Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?




The horses, sick of your poo poo, dump the cart (and the six of you) off in the dust and proceed to gallop on their way. You find yourself dumped out in a makeshift truck stop, a few huge tyre bound semis parked up all over the place along the pounded flat dust track.



Unless the horses got something wrong, this would have to be the meeting point for the job. Right? Not that there was much in the way of anybody around. The dirt and shrubs left very little to the imagination, and if the huge engines and cargo containers weren’t here odds are it’d be utterly barren. The dirt goat path they came in on just lead back into Melbourne, which loomed large on the horizon. Not large like Seattle, maybe, but more the fact it was the only thing around that stuck up high against the flat plains. Far in the distance beyond the truck stop are some mountain ranges, but they’re even further out than the city was behind them.

It seemed a few of the drivers were milling about, at least, one or two buried under their trucks attending to routine maintenance. A must if you are to traverse the Australian interior. One is scraping some sort of bloody mass of meat from the grills of his machine. If one were a biologist specialising in Australian animals then perhaps the ragged bits of fur sticking out of the demolished meat would be enough to tell you what exactly got hit, but alas.

One ork is sitting on his bonnet close by where the six of you got dumped, reading an actual physical paper newspaper. Not letting such a commotion interrupt him, he takes a couple minutes to finish reading the back sports page before wrapping the paper up and hopping down off his truck.



“G’day mates.” He welcomes the six of you with a cheery, too wide grin. He didn’t have any obvious augments, seeming quite the ordinary ork. “So youse must be the mob that signed up for me milk run, yeah?” He wisely surmises, eyeing you all up and down. Though by the way his gaze vey much lingers over Full Stop odds are it was for something other than assessing your capabilities.

Behind him, presumably, is his truck. It had armour and guns, even without being natives it seems to suggest that where ever this truck goes that it gets a little troublesome. It already looked hooked up to a container, presumably whatever goods that were ready to transport. Without knowing what it was, there can only be educated guesses. Whatever it was, it smells very farmy. And it sounds very moo-y.



In your first posts include your sheets, and like it’s probably a good idea to keep track of edge and plot points under your name or something up the top? Don’t really mind where but it’s easier to keep track. Once we check in from everybody we’ll kick off proper.

[link to recruit thread]

Robodog fucked around with this message at Aug 4, 2017 around 20:45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Monster
EDG: 3/3 PP: 3/5


Mooing?

"It's a literal milk run. We're moving cows, aren't we? Jesus Christ." Lia gives the ork a disgusted look, as if he had just made a really bad pun. She pulls off her hat to tug at her hair with a world-weary sigh. "Yeah, we're here for the job." She trudges past him, her expression easing into a faint smile as she approaches his ride. "This is extremely my poo poo, though. Reminds me of the old crew. Dibs on the forward gun!"

pre:

Lia "Monster" Song
A CREATURE MOST AWFUL
AWAKENED
Tags: Human, Mind Mage, Nihilist, Drone Operator, Ex-Dawkins 

STR:  2
AGL:  6
WIL:  4
LOG:  3
CHA:  6

EDGE: 3
ESS:  6

Dispositions

Fear is power.
Always take the blame.
Everyone’s in denial about being a bad person.
Survival is the top priority.

Skills

Sorcery (WIL) 2
Con (CHA) 3
Intimidation (CHA) 5
Piloting (Ground) (AGI) 2
Vehicle Weapons (AGI) 1
Blood Magic (K)

Shadow Amps

Awakened (2)
   Can use magic.
Analyze Truth (1)
   Effect. Caster can determine whether or not subject is telling the truth.
Detect Magic (1)
   Effect. Magical objects and active spells glow in a way the caster can perceive.
Control Thoughts 2 (3)
   Effect. +2 dice to intimidation and negotiation tests.
Custom Gun Drone 1 (2)
   Gain 1 attack/movement (only with gun-drones)

Cues

I vote we just burn it all down.
What is this, baby’s first Saw trid?
It was me, chummer! It was me all along!
Oh, well isn’t that loving cute.
Tons of people have dead parents. Get over it!
Hey, easy! I’m supposed to be the bad guy here!
Out of the way, you’re embarrassing yourself.
Remind me again why we even try to plan anything?

Qualities

Mentor Spirit (Quokka) 
   +1 Con, reroll a die for effect spells.
Silver Tongue
   May reroll 2 dice on Charisma tests.
Distinctive Style 
   Orange and Black, Terrifying, High Anxiety

Weapons

NAME                        DAM  NEAR  CLOSE  FAR
Chainsaw                    4P
Flamethrower (As Shotgun)   9P    OK    -2    -
Ares Alpha (Drone AR)       8P    OK    OK    -2

Armour

Lined Detective's Trenchcoat (9)

Gear

Rally-ized Toyota Gopher
Inert Athame
Maersk Spider RCC
Fairlight Caliban

Contacts

Sage (Blind Wiccan Oracle)
Faxel (Wasteland Gang Leader)

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Soiled Meat

Wrangler Hax
EDG: 2/2 PP: 4/5


"Huh, I always thought they just cloned the meat now. I guess that might be for the UCAS." He turns to the very rustic orc and asks, "They still make those out here?" He said pointing to the newspaper. Wrangler adjusted his trench coat as the short girl with a flamethrower raced past to call dibs on the truck. He slips his sunglasses down from his face and looks the truck over coming to a decision, "If you get the front, I am taking the middle. "

pre:
NAME: Wrangler Hax
TAGS: Human • Junkyard JuryRigger • Prodigy • Ex-Corp Robber(Ares) • Former-UCAS

STR:    3
AGL:    6
WIL:    3
LOG:    5
CHA:    4

EDGE:    2
ESS:	 2

Dispositions

Never met a bot I didn't like.
If I can get to it; it is obvious you didn't want it enough.
When you die, the one with the best toys wins.
Why do it when a robot can do it for you?

