Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sure, I will play or inevitability replace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

It is not Jebus' first game and so therefore gloves are off.

This is a good post.

##vote Jebus

pssssh what

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
dumb

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

Lately if I am playing I am scum, and if I'm lurking my rear end off I am town, but I just lurked two games in a row as scum and town so I would focus on my play because my meta is not very helpful.

i'm not gonna vote you for this because you're quid, but yikes.

Murmur Twin posted:

Is like to formally object to the distinct lack of Jimson in this game. :argh:

can i issue like, a formal letter of approval?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Little Mac posted:

This is almost like a Lumpen list... in that it was a waste of time for you to make and for everyone to read.

this is a strange response to an obvious joke.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

He doesn't know the alignments.

#scumslip #gotcha

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Why yikes?

Explain your reasons, friends.

it's super self-conscious.

i don't want to vote quid off the bat because quid gets dogpiled a lot despite having good instincts.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

For the first few hours of D1? Yeah, I'm good with it.

it's really dumb.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

gif Probst posted:

good morning friends

##vote peramene

here is your scum

see you day two!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Is there any particular reason people are seriously speculating about the n0 flavor death?

To avoid contributing real content?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mithross posted:

I don't like glowku, he hasn't really played the game at all yet. Somber basically hasn't engaged either. We're far enough past the end of jokephase to have content to discuss. There isn't a ton, but it's enough to get started.

this game has been open for 32 hours and i was hosting out of town guests up until today. usually i can sneak in some mafia time at work but i'm training someone this week.

if there's enough content to do some serious work, why are you doing a lurker callout?

catching up now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

I am also considering voting 8bux for asking so many, many questions.

Normally I like linking to specific posts but I don't want to break windows so go nuts kids.

can you cite one or two specific posts there that bother you?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't like him sucking up to me, but I like that he independently voted Hats for decent reasons.

I might have been reading his posts agreeing with me too generously though, from thinking he had twigged on to my flavor angle. But for now I'm not seeing him as scummy as you are. His participating at all makes me see him as more likely town too.

i know this was a forced read but i don't like how noncommittal it is.

i don't like THIS action but i do like THIS action

this COULD be scummy but maybe it ISN'T.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hello i'm still playing this game and it's hard.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry I got sick, trying to catch up on 540 posts now

are you speaking directly at me for some reason, or is this to the thread at large?

when did all the bif votes fall off? :(

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

pera respond to a post that has nothing to do with you.

i mean can you blame her?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

was bif your top read the last time around? you made a single post saying you didn't like the way her(?) post sounded, and that was it

yeah i think i can make a good bif case, i was their scumbuddy very recently and they're twigging me hard.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

something else I'm thinking about

Captain Foo
Why Vote?
L O T S of fun but low-content posts.

Why Not Vote?
I played one game where he was scum, very content heavy and not that fun. It was like a personality switch.

Right now I'm leaning
code:
not

in going back to read bif, i have a lot more problems with birdstrike. i can't figure out what the point of this post is as town. if you think someone is scum, you make a case to get votes on them so that you can vote out the scum and win the mafia game. i don't understand the point of making a case and then undercutting it. there's no point in doing this as town.

Birdstrike posted:

folks I have an idea

MMT are just going to keep doing this until they get a room, but all the sleeping cars on this train are full, so

let's make a room for them

THUNDERDOME Quid vs MMT who is with me?

what does this accomplish?

Birdstrike posted:

OKAY OKAY I got to here and there is SO much more crap I haven't bothered quoting (or probably reading), this gist is that Quid is way more focused on defending himself than being useful.

It's not necessarily scummy behaviour but it's not pro-town.

so quid is probably not scum. why was this case made then?

Birdstrike posted:

MMT then gets some other opinions on people who aren't Quid, some of which I agree with, some of which I don't (ie I wouldn't vote tpink)

just shut up about quid, yeah

whyyyyyy? why start this thunderdome suggestion on two people that you can't even make a convincing case for?

to summarize the argument, it seems like bird is trying to blend by generating pointless content. i'm still reading back through.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

hey Birb, MT's going to sleep so I'll ask you instead - are you a cop?

If you don't answer my straightforward question I'm gonna find it very suss

bif was this a joke?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
also also ##vote birdstrike

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

MT asked me if I had a killing role. I didn't answer this and called it suss because it was rolefishing. She directly asked me, about my role. Thus rolefishing.

I then proceeded to joke with my bud Birb who I believe to be an expert on jokes, asking him about his role, except an even more sensitive one that is classicly best to not ask about, and followed it up with an immediate threat that if he did not answer my question about him being a cop that I would find his reluctance very scummy indeed!

tbh i don't really know what to make of this post or the responses you got from this thought exercise. mmt comes off worse in the following exchange, but not 'scum worse,' just 'bad worse.'

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Lumpen posted:

Bah gawd that's LUMPEN'S music!

