Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Still want to play in this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Choo choo!

##vote Hal

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Is there any particular reason people are seriously speculating about the n0 flavor death?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

Real talk, Jeabus opened with

I thought it was odd because I couldn't initially tell if I'm town. I'm definitely anti-scum but I couldn't confirm if I am part of the town "faction."

So I asked about the n0 flip which purports to show the demise of one of my enemies, but Jeabus didn't express an opinion on whether it was good and so I think they're ducking me.

For what it's worth I had no trouble at all figuring out I was town even with the strange alignment name, so I'm not crazy about this case.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Also, I think this is right:

##vote MMT

She hasn't poked me yet at all and that is usually one of the first things she does when I'm in a game. Combined with what I feel is labored reasoning to vote Asiina, I think this is a good vote.

Bad meta argument.

##vote TMM

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmmm I will say that I DID have trouble knowing that at first, but it's something that may differ between role PMs and also might depend on how closely you had been reading Pods flavor posts.

I think the win condition makes it pretty clear, although come to think of it I don't know how experienced Jeabus is and I wouldn't expect a new player to pick up on that.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

I think a more townie reaction in this situation would have been thoughtful concern over reading people as town too easily for simply knowing flavor. Not this angry "lol so you guys think you're all confirmed town now?! Well NO MORE TOWNIE FEELS FOR YOU NOW, I'M GONNA TAKE MY BALL AND GO HOME"

##vote Little Mac

This vote is really far away from how I interpreted Little Mac, I'm not a fan.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Little Mac

If I made three sarcastic posts in a row about something I genuinely was annoyed at, as Little Mac has said, my response to being called out about that with a "the lady doth protest too much" would immediately be "yeah I've already told you I'm annoyed as hell by this hence my rapid fire posting about it," not "lol you think I'm mad??? Not at all" followed by random insults and THEN a statement of "yeah I'm annoyed because x so sue me"

Yet another post about the appropriate level of mad/annoyed Little Mac should be. What does this have to do with alignment?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

Because most people who don't have something to hide are more likely to be bluntly honest about the tone of their play if they are actually annoyed and not faking it.

But really to me the more damning thing is that Mac comes off as incredibly annoyed but when people say that's scummy he denies being annoyed until he uses that fact to his advantage to prove a point. That's scummy.

It's not hard for me to imagine how Little Mac may have become annoyed over the progression of several pages of being called annoyed.

But again I don't see what "being annoyed" has to do with alignment in the first place, or why Little Mac is scummy for not declaring his Annoyed Level at 4 out of 10.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

me either, instead I found it hard to imagine why he got so annoyed (or was it "flippant"?) just from my "too late" post. Here I'll recap it for you

None of this speaks to alignment at all. Any town player could have reacted this way.

Bifauxnen posted:

hey speaking of Ratben game, how good do you think you are at reading tone, Ninth? You ever figure out if I was still quaking in fear while I was trying to get modkilled on purpose?

Still holding that grudge? Sad!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

Nope!

Best guess right now is the Little Mac just did a dumbass anti-town thing.

There's like a 2% chance scum didn't start with a town fakeclaim.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

tpink posted:

Where's this coming from?

Scum almost always get the town win condition. Last time I played in a Pod game I was scum and got a full fake claim. The odds of scum not having known from the beginning town were "vengeance aligned" is pretty low and I think it's dumb to hold revealing that against Little Mac.

Also it makes no sense to think Little Mac is scummy for revealing something that scum didn't know about.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I like the case work Murmur Twin has done against Quid and in general haven't liked the reasoning behind Quid's opinions, would vote him.

Negative gut impression on Mayor Glowku who has mostly posted to defend himself and is currently voting Jeabus without ever providing a reason for why.

For now I'm keeping my vote on TMMadman for voting Murmur for an incredibly dodgy meta reason and then basically disappearing.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Who's gif probst?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That's a whole lotta posts to wake up to

I found myself agreeing with most of what Murmur Twin had to say about Lord of Hats and disagreeing with Bif and Bird suggesting she's running interference for him. I do think Lord of Hats is scummy for focusing on a flavor flip that would be fairly easy for scum to talk about but I don't get the impression there was some huge agenda behind that discussion or that Hats was trying to mislead/distract with that conversation. Likewise I don't see Murmur Twin as stepping in to shield Hats, it's not like he's some overwhelming suspicion target.

That whole conversation made me a lot more suspicious of Birdstrike whose opinions have jumped all over the place, I really don't like that his vote ended up settling on a lurker too.

I'm also suspicious of Bif for advancing cases that I think have little to do with actual alignment but I felt the same last game we played and she was town, in any event I don't want to vote her out day 1.

I wasn't crazy about TMM throwing shade back at me for voting him but I liked the rest of what he came back with. Still think his Murmur Twin vote was bad but perhaps he really was just feeling for reactions.

##unvote ##vote Quidnose I think he's scum. Votes on Little Mac and Murmur Twin both boil down to "I don't like how you reacted and think you should have reacted differently as town." These votes don't reflect alignment at all, they're subjective to the point they can't really be defended against either. My impression of him otherwise is a lot of me-tooing other people's cases or arguments, and not always good ones either.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I figured out that gif probst may be John Cena? Anyway something pinged me about him yesterday but I can't remember what.

I also think Glowku is putting on a show of how much he's not playing which is something I find pretty scummy.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

BULL loving poo poo.

What the hell am I supposed to be doing with a g-d Mafia game other than analyzing people's posts and seeing if they logically make sense from a town perspective? That's the entire game!

I don't think that's what you're doing. I think you are harping on people for not having perfect composure in their replies, the points you've made are completely subjective and have almost no bearing on alignment.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

FURTHERMORE:

This is a "me too" observation.