Skills

Firearms           2+A
Piloting (Ground)  3+A
Vehicle Weapons    3+A
Con                2+C
Engineering        3+L
Robotics(k)        

Shadow Amps

Control Rig 3
   Control vehicles by VR, +1 die to vehicle actions, may reroll 3 dice on vehicle actions. –2 Essence
Custom Spider Drone 3
   Gain +3 attacks/movements (only with gun-drones). [A6, D6]
Smartlink 2
   +1 die to Firearms or Heavy Weapons rolls. –1 Essence
Wired Reflexes 2
   +1 attack, 1 Plot Point per Scene. –1 Essence

Cues

"Don't worry, I got this"
"The more bang we bring the more Nuyen we bring in."
"Can't split the take till we get the Nuyen"
"My bud does the blasting, I do the fixing"


Qualities

Silver Tongue
   May reroll 2 dice on Charisma tests.
Toughness
   All damage taken is reduced by 1.
SINner, Criminal
   Character is known to Law Enforcement. Their data is available through the Global SIN Registry


Weapons

NAME           DAM   NEAR   CLOSE   FAR
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Unarmed         3S    OK      —      —
Makeshift Knife 3P    OK      —      —  
Ares Predator V 6P    OK     -2      —         
Ares Alpha      8P    OK     OK     -2   Drone Mounted

Armour

Lined Raggy Patched Trench 9

Gear

Fake Sin(Bob Walters)
Mechanic toolkit
Suzuki Aurora Street Bike [A 6, D 5]
Fairlight Caliban

Contacts

Walter Fudd - Con man, expartner in crime, part time fence
Sady Williams - Hacker fence, Anarchist extraordinare. 

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Aug 5, 2017 around 03:43

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Joanna


Joanna swings down off the horse card, landing with a surprisingly solid *thump* on the dirt. "You're kidding me!?" she declares, following after Monster, heading to the back of the truck and taking a look in.

"Don't think I've seen a cow outside a museum," she says. "They claim they're tastier than the cloned stuff," she tells Wrangler. "Something about getting a workout on the field. Not sure if I believe it - the one time I tried it I couldn't tell the difference." Jo shrugs. "Just don't have a refined palette. For food, anyway. Jewels, totally different."

"Sort of expected to be entering buildings, cracking safes," Jo says as she climbs up on the rear. "But whatever, milk run," she says, chuckling at it. "I can take the rear."

pre:
Name: Joanna Vesport
Tags: Human, Thief

STR:    3
AGL:    6
WIL:    2
LOG:    5
CHA:    5

EDGE:    1
ESS:	 4

Dispositions

I'll take that, that, and one of those.
Dangerous? Oooh, fun!
Go new places, meet new people, steal their stuff.

Skills - 13 (12+1 for being Human! +1 for light armor)

Athletics		- 2 + (6) = 8
Close Combat	- 2 + (6) = 8
Con 			- 1 + (5) = 6
Hacking			- 1 + (5) = 6
Stealth			- 4 + (6) = 10
Security Sys.	(K)

Shadow Amps

Cybereyes 1 (1, -1)
	Ignore vision modifiers, may reroll 1 failed dice with ranged attacks.
Cyberlegs 3 (4, -1)
   Gain 1 extra movement per narration, may re-roll 2 dice on Athletics tests, avoid 1 damage.
Top-End B&E Kit (2)
	Reroll 1 failed die on lockpicking tests, safecracking tests, etc
MCT Fly-Spy Aerial Drone (2 Drones) (3)
	+2 dice to Perception tests

Cues

Sure I can get in, but it'll cost.
So there I was, dangling from the 150th floor...
I do the job, then I get paid
Mmmm, no, I'm keeping this one.
C'mon 11! Mommy needs a new pair of legs!

Qualities

Catlike
   +2 dice for Stealth tests
Hawkeye
   +2 dice for Perception tests
Lifelong Thief
   At times, you must spend a plot point to avoid prioritizing petty (or grand) larceny over other concerns.

Weapons

NAME          	DAM	NE	CLOSE	FAR
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-----------
Unarmed			1S	OK	—		—
Knife			2P	OK	—		—
Heavy Pistol	6P	OK	-2		—

Armour

Armor Clothing 6

Gear

Climbing Rig
Commlink
Smoke Grenades

Contacts

Sasha (Theif Frenemy)
The Mixer (Fence)

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Jinx
Edge: 2/2 3/3+1




pre:
Jinx
Unlucky • Elf • Ex-military • UCAS Patriot • Minnesota Nice
EMERGED/AWAKENED
Nope

STR:    6
AGL:    7
WIL:    4
LOG:    3
CHA:    3

EDGE:    2
ESS:	 3.5

Wound Tracks
Physical
[ ][ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ][ ] -2
[ ][ ][ ] -3
[ ][ ] -4

Stun
[ ][ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ][ ] -2
[ ][ ][ ] -3
[ ]

