Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Water.

Earth.

Fire.

Air.

My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. Fifty years have passed and the Fire Nation continues its war of agression. Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads, and that the cycle is broken. But I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow, the Avatar will return to save the world.

It is 30 years into the reign of Fire Lord Azulon and the war rages on. The Air Nomads have vanished from the world and, with them, the avatar. The Earth Kingdom has made no such claims of having their own Avatar. If he were dead, then he should have been reborn into the Earth Kingdom. But, no one has seen him either. Hope is at an all time low.

Few remember what life was like before the war. The young know only violence and fear.

This is your world now. This is your story. Make it a good one in these troubled times.

--

This is a game of Legend of the Elements set in the Avatar: The Last Airbender universe. The game takes place approximately 50 years before the events of the series. The war has been going on for almost half a century and the Fire Nation shows no signs of stopping. Aang will not be discovered for another half century and most of the main cast will not be born for quite some time.

Players will take on the lives of characters surviving in a world torn by the 100 year war between the Fire Nation and the rest of the world.

Playbooks for Legend of the Elements can be found here.

This game will be:
  • Discord
  • Microphone Only, No Text Roleplaying
  • Tuesdays, 9pm EST
  • Last 2-3 Hours
  • Run for around 3 months

What I want from everyone:

• Why are you interested?
  • What do you want to do in the game?
  • Have you seen Avatar: The Last Airbender and/or Legend of Korra? If so, did you like it?
  • DO NOT MAKE A CHARACTER

Recruitment will run from Sunday August 7th to Sunday August 13th.

The first session will be Tuesday August 15th at 9pm EST.

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Aug 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh poo poo, I might actually be able to make time for this. 6 PM (WEST COAST BEST COAST) on Tuesdays is a really good time for me.

Covok posted:

What I want from everyone:

• Why are you interested?
  • What do you want to do in the game?
  • Have you seen Avatar: The Last Airbender and/or Legend of Korra? If so, did you like it?
  • DO NOT MAKE A CHARACTER
Why?
Because I was obnoxiously obsessed with Avatar way back when, I've been hankering for another fun storygame-ish Discord game since UQ's JoJo game ended, and I keep hearing good things about Covok games. Plus, the idea of a game where we know we're never going to win, and the best possible outcome is that we endure is fascinating to me.

What?
I want to exist in a fantasy world with consistent rules. I wanna kick the ground and punch a boulder. Or play a retired Fire Nation soldier who remembers the times before and wants to do his part to convince his younger countrymen from this path. I want to feel like my choices impact the other characters, and theirs affect mine, as well as the world around us. Also, I wanna play an ATLA game.

ATLA? LoK?
But of course. Korra takes a quality dip in the middle, and I still think there were a lot of really easy ways they could have made the Season 1 finale better, but it was still a fun ride when it's not Spirit World DBZ. Except the second season, which I actively recommend people skip.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

PMush Perfect posted:

Oh poo poo, I might actually be able to make time for this. 6 PM (WEST COAST BEST COAST) on Tuesdays is a really good time for me.

Why?
Because I was obnoxiously obsessed with Avatar way back when, I've been hankering for another fun storygame-ish Discord game since UQ's JoJo game ended, and I keep hearing good things about Covok games. Plus, the idea of a game where we know we're never going to win, and the best possible outcome is that we endure is fascinating to me.

What?
I want to exist in a fantasy world with consistent rules. I wanna kick the ground and punch a boulder. Or play a retired Fire Nation soldier who remembers the times before and wants to do his part to convince his younger countrymen from this path. I want to feel like my choices impact the other characters, and theirs affect mine, as well as the world around us. Also, I wanna play an ATLA game.

ATLA? LoK?
But of course. Korra takes a quality dip in the middle, and I still think there were a lot of really easy ways they could have made the Season 1 finale better, but it was still a fun ride when it's not Spirit World DBZ. Except the second season, which I actively recommend people skip.

Not trying to toot my own horn, but where did you hear that?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I actually don't even remember! I just know it left an impression. You seem like you've had some poor luck with games recently, and that always sucks.

Also, I see you in the DBZ and Digimon threads sometimes, ya goddamn weeb :j:

Covok
May 27, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

I actually don't even remember! I just know it left an impression. You seem like you've had some poor luck with games recently, and that always sucks.

Also, I see you in the DBZ and Digimon threads sometimes, ya goddamn weeb :j:

Well, I mean, I can't deny that assertion.

And, yeah, haven't been able to get a game started on SA, but I've been able to get some started elsewhere.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, I'm super interested.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Why?

