Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eight Dollars posted:

Do you think this is the same thing Jeabus was talking about N3?

If we believe Jeabus is town/telling the truth about the block (and the train car claim is all good) then someone here is lying about their night action N3 and their role I think.

yeah. i asked pod if my role was stolen, he told me he couldnt tell me if it was or wasnt, i just didnt have shine doctor anymore.

i cannot vote today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

gif Probst posted:

yeah. i asked pod if my role was stolen, he told me he couldnt tell me if it was or wasnt, i just didnt have shine doctor anymore.

i cannot vote today.

ooh that's some interesting speculation

Eight Dollars posted:

Do you think this is the same thing Jeabus was talking about N3?

If we believe Jeabus is town/telling the truth about the block (and the train car claim is all good) then someone here is lying about their night action N3 and their role I think.

can you explain this for me though, cause once again I've been spacing on the night action mafia

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also theres nothing to stop scum from, yknow, lying about which train car they were really in.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

ooh that's some interesting speculation

can you explain this for me though, cause once again I've been spacing on the night action mafia

me and jeabus both had our roles taken away for a night. we dont know if they were turned off or stolen or what. i tried to drink shine for fun without a role to see what would happen but podima told me dont do that.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gif Probst posted:

me and jeabus both had our roles taken away for a night. we dont know if they were turned off or stolen or what. i tried to drink shine for fun without a role to see what would happen but podima told me dont do that.

nobody has died of poison since burgundy. there was a janitor kil that same night. before i was thinking okay theres a scum joat but this makes it unlikely. we still dont have resolution for how both mac and murmur dies the same night.

i think we have a serial killer to deal with still.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
As far as I can tell the only people who haven't roleclaimed to any degree are Bif and 8bux

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

gif Probst posted:

nobody has died of poison since burgundy. there was a janitor kil that same night. before i was thinking okay theres a scum joat but this makes it unlikely. we still dont have resolution for how both mac and murmur dies the same night.

i think we have a serial killer to deal with still.

hmmmmmmmm, we haven't had any more extra nightkills since then either though. Just keep going down the list, I guess.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

As far as I can tell the only people who haven't roleclaimed to any degree are Bif and 8bux

I am curious what 8bux was trying to do to TMM, yeah. I would rather stay mysterious about my role for now just in case that can freak the scum out at all. If the game doesn't end today and I don't end up dead tomorrow, I'll see if I can put your mind at ease about it then.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Can you confirm I jailed you?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I suppose we could look at the scum flavour and try to figure out what they did

The Ninth Layer - Vanilla {Cunning Redirector}
This sounds like some kind of bus ability, but he got lynched before anyone noticed anything unusual with their night actions.

tpink - Vanilla {Explosive Saboteur}
Pretty obvious what this one did (rip Speakeasy).

IlleLumpmerk - Vanilla {Wily Illusionist}
Hard to say. Lumpen was around Night 2 even if replacing out, and that was the night Little Mac was "vanished". Vanished.. like... an illusional... vanish? It's a bit of a stretch though.

TMMadman - Vanilla {Bittersweet Matchmaker}
Pretty obvious what this one did (rip Max). The problem lies in the fact that Foo got lynchbombed, which looks to be the result of some kind of buff from someone else.

Somberbrero - Vanilla {Beguiling Attractor}
Well he said it was a lightningrod, which fits those words I guess. I'm taking it with a grain of salt though, coulda been lying.

Captain Foo - Covetous Survivor
"Covetous", desire of something else. Flavour definitely indicated that this could be a thief-type role. He might be the culprit behind what happened to gif and I. That or just a shinethief.

The key things that stick out are:
-who buffed TMMadman
-why did multiple people die Night 2 and only Night 2
-what was with all the failed actions that one time

If anyone has any better ideas feel free

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Can you confirm I jailed you?

unfortunately I can't since I didn't do anything last night.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whatever foo did, he didn't seem to have any shine on him when he died

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

unfortunately I can't since I didn't do anything last night.