Dispositions

Going loud means somebody screwed up
Roll with the literal and figurative punches
Whatever it is, it's still not the worst thing that's
	happened to me
It never hurts to try the polite way

Skills 12

Close Combat xxx+A
Firearms xx+A
Heavy Weapons xx+A
Athletics xx+A
Stealth xx+A
Intimidate x+S+2
Small Unit Tactics (K)

Shadow Amps 10
Bioware Arms 2 (4 pts, -.5 Ess)
	Reroll 2 failed dice on AGI checks
Wired Reflexes 2 (3 pts, -1 Ess)
	+1 attack, 1 plot point per Scene
Smartlink (2 pts, -1 Ess)
	+1 die to Firearms and Heavy Weapons

Cues

Um...
Stop being a baby and hit me!
Actually, the Ares Alpha is the best gun ever made because
Is there any way we can settle this the nice way?
It's not like I make a habit of getting shot in the head...
Arm wrestle you for it?
(Quiet sighing)

Qualities

Bruiser
	+2 to Intimidate, use STR instead of CHA
Toughness
	Take 1 less Damage
Unlucky
	Whenever you roll a Glitch die, roll two dice and take the lowest 
        result. Glitches and Exploits do not count double.

Weapons

NAME            DAM   NEAR   CLOSE   FAR
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Unarmed		3S    OK      —       —
Ares-Stoner MG	8P    OK      OK      OK
Shock Glove	7S

Armor
Armor Jacket (9)

Gear

Flashbang Grenades
Trauma Patches
Microtransceiver
Zip-ties

Contacts

Patchy - Smuggler that got Jinx into Australia after her latest prison break back in the States.
Jailbait - Blind Rat shaman and old runner buddy. Angry, angry woman. 
     Seemingly incapable of speaking without the use of profanity.

Karma: 2
Jinx frowns at the truck. She goes around to the trailer and attempts to check the cargo. In this line of work, just because it sounds like a cow and smells like a cow doesn't mean it's not a load of bullshit.

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at Aug 11, 2017 around 16:45

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Full Stop
1 Edg, 3 PP

Clambering out of the cart, Full Stop lets out a grunt of relief as she stretches her limbs. The troll then takes some time to look around and survey her environs: the endless dust plains, the mammoth rigs with their smell of gasoline and old metal baking in the sun, the trucker leisurely reading a literal news-paper. She looks oddly charmed by the…quaintness of it all.

“Hello,” Veronika tells the ork. “Indeed.” Busy scrutinising his fortified truck, she doesn’t notice his lingering gaze at first; when she does, she casually pulls a massive Ruger revolver from a thigh holster. “Is something the matter?” she asks, correctly pointing the gun at the ground and swinging its cylinder out to check the load. “If there is not, I should go claim a spot while there still are any free, no?” she says after snapping the cylinder back into place and putting away the gun, nodding in the direction of the truck.
pre:
                               Veronika "Full Stop" Graeber
                               
 Troll • No-nonsense • CorpSec • Gun nut • NOT secretly a complete Miley Kinogre fangirl

Strength: 5      Agility: 5      Willpower: 5      Logic: 5      Charisma: 3      Edge: 1

                                       Dispositions

         Corp citizens are people too.              Troll and proud of it.

         There’s never a good reason not            She’s got a gun for that.
           to behave like a professional.

                                          Skills

         Firearms 5+A                 Demolition 3+L              Engineering 3+L

        Chemistry (K)                 CorpSec SOP (K)             ElectrOz pop (K)

                 Shadow Amps (Essence 3: –2 dice to magic/healing tests.)

              Mil-Spec Cybereyes (3)                  Micro-Wire Cyberhands (2)
      Cyberware: ignore vision modifiers;         Cyberware: +1 die to tests that
      may re-roll 1 failed die with ranged        benefit from great manual finesse;
      attacks; +1 die to Firearms or Heavy        –1 Essence.
      Weapons rolls; –2 Essence.

             Customised Ares ‘Feste’                More Where That Came From (2)
             R2R Full Body Armour (3)             Gain additional 3 weapons; may
      12 armour; reduce damage taken from         trade melee weapon for ranged
      explosions by 2.                            weapon.

                                           Cues

   Please put down your weapons. You have      This is what I call a red-wire
   ten seconds to comply.                      situation: there is a fifty-fifty
                                               chance it’ll blow up in all our faces.

   There is no need to worry. I get shot       (humming under her breath) …don't
   at for a living.                            wanna keep turning it down, when this
                                               ork wants to rock with you… 

   What is this, amateur hour?                 Calling me “trog” says a lot more about
                                               you than it does about me, you know.

   It’s a magazine, not a cl… oh, forget       “Go loud”? I was hoping you’d say that.
   it.
                                         Qualities

           College Education              Hawkeye              SINner, Corporate
       May choose two additional        +2 dice for         Veronika is a corporate
           knowledge skills.         Perception tests.       citizen, and her data
                                                              is available through
                                                            the Global SIN Registry.