This is basically a me-too of what Somber just discussed

This is fully a me too with no alignment call at the end.

This is fully a me too with no alignment call at the end.

Quid immediately rushes to discredit my opinions after I voted him. Classy.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

That is ridiculous. I have said multiple times I was suspicious of Mac because he acknowledged his clear annoyance only when it was convenient to bolster his argument, when it weakened his position he pretended it wasn't happening.

That isn't about having a single reaction I didn't like, that's about trying to form a positive narrative for yourself. There's a huge difference.

Being annoyed in a Mafia game has nothing to do with alignment though. So who cares how up front Mac was about how annoyed he was? What does that have to do with alignment at all?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Lumpen posted:

I read Lord of Hats post but nothing else you've mentioned and this post seems disingenuous in the italicized part, I don't think you really think that. *ping*

I'm phone posting so I have to be a bit economical with language, I think the italicized portion of that quote would be a better argument than the one actually advanced on Hats.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

Are you reading what I am saying?

Little Mac did the following:

-INSISTED he wasn't annoyed
-Turned around and said "of course I was annoyed" when it helped his argument

That's a contradiction. It doesn't matter what it was, it shows he's flip flopping to attempt to make the narrative show him in a better light.

He could have easily have done the following

-INSISTED that tomatoes aren't fruit
-Turned around and said "of course tomatoes are a fruit" when it helped his argument

Yes, feeling tomatoes are or aren't fruits doesn't mean you are scum, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

This is an exceptionally bad analogy. Emotional states are a far cry from fruit classifications. Also unlike tomatoes, emotional states tend to fluctuate.

I've already addressed this too. When asked "u mad bro" most people aren't going to respond with "yeah I'm really mad!" even outside of the context of playing a game in which players have to lie.

You're rolling with an assumption here that I don't think is true at all.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Asiina posted:

Quid here feels like town Quid, although I don't really agree with his cases I can understand them.

I also agree that TNL's case is bad. A bad case doesn't necessarily mean scum, but I don't like how he tried to discredit Quid defending himself from a bad case.

??? I pointed out how he took the rest of my post unrelated to him and tried to discredit that too.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

Uhhhh whenever I'm clearly posting in a rapid fire "I'm pissed manner" if someone goes "man you're upset" I'm gonna go "YEAH I'm loving UPSET" because I'm in the middle of being upset

You're not everyone.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

But even if you disagree you just completely blew up your own argument by stating that you think I'm just making an incorrect assumption. You didn't just say you think I'm pushing a false narrative assumption to my advantage.

I'm phone posting on a bouncing bus forgive me for not taking the time to call you scum in every post.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

oh come ON dude.

Come on what?

There's no other reply to a post like that beyond once again debating just where Little Mac fell on the scale of placid---------upset when that exchange started. It's a waste of time.

I don't think Mac was frothing mad when Bif voted him and even if he was I don't think only a scum Mac would down play it. The whole narrative about how upset he was is BS in the first place.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

If you agree this is a difference of how we react and I've read it wrong based on a personal assumption, am I scum?

If you've read it wrong then by definition you wouldn't be scum.

But my impression is that you were capitalizing on Little Mac's reaction to an already bad suspicion point, and extending the original bad suspicion in the process.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

How did I do this? The argument you have posited is predicated around me willfully misrepresenting what Mac was doing, which you have admitted like three times now was actually me making an assumption about human behavior that is not definite for everyone.

You saw a player reacting under pressure and found a reason to hop aboard the bandwagon. Not complicated.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

Except by your own admission I came to my case because of a misunderstanding of human nature?

Are you not seeing that your contradicting your own case on me several times here is also "not complicated?"

Uhh what?

I'm saying that you are justifying votes with arguments that don't have anything to do with alignment.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

I am not trying to throw shade on you, I am continuing to point out that you are nitpicking and asking questions that don't jive with...anything that's important? I would have thought you would have dismissed this whole thing as "ok so clearly we misunderstood each other" but the fact that you're continuing to push this narrative of my faking content here when I've clearly laid out for you my thought process three times....I think it's you who's faking content, MMT.

##vote MMT

Here's another example of what I'm talking about. Quid makes an assumption about what a town Murmur Twin would do (drop suspicion against him, apparently), and because Murmur Twin isn't doing it she must be scum. Another misunderstanding of human nature? I think it is just plain a scummy vote.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Honestly seeing Quid admit his Little Mac case was built entirely on LM saying "playing VT sucks" makes me less suspicious of him. I don't think scum would have spent so much time defending that vote only to back away from it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Can someone explain why everyone is so set on pera? What am I missing.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Asiina posted:

Video game is gonna start in about 5 minutes. Anyone have any questions for me about this here mafia game?

Liquid vs VP who you got

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Don't see myself voting for Bif today. I'm not really feeling Hats either but I'll look over him and probst.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think that pera case as spelled out by Mithross is pretty good and something I might go for.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

The stuff I said about bif applies even more to Probst. He jumps on the "rolefishing" thing to throw shade on me but later claims to have a town read on me. More to the point -

If you read over Probst's posts this game, he hasn't changed his vote since he made this post at the start of the game.

I noticed that too when I looked at him.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

After reading things over gonna go with ##vote gif Probst I still can't remember exactly what about him pinged me earlier but looking him over I'm not a fan of him parking his vote on Hats so early and then never moving it or reexamining it at all.

I'll be around to move my vote if needed.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I like him for scum more than pera, also thought the candidates were closer in votes than they are.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oh jesus it's 12 to lynch.

##unvote ##vote pera

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sandwolf is in this game??? Been real quiet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##unvote ##vote gif Probst

• Locked thread