Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Huh. Okay, sure, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Hello, I'm town

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwC1Ctrj6Xk

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

liar ##vote Jeabus

omgus ##vote Birdstrike

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Alright everybody here's my big reads effortpost:

Asiina - dunno, probably scum
Bifauxnen - dunno, probably scum
Birdstrike - dunno, probably scum
Captain Foo - dunno, probably scum
Eight Dollars - dunno, probably scum
gif Probst - dunno, probably scum
Hal Incandenza - dunno, probably scum
IllegallySober - dunno, probably scum
Jeabus Mahogany - dunno, probably scum
King Burgundy - dunno, probably scum
Little Mac - dunno, probably scum
Max - dunno, probably scum
Mayor Glowku - dunno, probably scum
Mithross - dunno, probably scum
Murmur Twin - dunno, probably scum
peramene - dunno, probably scum
Quidthulhu - dunno, probably scum
Sandwolf - dunno, probably scum
Somberbrero - dunno, probably scum
The Lord of Hats - dunno, probably scum
The Ninth Layer - dunno, probably scum
TMMadman - dunno, probably scum
tpink - dunno, probably scum

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Quidthulhu posted:

also that joke falls flat if you don't put yourself as town imho

I haven't had a shower yet

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

Jeabus what do you think about the n0 flip?

dunno, probably scum

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Lay enough breadcrumbs and eventually you'll make a sandwich

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

you're not celebrating the timely death of the Frenulum Frénière patriarch?

no-one else is, why single me out?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Right, I desperately need some sleep, so I'm off to bed. G'night all

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Hello, I'm awake

Birdstrike posted:

Real talk, Jeabus opened with

Something I have opened every mafia thread I've been in with, and will continue to open every mafia thread I'm in with?

wooooooow #goodreads #notreally

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Considering the other part of the read is also based on a meaningless jokepost, Birdstrike fished real hard for that and I'm super suspicious of anyone who said that it was a good read, Asiina especially

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

gif Probst posted:

you're avatar is terrible and is the reason you have three votes.

I ain't buying another one

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

##unvote

I don't think Birdstrike is scum right now.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Little Mac posted:

I honestly thought I was 3P until I PMed Podima just now.

:same:

Eight Dollars posted:

Why do you suspect Asiina the most of the bunch?

At the time I posted that, it was her posturing about whether or not I was a newbie before "gloves came off" that seemed like some attempt to get goodwill

Max didn't say too much, and Bif's comes off as more of a pressure thing on a reread. Bird's was a jokevote initially, and I don't know about Glowku

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Also I'm heading out for a few hours. Back in a bit!

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm back, eatin' pizza

Asiina posted:

I still think the LM case was dumb, Jebus and Bif looking bad.

Why are you associating me with the Little Mac case, I've said nothing about it

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Though now that it's come up I'll say I agree with MMT that the logic doesn't make that much sense and the Bif pounce is shady

ALTHOUGH there is a scenario where it could be true, but it would require Mac to be a scum daycop

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

mafia edit

*AND ALSO I think the Bif pounce is shady

thought I should make that clear

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Will give other opinions soon, lemme finish this pizza

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Just sayin', if scum didn't know flavour names and Mac a)was scum and b)had daycop he could cop someone non-scum for flavour and then post it in thread. It could technically happen.

(it's still dumb)

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Just noticed something

The Lord of Hats posted:

Is having the N0 flip be scum a thing that happens? I mean, I know I'm getting all setup-spec-y right out of the starting gates here, but having a Godfather as the first flip seems to imply another faction that has a kill, whether it's SK or another scum faction. Or a vigilante who's feeling especially murderous, I guess?

Bifauxnen posted:

huh? are you talking to Hats? If he means it might be better to not go spilling all the town flavor he could be right, though. I still think it's weird that he saw that "many times over" death and thought, hmmm maybe it implies an especially murderous vigilante.