                                          Weapons

              Dam  Close  Near  Far                              Dam  Close  Near  Far
 Krupp Arms    8P    OK    OK    –2                  Kriegfaust  12P    –2**  OK**  —
 Kriegfaust                                         underbarrel
     AR                                             gren. lnchr

              Dam  Close  Near  Far                              Dam  Close  Near  Far
Enfield AS-7   9P    OK*   –2    —                  Ruger Super   6P    OK    –2    —
  Shotgun                                             Warhawk
                                                     H. pistol

              Dam  Close  Near  Far                              Dam  Close  Near  Far
Yamaha Pulsar  6S    OK    –4    —                    Unarmed     3S     —     —    —
   Taser

 * May attack two targets at half                  ** Player(s) damaged as well at GM
   damage by taking –2                                discretion

      Armour                Condition Monitor                 Gear & Contacts

   ■ ■ ■ ■ ■            □ □ □ –1        □ □ □ –1                  All-purpose toolbox
     ■ ■ ■ ■ ■           □ □ □ –2        □ □ □ –2            Customised Toyota-Holden
       ■ ■ ■ ■ ■          □ □ □ –3        □ □ □ –3        “Bitser” van (A 12, D 16)
   (Body Armour)           □ □ –4          □ □ –4                      Smoke grenades
                         Physical          Stun               Transys Avalon commlink

                                                                      Betty MacWillis
                                           (Miley Kinogre Matrix site admin; fixer)
                                                                  Matewa “Jake” Teira
                                                            (dwarf decker; ‘runner)

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at Aug 4, 2017 around 20:57

megane
Jun 20, 2008



Redline
E: 3/3 | PP: 3/5

Redline stares blankly at the truck stop and the desert around it. Then at the ork's truck. She hasn't been more than 100 feet from a skyscraper in maybe a decade. But eventually she shrugs and laughs. "Sure, why the gently caress not," she says. "Bring it on. I've always wanted to die in the middle of nowhere. Near some... cows."



pre:
== REDLINE ==
Human · Technomancer · Test Subject · Street Racer · Thrill-seeker

STR:    3
AGL:    5
WIL:    3
LOG:    6
CHA:    4

EDGE:   3
ESS:	4 (-1 magic/healing)

Dispositions

Nobody gets inside my head ever again.
Don't wait. Go! Full throttle, never look back!
Any crash you walk away from is a good crash.
I know I should play it safe... but I just can't.

Skills

Tasking           4+L [10 dice]
Piloting (Ground) 3+A [ 8 dice] (+2 sports cars)
Electronics       2+L [ 8 dice]
Escape Artist     2+A [ 7 dice]
Close Combat      2+A [ 7 dice]
Scorchwave Music  (K)

Shadow Amps

Emergence         [2]
Resonance Spike   [2]
   Complex form. Cybercombat. Matrix damage = 8. Defense = Logic + Firewall.
Infusion          [2]
   Complex form. Choose an attribute of ally in Matrix. Make a Tasking + Logic test. Target’s chosen attribute is
   +1 for each net hit.
Control Rig II    [3]
   Cyberware. Control vehicles by VR, +1 die to vehicle actions, may reroll 2 dice on vehicle actions. –2 Essence

Cues

"No. No no no.  Not happening.  Y'asking the wrong girl, call somebody else."
"Ha haha, YES! Listen to that engine!  This thing is CHROMATIC!"
"Umm, you should buckle your seatbelt.  Trust me."
"No no no, oh no, not again.  I can't DO this!  Why am I doing this??"
"Too late!  I'm in!"
"Wh- you think I'd do this to MY car?  I sliced it from some glitterboy, obviously."

Qualities

Gearhead
   When pushing the limits of vehicles or performing difficult maneuvers, +2 dice to roll.
Natural Hardening
   Reduce Matrix damage taken by 2.
Phobia (MCT) [Negative]
   When in the presence of MCT forces, -2 to all dice rolls.

Weapons

NAME           DAM    NEAR   CLOSE  FAR
Unarmed        2S     OK     --     --
Stun Staff     7S     OK     --     --
HK-227 TX      6P     OK     OK     --

Armour

Racing Leathers (6)

Gear

Fake SIN (Alice Ramirez)
Sony Emperor commlink
Honda 3220 Turbo (A 9, D 10)
Spoof chips

Contacts

Dr. Harriet Stripes (human cyberdoc)
Freckles (dwarven racing underground organizer)

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Monster
EDG: 3/3 PP: 3/5

"Hell yeah, that's the spirit." Monster begins the struggle of climbing into place. She has one leg awkwardly up when she stops to ask the usual question: "What was the pay on this, anyways?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Soiled Meat

Wrangler Hax
EDG: 2/2 PP: 4/5


"Not enough." He said looking at the others. "Not loving enough, but hey, we can shoot things before we get taken down by cannibals or crazy awakened animals, right?"

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Aug 5, 2017 around 03:44

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Full Stop
1 Edg, 3 PP

“No one here is going to die as long as I am around,” she asserts very matter-of-factly.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?


"Cows, yeah." The ork nods like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Can't take milk milk out this way, whole bloody lot spoils before ya get outta the state!" He grins and chuckles to himself. These yuppies didn't know a single thing about milk! He looks to Wrangler Hax "What? The paper?" The man looks back at his reading material. "poo poo yeah, how else you gunna see if ya nag's won?" The ork has to shake his head. Figures that metropolitan types couldn't tell their heads from their tails. Oh well, as long as they can get the job done! "Uh, yeah. You can do that, love." The ork winks, keeping his eyes on Full Stop the whole was as she walks towards the truck to check out the armaments.