Avatar is pretty amazing and I've wanted to play it in some form for a long time, never even heard of this system but could be cool?

What?

Pretty flexible. Would lean toward playing an Exiled Fire Nation person or Water bender. Don't even really care about playing a bender and actually it'd be kinda neat to just be a regular person in the setting. A war story could be cool, but just a random story about something in the setting with the war as a backdrop/complication could be great. Treasure hunters searching for Avatar Kyoshi's fans or whatever, I'd be down for that. Trying to Operation Valkyrie Fire Lord Sozin or Azulon, that works, too.

Shows?

Watched both, dug both, though I will say the spirit world stuff was probably the least interesting, especially in LoK where it just got a little overbearing. Tales of Ba Sing Se is still my favorite episode, call me crazy.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Rats, I'm going to be out of town that first week of the game. Would totally sign up for it otherwise.

Edit: on the off chance you don't mind wating/letting me miss the first week, I can put my stuff down:

I'm interested because Avatar and Korra are two of my favorite shows. The world and characters are a delight, and the fights are always a great show. Also, I love PBTA games, so I'm interested in playing this one.

I definitely wanna play a bender, but I'm not picky about the type. I want to do creative things with bending to solve problems. I want to travel and meet interesting people around the world and end up fighting a good number of them.

And yes, I've watched the ATLA multiple times with different people and I watched Korra as it aired. I actually liked most of the spirit stuff, especially the ATLAS things. (Koh the face-stealer was just creepy.)

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 6, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Capfalcon posted:

Rats, I'm going to be out of town that first week of the game. Would totally sign up for it otherwise.

Edit: on the off chance you don't mind wating/letting me miss the first week, I can put my stuff down:

I'm interested because Avatar and Korra are two of my favorite shows. The world and characters are a delight, and the fights are always a great show. Also, I love PBTA games, so I'm interested in playing this one.

I definitely wanna play a bender, but I'm not picky about the type. I want to do creative things with bending to solve problems. I want to travel and meet interesting people around the world and end up fighting a good number of them.

And yes, I've watched the ATLA multiple times with different people and I watched Korra as it aired. I actually liked most of the spirit stuff, especially the ATLAS things. (Koh the face-stealer was just creepy.)

I can let you miss the first week. It's not the end of the world. Most of the first week was going to be making characters as a group, but it's not the end of the world if you come in later.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Oh, forgot to say it in the OP but, due to the time we're playing in, I'm banning the metalbendershaper and avatarworldshaper subplaybooks. I'll allow airbendersshapers since it's possible to be a survivor hiding from the Fire Nation, but that would come with its own narrative costs given the time and place, obviously.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Psyched.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Why are you interested?

I like Avatar, PBTA systems, and Covok is a gaming buddy.

What do you want to do in the game?

I'm down for a lot of stuff, but I'd lean in more towards PBTA, with everyone having their own goals and motivations, and lots of fragile alliances and uncertain antagonisms vs. the wild adventure times in Avatar. Maybe set it in an occupied Earth Nation city.

Have you seen Avatar: The Last Airbender and/or Legend of Korra? If so, did you like it?

Yeah. I absolutely loved The Last Airbender and liked a lot of Legend of Korra. I really liked the new setting and tone of Korra (less high adventure, more politics and ambiguity) but grew to hate the character, which meant I really didn't like a lot of the world-changing plot points about how Korra (possibly the dumbest person to have ever lived and an absolute failure of an Avatar) was so great and special.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Yeah. I absolutely loved The Last Airbender and liked a lot of Legend of Korra. I really liked the new setting and tone of Korra (less high adventure, more politics and ambiguity) but grew to hate the character, which meant I really didn't like a lot of the world-changing plot points about how Korra (possibly the dumbest person to have ever lived and an absolute failure of an Avatar) was so great and special.

Hit it on the nose.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fuzz posted:

Hit it on the nose.
:agreed:

Even if I love and respect the realistic interpretation of PTSD.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

:agreed:

Even if I love and respect the realistic interpretation of PTSD.

The PTSD was fine it was more that she was otherwise a loving unlikable rear end in a top hat and idiot. She was like James Garfield Peter Parker.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Can we get PMed the Join link for the Discord server?

Covok
May 27, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Can we get PMed the Join link for the Discord server?

Sure, it's about time to announce who is in the game...which is everyone. I know 1/2 of you from previous games and the other 1/2 seem cool.

The link is here. Please only click if you posted a recruit in this thread before this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

PMPush, just checking in. Want to know if you're still down. I know we are near the end of the school semester so work must be tight. If you can't make it for a while, that's cool. Just curious what your situation is, is all.

• Locked thread