Hi friends I have read nothing yet please tell me what is relevant so far in the form of bullet-pointed links. Each player please give me up to 3 post-links that they consider the most damning and scumtellery or relevant to the gamestate, that nobody else linked to. I will read these first and then as I have time catch up on the whole game with the unique perspective tinged by those posts to guide my Scumdar.

bird suggests thunderdome.

mac's response to a big lumpy list

this hats post started a bunch of poo poo

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Jesus Christ we're already at 31 pages

we'd have a lot more reasonable level of discussion if you hadn't throw up a million inconsequential reads.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

to be honest i'm a little confused by the fact that gif is playing at all. in the couple games i ran he was pretty lurky. i think his reasoning has a logical progression.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

You pulled these all up pretty quickly, are you done with your reread or have you been silently following along the whole time?

i don't think you can really 'reread' an active game that's already thirty pages frankly. i've jumped around a lot, haven't really been following since looking at 400 unread posts made me feel anxious and gross.

out of curiosity did you actually click through those links?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

MMT you are harping on something that has absolutely no merit to my case whatsoever. I've already said that I haven't really reviewed all the N0 setup spec stuff and have been looking more at what people are saying about it / each other because I think that's more useful. You are picking some Hats quotes that are before the delineation I posted of my suspicion, which again, timeline wise goes like this

-[everything about N0 that I guess Hats was involved in and which I haven't read at all]
-People start earnestly casing people based on the N0 speculation
-Hats makes a statement about the current cases which I saw as being very hedgey
-I call Hats out on this
-Hats and other people make more statements
-I ask Hats if he is new scum to gauge his reaction
-Other people say Hats is not new, Hats says he is more often awkward as town than scum
-Other poo poo has also happened at this point so I have at this point cooled on Hats because I actually buy what he's saying and there's also new, more engaging discussion. I say as much.

So no, the posts I've already said multiple times I haven't read and which didn't influence my decision...didn't influence my decision? Like maybe we're just not on the same semantic page here but I cannot think of any reason you keep saying it's suspicious I am not talking about an interaction point that I didn't consider at all when looking at the poo poo that was happening more live in front of me. Yeah maybe I should go back and read it but I've cooled on Hats and already said why, why am I going to go back on D1 and look for a smoking gun on someone I'm not feeling is guilty now?

Quidthulhu posted:

I am not trying to throw shade on you, I am continuing to point out that you are nitpicking and asking questions that don't jive with...anything that's important? I would have thought you would have dismissed this whole thing as "ok so clearly we misunderstood each other" but the fact that you're continuing to push this narrative of my faking content here when I've clearly laid out for you my thought process three times....I think it's you who's faking content, MMT.

##vote MMT

quid is doing what quid always do. i don't think he's wrong and i think casing him off that is goofy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Ninth Layer posted:

I figured out that gif probst may be John Cena? Anyway something pinged me about him yesterday but I can't remember what.

I also think Glowku is putting on a show of how much he's not playing which is something I find pretty scummy.

that's kinda glowku's postus operandi.

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't think that's what you're doing. I think you are harping on people for not having perfect composure in their replies, the points you've made are completely subjective and have almost no bearing on alignment.

wrong! = scum?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Quid immediately rushes to discredit my opinions after I voted him. Classy.

have you been hit in the head

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Lumpen posted:

That is not what a Thunderdome is, man. You can only call a Thunderdome if you're going into the Thunderdome yourself, on someone who you are so sure is Scum that you put your life on the line.
You do not run Bartertown.

but who DO run bartertown 🤔🤔🤔

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Ninth Layer posted:

You're not everyone.

oh come ON dude.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

TMMadman posted:

Go gently caress Yourself Quid.

It has nothing to do with my name being mentioned and everything to do with me having some time to post since I'm not actively moving right now.

jeezy petes man, chill out.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

somberbrero can you clarify what about bif's posting twigged you as matching her exact scum play from your previous game

you got distracted by birdstrike

honestly now that i see bif has 200+ posts i'm not super invested in doing that. i don't think that's the phrasing i used either? i can put together something for posterity but i feel better about voting birb.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

a good use of your vote with under 3 hours to deadline

disingenuous considering that the vote leader is at 3.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
yeah actually i'd vote for pera. i'd like someone else to read birbstruck though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Captain Foo posted:

quotin' for three posts in a short time period that would vote for the same person but aren't actually voting

i am actually voting birb but i take the point. i'm not leaving work without adjusting my vote. have you read my birbpoints?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

Somber' refusal to look at near-vote leader gif is a pretty big blind spot, it's not like there's much to read

Somberbrero posted:

to be honest i'm a little confused by the fact that gif is playing at all. in the couple games i ran he was pretty lurky. i think his reasoning has a logical progression.

if there's a case on gif i don't get it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

what are you hiding Somber?

your birbday present

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

Of the three vote leaders gif was more likely to be scum given his less substantial efforts and hedging of his cases.

Like what did people think I was going to vote for Bif?

you have a LOT of hedging in your posts tho.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

I don't want to vote for peramene.

Also birb is the towniest person in this goddamn game.

Feel free to quote this when he ends up scum, idgaf.

i hate this post and also it's bullshit.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Also Somber's case on Birdstrike is real bad

not everyone can spend the entire day providing non-commentary.

Asiina posted:

This International has had some good individual games, but overall it's been disappointing.

Most of the teams left are Chinese teams and I'm a racist who wants white people to win the video game tournament.

also uh asiina this is a bad post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote pera

• Locked thread