Trotting around to check the back, a very sceptical Jinx decides to check out the passengers herself. After all, why trust this guy? They just met, and this could all be some clever trick to bring people out to the middle of nowhere and kill them and eat them. There were trids about maniacs like that all over the place! Peering through the heavily welded up grating that covered the rear of the bus-turned-shipping container, it's difficult to really make out any distinct shapes. It's clear the bus seats had all been removed to maximise room for the cargo. But despite the streaming daylight flooding into the trailer it was so jammed full that making anything out was hard.

That was, until one of them head-butts the back door and jams its face against the grating.



"Pay?" The ork turns on his heels to Monster. "Well, it's ten thousand each way. So that's twenty for ending up back here." He kicks the dirt as if marking the exact point they should end back at. "But after coverin' costs, fuel, and me cut you lot are gunna get four each way. Yeah?" He pauses for a moment. "One'a you lot can drive, yeah?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Soiled Meat

Wrangler Hax
EDG: 2/2 PP: 4/5



"Well poo poo. I guess that is me." He scratched his head and watched everyone, "I gotta admit, I assumed you were driving it or something. Can't be worse than driving through the Junkyard back in the UCAS." He says with a finality and starts walking toward the trailer.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Monster
EDG: 3/3 PP: 3/5

Monster stops halfway up the last ladder to gaze unhappily at their employer. Four thousand each way? That was, what, less than two thousand each? Not even enough to pay rent for a month. And for something this high risk? Anxiety wells up in her chest. The heart beat in her ears drowns out whatever Wrangler was saying. She grits her teeth and can think of little more than walking back to her truck.

There's motion in the periphery of her vision. She spies this little dude poking his head out of a bush:



That's right, none of this is for money. This isn't about the money; money doesn't do much good out here. Money can't hide you from Raven or make Quokka happy. Living out of a truck doesn't cost anything and it's not even that bad of an option. This isn't the Amazon, this isn't a warzone, and this isn't Seattle. Think of how much fun it'll be to blast some poor jerk with a flamethrower from the top of a Mad Max prop! Everything is fine! She takes a deep breath and clambers up the ladder. This is fine.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Jinx

Jinx gives the cow a thoughtful look as it continues to try to brain itself. If you didn't have the means to pasteurize your milk, hauling it around in its original container worked alright, if you didn't mind the smell.

Satisfied, she throws her gear into the truck and finds a space for herself and her machine gun.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Full Stop
1 Edg, 3 PP

“It may not be much money, but there will be other jobs,” Veronika calls over her shoulder as she hauls herself up the side of the trailer. Once on top she inspects its mounted weapons for a while, swivelling and test-aiming one of the heavy guns a few times, before eventually shaking her head. Too different from what she is used to, and at a disadvantage against close targets depending on the angles and speed involved. She could make do, but why settle for that when she has brought her own gear, equipment she trusts and is intimately familiar with?

Perching on the edge of a massive tyre serving as a battlement of sorts, the troll reaches behind her back and produces a gunmetal assault rifle from underneath her poncho. With its high-capacity drum magazine and heavy-duty stock, the gun would look ruggedly bulky even if it hadn’t obviously been designed to suit the ergonomic needs of Full Stop’s metatype; on the other hand, it could no doubt be used to bash someone’s skull into pulp while being sturdy enough to do so many times in a row without malfunctioning. Not that she really seems like the sort that engages in such crude behaviour.

Veronika smiles quietly to herself as she brings the rifle’s imaging scope up to her eye and scans the barren landscape through it for a minute. She then removes a grenade from a reinforced belt pouch and loads it into the launcher mounted beneath the Kriegfaust’s barrel. Leaving the safety on for the time being, the troll rises to her feet and looks down at the others. “I am ready to go.”

Quokka!

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at Aug 5, 2017 around 23:13

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Joanna

Get upstairs, check things out. It's not the worst spot. Good observability, at least, even if she's not going to be busting out heavy weapons.
"If we get through this one," Joanna says to Full Stop, as she climbs about. As she looks out from the rear observation post, she spies the cute little animal in the brush.

"Is it true everything here will eat you?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Monster
EDG: 3/3 PP: 3/5

"Like there's still some place on this awful planet you can go where something won't eat you. Hey, why aren't we moving yet?" Lia hangs over the front of the cabin and pounds the windshield aggressively. "Hey! Driver! Drive! Let's go, let's go!"

megane
Jun 20, 2008



Redline

"Hey! I was..." Redline starts when Wrangler claims the driver's seat, but then she just pouts at his back and climbs into the passenger side of the cab. She contents herself with fiddling with the truck's radio. Is there any actual music out here?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Soiled Meat

Wrangler Hax
EDG: 2/2 PP: 4/5


The woman gets in the passanger side, Redline, he remembers she is called as the spiderbot plops down between them. "You were saying? I didn't catch tha-" Then before Redline can reply, the knock on the roof of the cab is enough for him to start the engine. "I guess we are rolling out then!"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?


But what was a Quokka doing all the way out here? And showing itself right now? Exactly why a blessed Quokka appeared here would have to remain a mystery to you all for now, as the little fella runs off and disappears just as quickly as it had poked it's little head out.

This wasn't a leisurely animal spotting tour, though! It was time to get this milk run underway. With everyone aboard, the ork gives the cab a solid thunk with his meaty fist and gives the truck a single wave. "Alright, mates. See ya back 'ere in a couple days." He leaves you with, quite lackadaisical with the fate of his dairy cargo. But no doubt he was relieved that for once this long, arduous journey was not resting on his shoulders. That the fate of all those cows was safely outsourced to professionals like this.

