Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

pera, I know you are not thrilled with me, but...did you not start with any shine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

She said she used one last night.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Claims coal hopper night 1 and based on the message sent to Bif went to post night 2, so she must have had shine.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

She did, I found it in her post history. Her emphasizing she had to get and use shine seemed odd cause that soft implies she never started with any

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidthulhu posted:

She did, I found it in her post history. Her emphasizing she had to get and use shine seemed odd cause that soft implies she never started with any

Yeah I would assume a shine role would come with some shine. I know I thought the number I started with was low but we also have some cars that replenish so it makes sense.

I have trouble deciphering some of her posting so it's hard for me to interpret her implications a lot of the time, but she said she's not coming back at this point so it's sort of moot.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

How is there no vig in this game, someone shoot pera

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Max posted:

Yeah I would assume a shine role would come with some shine. I know I thought the number I started with was low but we also have some cars that replenish so it makes sense.

I have trouble deciphering some of her posting so it's hard for me to interpret her implications a lot of the time, but she said she's not coming back at this point so it's sort of moot.

As far as the Shine goes, in shine 3 I started with 0 I believe. But I was also sorta Jack of all trades which is a pretty powerful role

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mayor Glowku posted:

As far as the Shine goes, in shine 3 I started with 0 I believe. But I was also sorta Jack of all trades which is a pretty powerful role

That game also had a few shine distributors. With two built in cars (rip speakeasy) at the beginning I would doubt someone being able to distribute shine this game.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
A quick update before I actually start posting

Traims!

Coal Hopper

Barbershop
11. Hal Incandenza - No Effect

Smoking Lounge
1. Bifauxnen - Advantage

Dining Car
3. Quidthulhu - No Effect
6. TMMadman - 1 Shine
8. The Lord of Hats - No Effect
12. Asiina - Unclaimed
13. Jeabus Mahogany - 2 Shine

RIP Speakeasy

Railway Post
2. gif Probst - No Effect (Message to Hats)
4. Max - Message to Hats
5. Captain Foo - No Effect
7. peramene - Message to Bifauxnen
9. Mithross - No Effect (says he claimed earlier, don't have time right now to confirm, will correct on future traim if necessary)
10. Birdstrike - No Effect (same as Mithross)
13. Mayor Glowku - Disadvantage

Unclaimed

Eight Dollars
IllegallySober/Lumpen/merk
Sandwolf
Somberbrero

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I think people are taking pera's posts about her claim way too pedantically. When she said she had to get and use shine, I didn't think that implied she had none to start with, just that she had to keep getting it to continue using it in general. I figured she used up her shine on D1 and (assuming her claim is true) nobody targeted her to test it cause she'd misrepresented how her role worked at that point.

But again, no reason to keep on talking about this in so much excruciating detail, I think as long as she's still here everyone's going to go nuts wondering if she is still scum after all, just trying to keep at the self-sacrificing strategy cause it worked before.

After her though can we please move on to Lumpenmerk or Asiina

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Also yeah, sorry Pera but you need to go.

##vote peramene

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I mean personally if that was the point I was trying to prove I would say "man I only started with one shine and I used it and from now on have to get more," but I'm not pera.

I have other reasons for voting her beyond this and she's clearly checked out at this point so you're right, it's not worth discussing really.

Merk thinking she is 3p from that is v. weird, tho.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

UH, stop, slow the roll.

##unvote

She's already at -1.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Eight Dollars posted:

Then you did use your power N1? If that's true, then we def know which car TNL was in, which helps!

Huh did I totally miss this I don't get how we can deduce this at all from the fact that Glowku is a busdriver

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Lord of Hats posted:

Also yeah, sorry Pera but you need to go.

##vote peramene

Ok, Hats, I think you're scum. We have unclaimed people for your own drat role which you just reminded us of and you haven't reported results. You bringing pera to -1 knowing that fact is really really susp.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidthulhu posted:

UH, stop, slow the roll.

##unvote

She's already at -1.

So? It's double lights out again.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like we can hammer her and continue discussion since we get another lunch today.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm caught up again. I'm sorry I'm being so low content. I have been busy and this thread grows almost exponentially. I'm gonna stop bringing it up, just know I'm almost never lurking. I get caught up about the game and then get excited I can post again but then I step away for 6 hours and come back to 200 posts to read.

Anyways, enough of that, I went to the Coal Hopper again last night, and I voted for LLO again. I maintain this was the right move for some member of the town to do, why the gently caress did so many people go to the post car? I don't understand, but whatever, I'll be over here tryna double the basic power of the town.

I feel less good about Bif today, though I am not taking my eye off of her. I feel pretty good about Max due to his constant pursuit of tpink, I've not ruled out a bus, but I find it unlikely.

Quid's maybe jailing the entire post car felt nervy. Would that not explain failed actions from people in other cars who targeted people in the car he blocked? I thought Quid had been fairly townie, but that comment made me feel weird. I doubt a scum as an empowerer that they'd fire at town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I like the vote on TMM too, I think his tunnelvision on pera yesterday was absolutely an attempt to save tpink in a similar fashion to how D1 ended. Sow dischord, keep us from reaching a consensus.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Ok, Hats, I think you're scum. We have unclaimed people for your own drat role which you just reminded us of and you haven't reported results. You bringing pera to -1 knowing that fact is really really susp.