Yeah honestly I picked you partially because I didn't want to block anyone important since guessing the kill is very random.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

uggggh will I have to start doing a spreadsheet after all, things were going so well when I mostly ignored the night actions for once

one thing that comes to mind though - I don't recall people mentioning the dining car "loud" disadvantage ever since MT got it back on N1. I wonder about that a bit. I thought there would have been more interesting data to report from that. Maybe people just haven't had much to do though and are getting that disadvantage cause they're already all out of Shine when they hit the dining car looking for more.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

uggggh will I have to start doing a spreadsheet after all, things were going so well when I mostly ignored the night actions for once

one thing that comes to mind though - I don't recall people mentioning the dining car "loud" disadvantage ever since MT got it back on N1. I wonder about that a bit. I thought there would have been more interesting data to report from that. Maybe people just haven't had much to do though and are getting that disadvantage cause they're already all out of Shine when they hit the dining car looking for more.

I mean if I got that disadvantage it wouldn't even be noticed since I was only visiting dead people

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Bifauxnen posted:

Sure, this is what I'm thinking. On N3 we have three actions denoted as scummy:

1. Quid kill
2. TMM Masonry
3. Power absorption on Jeabus

If we've got one more scum left, or a 3P wandering about, then they're responsible from #1 or #3, depending on whichever Somber did (his role description could fit #3, like he beguiles someone into losing their role).

This kinda goes out the window if there's two scum left or both a scum and a 3P, but at least with it we can figure out some stuff based on N3 deals.

gif Probst posted:

This too is really important I think. N2 everyone's says they were blocked except for:
1. Hats checking the post car
2. Jeabus going to two cars
3. Quid jailed Glowku (the post car)

And the scummy stuff:
1. Someone took Gif's power
2. MMT's death
3. Lil Mac's janitored death

Let's say Somber was what he claimed, that would make sense why everyone failed, but it wouldn't make the rest make sense. Since there would be three actions that somehow got around the lightning rod AND the jailing.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hmmm. Yeah it's a lot of stuff. I'm trying to finally start a belated spreadsheet now but I feel like it's not gonna really matter much when we can just keep lunching whoever looks scummiest.

One easy answer though, could be if scum's normal NK can be done in addition to their special Shine powers.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I think there is relevance to the fact that the role actions that failed n2 were ones that targeted players but the successful ones were ones that targeted cars

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

gif Probst posted:

I think there is relevance to the fact that the role actions that failed n2 were ones that targeted players but the successful ones were ones that targeted cars

Quid's sounded like it wasn't SUPPOSED to target a whole car, but if that was a legit lightning rod effect, his jail would've ended up hitting Somber, who was then immune to whatever other player-targeting stuff went his way.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Bifauxnen posted:

Hmmm. Yeah it's a lot of stuff. I'm trying to finally start a belated spreadsheet now but I feel like it's not gonna really matter much when we can just keep lunching whoever looks scummiest.

One easy answer though, could be if scum's normal NK can be done in addition to their special Shine powers.

Yeah that's true. The only thing I can think is that'd be immensely powerful for a scum team that wasn't totally rolled like this one was.

Bifauxnen posted:

Quid's sounded like it wasn't SUPPOSED to target a whole car, but if that was a legit lightning rod effect, his jail would've ended up hitting Somber, who was then immune to whatever other player-targeting stuff went his way.

Yeah and we'd still have the problem of scum actions not being sucked into the lightning rod while everything else was. Unless somehow scum didn't get redirected.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eight Dollars posted:

Yeah that's true. The only thing I can think is that'd be immensely powerful for a scum team that wasn't totally rolled like this one was.

i am amazing. I am a monument to what mafia players should aspire to emulate. Im not a hero. Look how humble i am. Man i wish i could clone myself so i could say "hey good job jif", only to reply "the job aint good til its done, son." man you guys are lucky to have gotten me this game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

gif Probst posted:

i am amazing. I am a monument to what mafia players should aspire to emulate. Im not a hero. Look how humble i am. Man i wish i could clone myself so i could say "hey good job jif", only to reply "the job aint good til its done, son." man you guys are lucky to have gotten me this game.