Given the all clear by their ork employer, and the hurry up by Monster, Wangler Hax puts his in-depth knowledge about beaten up old desert trucks into practise and starts 'er up. The roar of the engine could easily be mistaken for that of a light tank. Given that nobody really knew how this truck was hammered together it could very well be the engine out of a light tank for all they knew. But in his esteemed view, Hax reckoned there should be more than enough power to drag these cows to where they needed to go. He pulls out and starts the truck on its way, staring down a seemingly endless dirt road.



It doesn't take long before all signs of civilisation are left behind. Sand and dirt are in front of them, and sand and dirt are left behind in their wake. No other trucks are on the road with them, and no native wildlife can be seen hopping alongside the dirt highway. It looked like it was going to be up to these intrepid 'runners to entertain themselves on this long, bone dry, sandy, cowy drive. Redline, not driving, has to do the next best thing and annoy the driver by fiddling with the radio. The console is decidedly retro, with nothing more than a dial and a couple knobs. Flicking through the radio, there seems to only be two stations that they can pick up. One with rock and one with country. Whether this counted as actual music would have to be up to Redline to decide.

Somewhere along the way of fiddling with the radio, something comes loose and flutters down. A piece of paper? As Hax was busy driving, it turned to Redline to examine what it was. In seemed that in lieu of any sort of satellite navigation, the ork has provided you with an old fashioned map to guide you lot along for the delivery.



…a very hastily drawn, vaguely accurate map torn out of the middle of his newspaper. While both able drivers, neither Wrangler Hax or Redline were map experts. Or Australia experts. So just how helpful this map would end up being was up for debate. Really, where the hell were you two even going?

Up on top of the trailer, the other four don't have to worry themselves with such problems. So far there was nothing on the horizon that could be considered dangerous. Maybe this would be a milk run after all? In the traditional sense of the word, not the backwards Australian way. The only real issue so far was the huge amount of dust being kicked up at them, reducing visibility to all those with real eyes and no goggles to sweet bugger all.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Monster
EDG: 3/3 PP: 3/5

Conditions at the front of the truck were a bit more favorable; the oldschool aviator's goggles on Monster's face did little more than deflect the occasional bit of dirt kicked up by the flatland wind. They required her to turn her cap backwards, exposing her eyes to the impossibly bright landscape, but sacrifices had to be made in the name of safety. The road hypnotism is strong. Her head bobs briefly, though her heart jumps as she finds herself coming close to the unforgivable sin that is falling asleep on watch.

Monster stands, clips her safety line into a ring, steps over her stowed drone, and stretches out. She gazes up idly, appreciating the approaching storm clouds for providing some relief from the outback sun. This road was impossibly long and flat. There was nothing but dry shrubs on all sides. It was awful. All her big dreams of the promised land full of spiky leather-clad violent anarchists were shattered. Constant disappointment was one of the few things she could depend on these days, at least. She holds her flamethrower up and lets out a wistful sigh. One last check to make sure the chainsaw and drone were stowed before setting off.

She unclips herself and goes for a walk, jumping the short gap to the school-bus-turned-trailer's top. Not that it's much of a walk. It hardly feels thrilling considering the lack of bumps in the road and the sturdiness of the truck. "You still awake back here?" She shouts over the growing wind to Joanna and Full Stop, though her voice carries over the team's comms. "See anything interesting?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Soiled Meat

Wrangler Hax
EDG: 2/2 PP: 4/5


Wrangler's sunglasses obscure some of the dust as does the windshield, but for any issues he had the optics in his drone augmented his vision. It sat on the dash and stared out the windshield as they drove along. Wrangler tried not to think about how long this trip was going to take. He was intent on driving it straight through without any stops, and though he had his cyberware it didn't make him immune to the effects of long drives and the long road.

"This is going to be a long one, you up for swapping out when I get sunblind and tired?" He asked simply, not sure what Redline's deal was other than she liked pressing buttons.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Joanna

They get moving, and up in the rear observation, Joanna watches. Oh, yay, desert. Well...she slouches back on the floor, putting her feet up and watching the sky. There's a lot more sky here than there was back in the UCAS, not all covered by smog or drowned out by lights. Neat, until the dust storm starts to kick up. Good thing she got those cybereyes Sloan offered back in Portland.

Joanna sits up at Monster's call, half-shading her eyes with her hand. "Lots of dust," she reports, smirking. "Very little of value. I did steal land once, but that was all paper flim-flam, not an actual heist, and I'd hate to see what Oz's land records look like. There's lovely and then there's too lovely to scam on," she observes. "You seem to be enjoying this!"

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at Aug 13, 2017 around 17:18

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Jinx
Edge: 2/2 PP: 3/3+1


For her part, Jinx is content to watch the horizon scroll by. Not getting shot or stabbed or pummeled is a pretty good start to a job in her book.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Full Stop
1 Edg, 3 PP

It’s a good thing she parted ways with her organic eyes years ago. Right here and now they’d fare poorly without additional protection; her cybereyes, on the other hand, have an AEC rating (Adverse Environmental Conditions) of M, so they are doing just fine. As long as they don’t encounter a class X dust storm…

Her meat lungs are just that, though, with all the attendant drawbacks and susceptibility to even slight quantities of drek in the air, so Full Stop pulls out a bandanna and ties it over her nose and mouth to keep the worst of the sand out. She also lets her assault rifle hang from its shoulder strap and drapes her poncho over it – the Kriegfaust is a rugged little beast, no doubt about that, but there’s no point getting more dust in it than is necessary.