Meh even I don't find that scummy cause we still got another lunch ahead and it's not like we haven't talked the pera case to death.

What I do find suss is: I still have no sense at all of how Hats views the overall gamestate beyond his traims, which are infinitely more pointless with MT dead. Who's he must suss on and who's he defending? Who would he like to lunch besides the obvious pera?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

I feel less good about Bif today

I feel pretty good about Max due to his constant pursuit of tpink

I think you might need to pay just a little more attention to the content of my posts.

quote:

Quid's maybe jailing the entire post car felt nervy.

I don't get this

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I will not vote peramene, not for the current reasons presented. If others want to, then fine? But I'll only like it if she flips scum, and I do not currently think that's likely.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Meh even I don't find that scummy cause we still got another lunch ahead and it's not like we haven't talked the pera case to death.

What I do find suss is: I still have no sense at all of how Hats views the overall gamestate beyond his traims, which are infinitely more pointless with MT dead. Who's he must suss on and who's he defending? Who would he like to lunch besides the obvious pera?

I'm working towards getting this out, I swear. I have a spreadsheet going and everything! It's just that I'm also at my actual work right now, and that takes some priority.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I will not vote peramene, not for the current reasons presented. If others want to, then fine? But I'll only like it if she flips scum, and I do not currently think that's likely.

who do you think is scum?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Lord of Hats posted:

I'm working towards getting this out, I swear. I have a spreadsheet going and everything! It's just that I'm also at my actual work right now, and that takes some priority.

screenshot u spreadsheet and post it, won't take much time at all :)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Quid's maybe jailing the entire post car felt nervy.

To be the opposite of Bif, I actually felt this way as well.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Captain Foo posted:

who do you think is scum?

read more

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

WAIT

WHAT IF TARGETING GLOWKU WITH MY JAIL JAILED EVERYONE IN THE MESSAGE CAR???

I assume Sandwolf is thinking of this post but I didn't get it then either

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bifauxnen posted:

I assume Sandwolf is thinking of this post but I didn't get it then either

i think it's just quid tinfoiling

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quidthulhu posted:

WAIT

WHAT IF TARGETING GLOWKU WITH MY JAIL JAILED EVERYONE IN THE MESSAGE CAR???

This post, Bif. It stuck with me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Captain Foo posted:

i think it's just quid tinfoiling

Yeah but it was irrational tinfoiling. Unless he has something in his pm about that being a possibility it's a weird thing to assume.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Max posted:

So? It's double lights out again.

Oh. I forgot.

##vote pera nvm.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Max posted:

Yeah but it was irrational tinfoiling. Unless he has something in his pm about that being a possibility it's a weird thing to assume.

maybe quid thinks glowku is like...an amp or something? idk

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf pointing out that as a conspiracy theory that makes me scum and not any of the other tinfoil stuff I did is bad, would vote.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:redhammer:

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 3 :beerpal:

peramene (10): TMMadman, Quidthulhu, Bifauxnen, Mithross, peramene, Captain Foo, Asiina, Max, merk, The Lord of Hats
Sandwolf (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, gif Probst
TMMadman (1): Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, peramene, Bifauxnen, peramene
Somberbrero (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike
Bifauxnen (0): Quidthulhu, Captain Foo, Quidthulhu, Asiina, Captain Foo, Asiina
merk (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, Birdstrike
Eight Dollars (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike

Not Voting (7): Eight Dollars, Hal Incandenza, Jeabus Mahogany, Mayor Glowku, Sandwolf, Somberbrero :rubshands:

With 18 people still alive, it takes 10 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is August 17th, 2017 at 7 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

~~~

Thunderheads swept across the horizon as the Sunset Limited continued winding its way across the vast expanse of Texas - ever westward. Mirroring the weather, it didn't take long at all for the brewing storm within the train cars to reach its peak. After a quick stop at a nondescript station, a bit of grim business, and a word with the stationmaster, the train steamed onward... with one less passenger.

:rip: peramene has been lynched and may no longer post. :rip:

:cheers: As there is still over a day left on deadline, deadline will not be extended so that the game can keep moving at a good pace. If you have concerns with this, please PM me.
:cheers:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Nah we still have a day.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 3 :beerpal:

Not Voting (17): Asiina, Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, Captain Foo, Eight Dollars, gif Probst, Hal Incandenza, Jeabus Mahogany, Max, Mayor Glowku, merk, Mithross, Quidthulhu, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, The Lord of Hats, TMMadman :rubshands:

With 17 people still alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is August 17th, 2017 at 7 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 4 hours.

The Sunset Limited is speeding along the tracks as the world whirls by. Today's lynch method is Limited Lights Out!

Limited Lights Out Rules: When a lynch takes place, the person lynched will no longer be able to post. The deadline will be extended by 24 hours, votes will be reset, and the thread will be able to lynch a second time. A second lynch will end the day, and a majority vote of No Lynch will also end the day early. All flips will be posted at the end of the day!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gonna ##vote TMM for the moment.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm actually ##unvote I'd rather wait to see how pera flips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i guess votefinder didn't pick up quid's unvote?

• Locked thread