dude I can come up with my own drat posts don't try and write em for me

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

dude I can come up with my own drat posts don't try and write em for me

if this game was a nicktoon mmt would be dora and youd be backpack because even beyond the grave shes still carrying your rear end

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm off to bed. Goodnight

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote hal

if we believe Hats there's basically hal/mithross/bif/8bux/gif we can vote right

people like mith ross and gif

let's vote Hal then bif

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Birdstrike posted:

##vote hal

if we believe Hats there's basically hal/mithross/bif/8bux/gif we can vote right

people like mith ross and gif

let's vote Hal then bif

While it does merit some downgrading of suspicion, the only person I'd consider fully cleared is the one who got the advantage, because scum still could've lied and said they were there. So that'd be either Glowku or Asiina, I think?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Lord of Hats posted:

While it does merit some downgrading of suspicion, the only person I'd consider fully cleared is the one who got the advantage, because scum still could've lied and said they were there.

this is why I hate traims

Can we hurry up and finish voting Hal just in case he is the last scum so I don't have to spreadsheet these night actions after all

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Sure thing.

##vote Hal

We're mafia opposites, Bif. You hate night actions, I love them. You're good at mafia, I'm complete trash. :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Sure thing.

##vote Hal

We're mafia opposites, Bif. You hate night actions, I love them. You're good at mafia, I'm complete trash. :v:

actually that's the funny thing, I normally love night actions! I just couldn't be bothered this time cause the day mafia's been so drat busy, while the night actions seem like way too much effort for little reward. Who knows who's got shine when, etc.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

this is why I hate traims

Can we hurry up and finish voting Hal just in case he is the last scum so I don't have to spreadsheet these night actions after all

yes hurry up so we can vote Hal and then you :v:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the time of reckoning is at hand

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

yes hurry up so we can vote Hal and then you :v:

well I do still got this extra grave left over that I dug at the start of this journey, but I was hoping to put the last scum in it

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
if it's lights out and we dunk the remaining scum first the day should continue imo

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
then we can dunk Podima, the real scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

then we can dunk Podima, the real scum

if we dunk Hal first and he is the last scum, wouldn't we be winning with Podima? :)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

if we dunk Hal first and he is the last scum, wouldn't we be winning with Podima? :)

NO

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm awake

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Man you guys are lame but whatevs, put me out of my misery

i could have given you guys shine, but nooooo

It would be cool if there were at least something to defend myself against but apparently it is a crime to only have been correct on 3 of the 5 flipped scum

Ask yourself why I would go after Somber over Sandwolf yesterday as scum

Thanks

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Man you guys are lame but whatevs, put me out of my misery

i could have given you guys shine, but nooooo

It would be cool if there were at least something to defend myself against but apparently it is a crime to only have been correct on 3 of the 5 flipped scum

Ask yourself why I would go after Somber over Sandwolf yesterday as scum

Thanks

Yep mmhmmmmm this is a good post ##vote hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Zzzzzzzz ##vote Hal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 5 :beerpal:

Hal Incandenza (6): Bifauxnen, Asiina, Birdstrike, The Lord of Hats, Mayor Glowku, Hal Incandenza
Eight Dollars (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Birdstrike, Birdstrike
gif Probst (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike

Not Voting (4): Eight Dollars, gif Probst, Jeabus Mahogany, Mithross :rubshands:

With 10 people still alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is August 23rd, 2017 at 7 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 22 minutes.

The Sunset Limited is speeding along the tracks as the world whirls by. Today's lynch method is Limited Lights Out!

Limited Lights Out Rules: When a lynch takes place, the person lynched will no longer be able to post. If there are less than 24 hours left in the day, the deadline will be extended by 24 hours, votes will be reset, and the thread will be able to lynch a second time. A second lynch will end the day, and a majority vote of No Lynch will also end the day early. All flips will be posted at the end of the day!

• Locked thread