Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

KakerMix posted:

No way it's not flipping your wipers on when you go to use your turn signal

No way, it's glancing to look in your rear-view mirror and staring at your A pillar instead because you looked the wrong way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

What are Toyota Sera’s going for? I think they existed in 1990 which puts them well within the 25 year limit.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

This might be the wrong thread, but the 25 year rule applies worldwide to importing in the US right? Like, if I fell and hit my head and decided I wanted a Trabant, as long as it's 25 years old or more, I could import one?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

It sold for $60????

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Raw Brokerage (Orlando) would know who is familiar with the Toyota J's (looks like they might do alot of work on that series of engine as well). Might give them a call. (407) 538-0098

Isn't the owner of Raw Brokerage a goon?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Ferremit posted:

Holy poo poo $18K us for a crappy old surf???

If it wasnt for the chicken tax, i'd love to know what dual cab hilux diesels would go for...

Won’t dual cab not fall under the chicken tax because it’s a “passenger vehicle” what with 4 doors and seating for 4(5)?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Guys.

GUYS.

JAPANESE. RVs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB_lfZMo2AM

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

everdave posted:

Hmm, what I was thinking but...this front bumper is pretty rashed. If it was resprayed this thing would look mint (Majesta). Think I should list it as-is right now?

Post a pic and show us how rashed it is? Maybe you can get 75% there with cut and polish?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

everdave posted:

Prado is at port in Japan

Needs the vanity plate "DES"

Get it? DES PRADO

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

BloodBag posted:

Man, how far along the spectrum do you have to be to sperg out about grilles on a 4 runner?

.8 ACVWs or so?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

SlimManFat posted:

the things I would do to own that

I think all you have to do is spend money.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

everdave posted:

Mazda Titan Camping

One day.....one day.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

They also play soothing nature sounds to cover up the noise of your bathroom activities.

Given my bathroom activities they should play Mastodon or something.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Snowy posted:

Bitcoins or weed?

He got in on the WeedCoin ICO.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

When do those Delicas start having sliders on both sides? I really (really) want one, but I want to wait until I don't have to stand in traffic to get my kids out of the van.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Does that Delica have a slider on the....left? An actual useful slider for left-hand-drive countries?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

everdave posted:

Yes on the left, Fargo has sliders both sides

*goes to check bank balance*

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

KakerMix posted:

Every single JDM van will have a door on the left. Having it on the right is not so common, but like everdave's Fargo the commercial/industrial vans typically have them on both sides. Consumer/luxury vans will only have them on Japan's most useful side, left, as they drive on the left.
All kei vans will have doors on both sides as well owing to their commercial use nature.
Opposite for USDM/ rest of the world vans until in the 2000s when everyone decided that having dual sliders made the most sense.

Dammit, that's right. almost 40 goddamned years old and I'm still spacing my lefts and rights sometimes.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

sirr0bin posted:

I saw my first Jimny in the wild yesterday and I think I'm in love. I thought it was a Suzuki Samurai originally but then i saw just how tiny it was. I require more Japanese cars.

Kaker has an 88 Delica that is MINTY FRESH and I dream about owning it. Alas, it's just not in the cards right now.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

As someone who spent his whole life in the Northeast, I can't get over how...not rusty that is. Like, do vehicles even rust in Japan?

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I’m still waiting for the camper walkthrough.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

everdave posted:

I am @carsfromafar on IG follow me (please!)

Done!

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

From what I heard to get a VA loan up until the 70s the house has to have “hardwood floors” so it meant for a whole generation hardwood meant “you’re poor”.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Yeah, my dad worked for Asplundh for decades doing contracted pole to pole trimming and right-of-way trimming and that thing wouldn’t get even halfway high enough to do the work needed. If I remember right he had a 50’ articulating boom on his truck.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

Darchangel posted:

That's what I want for pickup-truck duty, right there.

I want that and to stick a slide in camper on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

That’s no blocker, check CSB’s thread.