Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mi llamo es Sveva Evered.

I can ##safeguard to protect a player from lethal injuries.i cant target them two nights in a row. may i note that not only have i exclusively voted scum when we had a lynch i always pushed toward it and somber aside i was early on those lynches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Podima posted:

Correction and apologies for the miss:

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 2 :beerpal:

The Ninth Layer (12): Bifauxnen, peramene, Murmur Twin, Sandwolf, Birdstrike, The Lord of Hats, TMMadman, Asiina, tpink, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Little Mac, Max, Lumpen
peramene (3): Birdstrike, Mithross, Sandwolf, gif Probst, Captain Foo, King Burgundy, gif Probst, Little Mac, Asiina, Sandwolf, Birdstrike, Asiina, Little Mac
Mayor Glowku (1): The Ninth Layer
Murmur Twin (1): Bifauxnen, tpink, peramene, peramene, Bifauxnen, gif Probst, tpink
Birdstrike (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Lumpen (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
Bifauxnen (0): Asiina, Asiina, Lumpen, Lumpen

Not Voting (6): Eight Dollars, Hal Incandenza, Jeabus Mahogany, Mayor Glowku, Quidthulhu, Somberbrero :rubshands:

With 23 people still alive, it takes 12 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is August 13th, 2017 at 7 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day.

The Sunset Limited is speeding along the tracks as the world whirls by. Today's lynch method is Limited Lights Out!

Limited Lights Out Rules: When a lynch takes place, the person lynched will no longer be able to post. The deadline will be extended by 24 hours, votes will be reset, and the thread will be able to lynch a second time. A second lynch will end the day, and a majority vote of No Lynch will also end the day early. All flips will be posted at the end of the day!

:v:

gif was also the 8th vote on tpink, 3rd on TMM, and 6th on Somber.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pera led the vote over tpink when i switched

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

How bout everyone just list who they most want to lunch today, and what 2 people they'd want to try tomorrow if that still didn't wrap things up. Should be able to get some better sense of where to go then. It is getting a bit tricky now though, isn't it?

In a game of 23, I can't see more than 6 scum. 6 would be a nice 1/4 ratio, plus we got a survivor. Maybe some other 3P too, for all we know? But 7 scum would be about 30% of the game, which sounds too high for one team. So if Hal flips scum, we got an SK or something weird left to hunt. And if Hal doesn't flip scum, we prolly just have 1 left and they shouldn't have any more teammates who they could've been colluding with since Somber died.

So that means, if Hats was the last scum, he shouldn't have anyone left to try and help except himself. Declaring his list to have no scum today doesn't match up well with that. He could always be counting on that to try and appear townie... but it's painting himself into a corner, I think. Even if we ignore the rest of his barber shop list today, figuring any of them could be lying scum who weren't really there, Glowku at least can prove himself. So that means Hats is clearing a player when he could have iied and said there was 1 scum in there somewhere in that list.

The same applies if Hats was an SK or something, since he's claimed his role detects anything other than Vengeance. He'd still be painting himself into a corner.

So I don't think it could be Hats, or Glowku.

As for the rest of the people on his list today: Asiina, Birb, and Jeabus, any one of them could be a scum or SK just lying about being there. Now that I think about it... with only one scum left, that scum should be almost guaranteed to lie about wherever they were, just because.

If Hats looked in the car they were in, and they lied about being somewhere else... Hats will believe the scum to be in a list full of innocents.
If Hats looked in the car they lied about... Hats will appear to clear the last scum.
Worst case would be if Hats looked in a totally different car, where the scum hadn't been and hadn't claimed to be either. That would lead to a list of seemingly cleared town. At least one would be cleared for sure if they can actually prove they were there, like Glowku did.

This makes Jeabus' case interesting... but I lean towards believing his claims the way he was trying to fake out the scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Probst, I was hoping for a bit more flavor about your history. Why do you want your vengeance? What made a Guardian Spirit like you the vengeful lynchmob member you are today?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im a woman scorned. there was a man who wanted me but i said no. Over and over again. He used his influence to draw pity from them but i still said no. One day he was in my house waitin for me, and i couldnt say no anymore. he used me up and tossed me aside like dog poo poo. for this i hate him. memories of my grandpappy rockin me to sleep as a child by the fireplace, swearing he will protect me and my loved ones is why i command a guardian spirit

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
That's a rough back story.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hm I guess that works

Right now my first choice of who's left would be 8bux. He's the one that I think is most likely to be a well-hidden scum.

If that's not it, I'd look at Birb next. He's made some good townie moves but it's always in a mess of jokes and hard to tell what's serious. If Hal flips scum that makes me even more convinced of Birb as a good choice: his play would make more sense as an SK or other 3P.

If that's still not it, it'd leave Mithross, Probst, Asiina and Jeabus. I'd look at Probst first out of these 4 just from lingering paranoia, but I'd definitely reassess based on the next day's data first.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

8bux, hats, bif, birb actually basically all of you

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
8bux has dropped three votes this entire game, once each on Hats, Sandwolf, and TMM.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok, now that you don't need to focus on your immediate defense, who else would you like to lunch today 8bux? And if that doesn't end the game, who should we lunch tomorrow?

