Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

anyway this is the worst connector

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

im keen on the ol banana

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i like hdmi but it really needs to be shaped like an isosceles triangle or mirrored like lightning/usb type-c or something, it's too much like usb when they should have designed it for plugging it into the back of a tv blindly

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
everyone should know the correct answer to this is bnc

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Bluetooth.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

1 great tip discovered on a farm

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

farmers love a good Bluetooth headset

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I love connectors but I hate cables. Well, that's life for you I guess.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

god these loving suck so bad

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

8p8c but never ever ever with a boot

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Breakfast All Day posted:

anyway this is the worst connector

wrong

this is the worst connector

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
APC-7.

good from DC to 18 gigahertz. genderless. precise. costs $300 each if you buy them in batches of 100.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I enjoy the humble DIN connector, especially the 5-pin MIDI variant because it allows you to connect a brand new computer to a 35 year old synthesizer to make beautiful bleeps and bloops

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

atomicthumbs posted:

APC-7.

good from DC to 18 gigahertz. genderless. precise. costs $300 each if you buy them in batches of 100.

Hmmm... time for a yospos group buy thread maybe.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
one of my favs:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
classic, understated, timeless

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

pram
Jun 10, 2001

get this poo poo out of here

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
speakon

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
cartridges and ram connectors

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

atomicthumbs posted:

APC-7.

The 1.85mm or 'V' coaxial connector is pretty good. The 2.92mm or 'K' coaxial connector is a little fragile and not as good, but lower cost and compatible with SMA connections.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gently caress you

also, lc fiber connections are good whereas st connections are dog poo poo garbage

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

lol

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

FPS_Sage
Oct 25, 2007

This was a triumph
Gun Saliva

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

nice pic of the power cord for your moms vibrator

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

the Common Berthing Mechanism is vastly superior, as it is wide enough to allow equipment pallets through & has vestibules for permanent infrastructure wiring etc.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

atomicthumbs posted:

APC-7.

is the threaded part a separate piece? because those look gendered af to me...

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

what's going on here?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

what's going on here?

that button under the boot will reset the switch lol. gr8 design

e.
"Certain types of snagless Ethernet cables have protective boots that extend too far forward and above the plastic latching tab.

When this type of cable is installed in Port 1 of any 48-port model of the Cisco Catalyst C3650 or C3850 Series switches, the boot might press and hold the Mode button, which invokes Express Setup and reboots the system. (Reference Figures 1 through 3 for illustrations of the issue.) "

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
i like Mini Fit Jr and .093 Molex those are great for hobby stuff and the latter was available in 2-12 pin connector shells at radioshacks everywhere

reverse polarity sma is almost the worst, but nowhere near as bad as reverse polarity TNC, the tier where wrt54g as infrastructure ham radio guys exist.

OldAlias posted:

that button under the boot will reset the switch lol. gr8 design

e.
"Certain types of snagless Ethernet cables have protective boots that extend too far forward and above the plastic latching tab.

When this type of cable is installed in Port 1 of any 48-port model of the Cisco Catalyst C3650 or C3850 Series switches, the boot might press and hold the Mode button, which invokes Express Setup and reboots the system. (Reference Figures 1 through 3 for illustrations of the issue.) "

i used to hate obfuscated reset switches but tool-less reset still involves one tool

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 6, 2017

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

it's u ur the tool

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
also a good connector:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

afen posted:

speakon

this is a really good connector

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is that a wave guide

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Corla Plankun posted:

is the threaded part a separate piece? because those look gendered af to me...

this hasn't been addressed and i am
fucnkn furious

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
WATCH ME TEAR THIS THREAD A NEW rear end in a top hat AS I DEMAND ANSWERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
please for the love of god