The troll gives Monster a thumbs up. “Nothing to report,” she shouts back. “Though I am slightly bemused that we must guard and drive the truck ourselves.” She shrugs her shoulders a little, the motion all but impossible to make out given the bumpy nature of their ride, and continues to watch the distant and not-so-distant plains for any signs of trouble. She has a job to do after all.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at Aug 16, 2017 around 19:26

megane
Jun 20, 2008



Redline
E: 3/3 | PP: 3/5

"Whoa, I absolutely wanna drive it! Look at this thing, it's like a truck ate another truck. I think the engine is bigger than I am." Redline gives up on finding a better station and leaves the dial on AC/DC. She nods along with it for a minute. "Hmm. What'd they call this stuff? Oh, I know! Big band music or something, right?"

She digs under the seat for the little scrap of paper and scowls at it, chewing on a strand of hair. "According to this, we're supposed to go, uh..." She looks from the paper to the endless straight road and back. "...forwards?"

megane fucked around with this message at Aug 12, 2017 around 03:19

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Soiled Meat

Wrangler Hax
EDG: 2/2 PP: 4/5


"Something like that, the sprawl had a few who liked it. Not sure, I mostly tried to keep quiet. They don't take to kindly to humans in most parts." He said revving the engine and kicking it into another gear. The beast lurched forward into the dust and desert.

"I can do forward. Then I guess the big question is when do we stop?" Glancing over at Redline. "Lets hope no one gets wind of this run. I don't think we will be dealing with awakened, this is out and out food. Rats are always worst when cornered and starving."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Monster
EDG: 3/3 PP: 3/5

"I'd be enjoying it more if I had something more to do than stare out at the horizon," she says to Joanna. She looks away to correct the grin on her face. Had to be careful not to let those slip out. "I mean, I have no right to complain right now. I'm just being stupid. Nobody's coming and even then it's not like anyone's looking for me." Lia leans against the tire, shrugging.

"I think it's great, personally," she replies to Full Stop. "We don't have to babysit some feckless idiot driver. That's, like, half the problem with these sort of escort jobs."

A single raindrop strikes her goggles, prompting her to look up at the dark grey cloud directly overhead. She frowns and holds out her palm. "Hope you don't mind trading the dust for mud," she grumbles, returning to her post up front. A couple heavy drops strike her head, causing her to duck. The horizon ahead is replaced by a wall of water. "That's loving fantastic." Seconds later she's soaked and banging furiously on the passenger side door. "Hey, open up! Lemme in!"

passing it to axe now for narration

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?


The radio continues to assault delicate ear with native Australian tunes. After a litany of nonsensical hard OzRock, the radio decides to start playing some sort of anti-corp protest song? In any other part of the world, the civilised world, there would be little doubt that such a band would itself have corp backing. But out here in Oz? Odds were that it was all genuine.

For a few more hours, the truck and cargo trundles on. The further away from Melbourne they drive, it seemed, the rougher the dirt road got. Big hauling trucks like these were probably the only traffic these roads ever got, and they hadn't seen anything coming from the other direction yet. Or anything else coming up from behind. Not enough weight and not frequent enough to pound the dirt flat, leaving the ride ahead not quite as comfortable as it was earlier. Wrangler Hax and Redline weren't feeling it too bad in the cab, which seemed like it still had some form of suspension, but the cows in the back and team out on top were not having as easy a time of it.

The sun, low in the sky, was so slightly beginning to dim behind the dark storm clouds. Nothing like a desert when it rains, they say. But such things are usually enjoyed from far away, not in the middle of it. The sudden slick, muddy roads were not what the driver was expecting. Hax finds it difficult to keep the truck going in a straight line! The truck swung to the left, and as Hax kicked it right a deadly snake began to form behind him. The kind you get from a trailer rocking side to side, not an actual deadly snake. Though if they stopped or crashed for any reason, it was almost certain that a deadly snake would come and eat them in no time at all.

Underneath Full Stop, Jinx and Joanna the bus trailer starts to sway violently. Then moo in surprise and displeasure. Then throw them violently side to side. If anybody had been on a buck bronco, this is what it felt like, But worse, because the dust and sand was still kicking up and making it hard to see what the hell was even going on. But if people didn't grab on to something then it might only be a couple seconds before they get throw over!

Lia had made the smart choice to ask to be let in the far more comfortable cabin. Normally, it would be a good move. But just as she hammered on the passenger side door, the cab loses traction and starts to slide. Monster is tossed out and around and slams into the windshield. The only things keeping the rain/dust/sand/mud out shatters like the cheap glass it apparently was.

Okay now it's time for turns and narrations!!!
This poo poo is basically like normal PbP play. You can post in any order and at any time you want if it is just chit-chatting or narrative opinion or internal monologue or shitposting. BUT if you want to post a real honest to god action that needs a roll or anything that needs the GM to resolve then you gotta do in the table sitting order that we mostly made up. This is called a NARRATION. Each action gets rolled and resolved in the narration and then it moves on to the next person in line to roll or do something. You can spend one or multiple PLOT POINTS during narration, both during your own turn and during somebody else's turn. I really don't get that but hey, if you really want to gently caress over somebody else the game provides. Specific to narration, a plot point can be spent on changing the turn order by making a Narration and taking actions when it isn’t your normal turn.
Order is:
Atlatl
Axe-Man
PS
Gnoll
MMA
Megane

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Monster
EDG: 3/3 PP: 3/5

"No, no, no!" Lia claws frantically at the slick cabin top, immediately regretting both of her decisions regarding not clipping in and attempting to get out of the rain. "Nononononononononono!"