Right now I think Probst mainly. He was a big pusher of sticking to the coal car and going pera like TMM instead of getting rid of tpink, and I could see him lying about having his power being taken away because of how N2 played out. That would mean a whole lot of people somehow weren't affected by the jailing that got the rest of us.

Bifauxnen posted:

If that's not it, I'd look at Birb next. He's made some good townie moves but it's always in a mess of jokes and hard to tell what's serious. If Hal flips scum that makes me even more convinced of Birb as a good choice: his play would make more sense as an SK or other 3P.

Hasn't Birb's role been proven since he claimed he made you and MMT a mason pals? That'd mean scum would have 2 mason roles or he was a 3P who could both mason and kill.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
8bux would be my choice today, but my vote would put him at -2 so I'm going to wait since we seem to actually need time to decide where we are going.

Depending on flips after 8bux I'd want to look at some combination of Jeabus and birb (and maybe asiina)

Also we shouldn't have to worry about a 3p keeping us from victory. Read the vengeance win con

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Mithross posted:

8bux has dropped three votes this entire game, once each on Hats, Sandwolf, and TMM.

Yup that's true. I'm really conservative when it comes to dropping votes and everybody kept on doing rolling rushes during the middle of the day when I wasn't here or hammering before I had the chance :(

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

Also we shouldn't have to worry about a 3p keeping us from victory. Read the vengeance win con

Ah right, that's good to remember. I was starting to get worried with all of 8bux's night action chat, especially about N2.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

8bux is on crack or something, i voted tpink when pera was the vote leader and was always fine with voting tpink. i initially wanted to stay focused on the four because we had no flips yet and i wanted to have the data available.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Eight Dollars posted:

Yup that's true. I'm really conservative when it comes to dropping votes and everybody kept on doing rolling rushes during the middle of the day when I wasn't here or hammering before I had the chance :(

yea, I went back and counted and I've only done 6 or 7 votes, depending on if you count my anon double yesterday.

3 is still pretty low though.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

yea, I'm fairly conservative as well I went back and counted and I've only done 6 or 7 votes, depending on if you count my anon double yesterday.

3 is still pretty low though.

mafia edit

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

8bux would be my choice today, but my vote would put him at -2 so I'm going to wait since we seem to actually need time to decide where we are going.

Yeah, I'm just holding off too in case others want to check in and talk through things before we end the day. And maybe they'll have some big new convincing revelation to vote someone else instead of 8bux, but unless that happens that's where I'm gonna vote.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I guess my remaining possible votes are 8Bux, Mithross, and Asiina, but I can't say I have particularly strong feelings on any of those. We have a sixth scum, so my previous logicpost no longer applies for Asiina. 8Bux's role sounds the most potentially fake out of what we've heard, and Mithross has a voting record that isn't particularly impressive, but that's all I've got, really.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
imagen if coal hoper more than 1 scum

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Birdstrike posted:

imagen if coal hoper more than 1 scum

im imagenin

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
bif what u busy at night with?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

I guess my remaining possible votes are 8Bux, Mithross, and Asiina, but I can't say I have particularly strong feelings on any of those. We have a sixth scum, so my previous logicpost no longer applies for Asiina. 8Bux's role sounds the most potentially fake out of what we've heard, and Mithross has a voting record that isn't particularly impressive, but that's all I've got, really.

mith's role is straight up "rolecop"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

bif what u busy at night with?

I was tempted to claim today to just get it outta the way, but it can wait.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

no it can't it's an emergency we gotta stop this train

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

im not protecting you if you wont claim.

because i have no shine left.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

gif Probst posted:

im not protecting you if you wont claim.

because i have no shine left.

even if you did, tonight I would hope you wouldn't

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
watch Bif coast home on people thinking no more scum in the Coal Hopper 4

not today

##vote bif

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

watch Bif coast home on people thinking no more scum in the Coal Hopper 4

not today

##vote bif

even if you do believe I would bus that fuckin hard, do you think I'd have the patience to wait out the rest of these gamedays as the last one left? lol

let's just see if 8bux does it, if not you can knock yourself out tomorrow, I already achieved my in-character vengeance on the one I hated most I guess

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
nice deflect

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

nice deflect

just sayin so you can remember it later. You have been sooooo weird this game Birb

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Bifauxnen posted:

just sayin so you can remember it later. You have been sooooo weird this game Birb

:tinfoil:Third party jesteeeerrrrr

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

tpink was a liability to your team ofc you would dunk him for cred

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

:tinfoil:Third party jesteeeerrrrr

that's seriously the best guess imo

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Bif's gonna take out the cleared people and leave mith and 8bux alive and confuse em both

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Don't let her pull a Gehn

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Don't let her pull a Gehn

did you read the Temple game? I like to think that was my closest thing to a Gehn moment :dance:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
glowku do me a solid get on this

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I think it's just Asiina who hasn't checked in for a while, last thing she said was being up for 8bux though

##vote 8bux

The new deadline is at 3AM my time so don't wait up for me, I am not guaranteed to be up then, only likely to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

Bif's gonna take out the cleared people and leave mith and 8bux alive and confuse em both

If bif were to somehow manage to turn today's vote down to just me, 8bux, and her, as a super bussy scum that's been driving a large portion of this game, that would really be an amazing feat.

##vote 8bux

There, now if she manages it from -1 on 8bux it'll be even more impressive

• Locked thread