Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

The problem isn't with tourism per se, it's with tourism that is hostile to the locals. With tourists who use exclusive tourist only bars and restaurants that replace original local establishments, with tourists who have no desire to coexist with the locals, and with the businesses that cater to them and push others out of tourist areas. I swear if I see yet another local place converted into an "Irish pub" for rowdy Brits who then proceed to vandalize the surrounding areas, I'm going to flip my poo poo.

there are lots of irish pubs where i live too and its not because british tourists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the trump tutelage posted:

My Cancun experience was gross and I hated being waited on by over-eager staff almost as much as I hated how over-the-moon our resort restaurant waiter was when we were tipped him $20.00

Good vanilla drinks tho

i mean you did tip your waiter the equivalent of 5 days of minimum wage, thats easily more than the rest of his earnings for the day

go to playa del carmen or isla mujeres or tulum next time, cancun sucks

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
We were in Playa del Carmen, actually. Nice enough, we got to walk around the town a bit.

Tulum was cool.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

did you visit any pyramids

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
unfortunately no it was a bit of a whirlwind and Tulum was the one outting i could persuade the group to go on during an otherwise drunken few days at the resort

it was that or deep sea fishing

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

babypolis posted:

there are lots of irish pubs where i live too and its not because british tourists

Well, here they are, and they aren't particularly subtle about not wanting local customers. It's not an English speaking country, BTW.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

i'm going touring in america later this year, and will show you the cultural might of the large aussie pint drinking skills, compared to your culturally inferior baby pints

then i will be shot by the police

I'm sorry you're not white

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
so sounds like some tourists got creamed in barcelona, shortly after this thread was made.

COINCIDENCE?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

maskenfreiheit posted:

so sounds like some tourists got creamed in barcelona, shortly after this thread was made.

COINCIDENCE?

Of course I didn't do it, why would even ask such a ridiculous question?

No, I don't have any alibi, but why would I need one? After all, I didn't do it.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
*Be me, a highly respected TripAdvisor reviewer*

"More like Farcelona!" :smug:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

COINCIDENCE?
remember when people were making GBS threads their pants at the prospect of terrorists using smallpox or a suitcase nuke to kill people? now it seems like the only ways terrorists kill people is with pressure cooker bombs or driving a car really fuckin fast through a group of people. how the mighty have fallen

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

get that OUT of my face posted:

remember when people were making GBS threads their pants at the prospect of terrorists using smallpox or a suitcase nuke to kill people? now it seems like the only ways terrorists kill people is with pressure cooker bombs or driving a car really fuckin fast through a group of people. how the mighty have fallen
GTA saved the West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A Buttery Pastry posted:

GTA saved the West.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eW9qF585IY

• Locked thread