Blinded by the rain and briefly failing to comprehending that she had stopped falling, she continues to flail and scream between Wrangler and Redline. Lia desperately crawls away from the driver and into Redline's lap. "Stop the truck! Stop the loving truck!"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Soiled Meat

Wrangler Hax
EDG: 2/2 PP: 4/5


"What and kill us by jackknifing at the same time?!" Wrangler shouts, he immediately drops it into a lower gear and lets his foot off the petal steering to make the body of the truck as straight as possible. His reflexes had been cyberized and his reaction was almost to the second that it should have been. "Come on hang in there..." He said as he tried to nurse the trailer and tractor to keep connected during the snake.

As the window explodes his drone backs down on autopilot and idles oddly on the floor of the cab.

Making a roll for driving ground 3+6 = 9d6

[6:42 AM] BOTSidekick: @Axe-man: 9d6 = (6+5+1+5+5+3+5+4+1) = 35

now on to platonicsolid!

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Aug 13, 2017 around 02:05

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?


The truck shudders as the transmission downshifts suddenly, the engine revving turning into high pitched screeching. This only angers the cows more. The lower gear and not flooring the accelerator helps to calm the truck down and it straightens out enough to not threaten a jackknife. But the truck still has tonnes of momentum behind it and is flying over wet and muddy roads at speeds one can only describe as 'oh my god this is way the gently caress too fast!'.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?


Monster
EDG: 3/3 PP: 3/5

"Don't you get smart with me! You know what I mean!"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Joanna

Angry, angry cows. Joanna gets jolted forward from the little watchtower, towards the floor below. "It's not time for a barbecue, Wrangler!" The next jolt from the truck slams her against the wall, getting jostled by cattle a moment later. drat, she needs a way out...

"Come to Oztralia," she grumbles to herself, jamming a foot against the ribbing on the inner wall to brace against the bovine assault. "Easy money....pft. I should be drinking cocktails and seducing rich corpboys to steal their stuff, not rubbing up against future pants." A shove with both legs against the wall pushes back against the swaying of cattle.

"This thing has an emergency brake, right?" Joanna asks over the comms. She doesn't wait for an answer - it should, most rigs do, a nice manual lever or wheel to turn and stop things. It's often in some out of the way place not meant to be accessed in motion, giving some really nice late-1800s dismemberment accident potential.

On a rig like this....

Joanna boosts up over the cattle, and climbs across the backs of the close-packed stock animals, until she gets to the front end of the trailer. There, a jump gets her up to the air vent. Just big enough to toss herself through, which she does, turning so her feet catch, leaving her hanging upside-down outside the trailer, face to face with the tail end of the tractor...and hey, there's that nice big emergency release!

Tug.

Tug.


"HSSSSSSSSSS"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Jinx
Edge: 2/2 PP: 3/3+1


Jinx is jolted out of her reverie by the sudden reintroduction to the laws of motion to her life. Part of it's training, and part of it's the superconducting wires woven into her nerves, but she latches onto a protrusion in the trailer and snags her gun out of the air, all the while getting flung forward by the violent stoppie. Getting slammed a full hundred-eighty degrees isn't fun, but she manages to hold on through brute force and determination not to die in a cow crash.

Brute Str check: 3 successes.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Full Stop
1 Edg, 3 PP

Just when Veronika has almost come to terms with the fact that the dust is going to get pretty much everywhere in her clothes and gear, the trailer beneath her decides to do its best impression of the drunk conga line at her aunt Liesel’s last birthday party. Said conga line admittedly wasn’t travelling at a speed of way too many kilometres per hour, but it’s a rather disconcerting experience all the same…and that’s before someone decides to pull the emergency brake.

So of course, being a trained professional, Full Stop does what everybody knows you’re supposed to do in a situation like this: she drops flat to the deck and hangs on for dear life, hoping that whatever she’s latching on to is solid enough to support her considerable weight.

STR+STR (holding on tight): 10d6t5 4 hits.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at Aug 16, 2017 around 19:26

megane
Jun 20, 2008



Redline

When the window breaks and Monster falls on top of her, Redline shrieks. "Ahh! Get off!" But as the truck nearly swerves out of control, she grabs ahold of Monster, the seat, the door, anything to keep from being thrown out of the truck. Her eyes go wide with surprise, but inside her heart is racing; this is what she lives for. "Are you SURE you don't want me to drive??" she screams into the wind.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?


yo gnoll when rolling pure attribute it's ATT+ATT so you need to roll 12d6t5 not 6d6t5 PLZ roll again!!!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Fan of Britches

Whoops, thought that seemed kind of low. My bad.

5 hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Soiled Meat

Wrangler Hax
EDG: 2/2 PP: 4/5


"Redline, that wasn't me! The trailer just locked the hydraulic brakes!" He downshifts again and slows down, as the rear skids along the back of the truck. The people screaming around him he seems to be looking straight ahead and through the mirrors concentrating.

"poo poo, at least we aren't getting shot at, just a bit of a truck thing. Everything taken care of." He followed up.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Aug 17, 2017 around 16:07

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«6 »