Nice omission there, buddy

Related

Bifauxnen posted:

cause even known shitposter Birdstrike is already generating mad leads from it from nearly the start of D1, I am truly impressed

so Birb you're thinking Jeabus over Hats at least for now? I think you have a point

##vote Jeabus

Birdstrike posted:

okay

This post twigged me because it undersells my casing-while-shitposting abilities.
I also never considered Hats at all - saying I was thinking "jeabus over hats" mischaracterises what I said.

Like this too, I never made any case on Hats.

But what I'm feeling most is tone. Her posts about Little Mac sound arrogant, like she knows the setup and is lording over little Mac being wrong.

Bifauxnen posted:

you didn't make the case on Hats, I made the case on Hats but it was in the same flavor way as what you were trying to do with Jeabus. That's why I kept mentioning them together, wanting to see what people thought about it and who else was twigging on to what we were both on about.

Bird's case is before Bif's. Bif has outright admitted trying to associate their case with Bird's, and I feel it's an attempt to make their case seem more legit standing next to it, to the point of mischaracterization.

Bif seems super scum right now ##vote bif

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Max posted:

Do you mean rolecop?

I mean a kind of cop that would get flavour, whatever you call it

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Ugh I will try and explain this one more time

Scum ARE quite likely to have an example town PM if not full fakeclaims. I would expect as much from Pod the flavour-heavy effort mod. So that's not the issue.

But while they might have access to that flavour, Max made the excellent point that they would be getting that flavour AS a fakeclaim, and not share the same initial confusion as town.

So it's just about classic scumhunting: trying to gauge who is reacting genuinely versus who is forcing content. It's about analysing people's behaviour. What they try and do with it and who's trying to figure things out.

LMac is dumping on everyone for trying to case based on flavour, but he himself indulged in saying how he had that initial confusion and thought he might be 3P. But only after a bunch of other people did, and we'd just got done saying that it probably couldn't mean anything anymore, now that enough people had been going on about it. That could've just not meant anything and been the end of it.

But when I posted "too late buddy", writing off the possibility that LMac's claimed confusion meant anything, (which in fact was the attitude LMac claims we wants us to have!) He went off sounding angry imo, about how he didn't care it was too late, and how we shouldn't be considering people cleared. And then he got mad about being called mad.

You know how scum get mad when you correctly call then scum but for bad reasons? His reactions sounded like he was scum all mad about townies calling each other cleared town for bad reasons. I'll ask again, why was he assuming our "feeling better about you" posts meant we were writing each other of as totally cleared?

The first post with semblance of a case:

Bifauxnen posted:

it's not that knowing the flavor makes you confirmed town, LMac. It's how you observe people trying to use it, trying to suss things out. For example, you just dropping it in a big steaming pile here to make everything obvious for everyone now seems to be a scummy use of it.

Hmm. This has elements of both "info-dropping means scum" and "reaction means scum". Checkin back, yeah it could go either way.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Uh

I do bring up the scum faction thing later

Also my personal reaction to the ecco kill that made the vigilante thing stick out to me more

I wondered why Hats would think this death implied just one extra-murderous vig instead of many many angry vengeance-aligned townies.

I mean the post I quoted showed that he didn-

The Lord of Hats posted:

Because for as much as I talked about the n0 kill, and about flavor in general, I managed to skip over the flavor text for the actual kill because I was so taken aback by the kill being on Scum. Because of that, I thought the scenario was more "there's a bunch of people who all hate the Chauvin de la Frenieres on the train, who don't exactly have it in them to commit outright murder, but there's also someone out there whose grudge goes further, and a bloodbath ensues as the townies start feeling opportunistic" than "the townies all got together and merked a dude without an inciting event to get things rolling".

Also, question I'd like to ask, though I doubt I'm getting an answer: Are there any town out there with an alignment other than "Vengeance"?

Man hats why you gotta trip me up like this

brb bif checkin ur posts

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Found 'em

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm a bit concerned now about the idea of different "motivation" factions, which Hats has belatedly brought up to defend his thought process:

I re-read the OP and I DON'T see any flavor about different motivations behind what goes down on the train. I wonder if Hats might be giving away too much of his extra knowledge as he tries to explain away his thought process. Hats, can you quote what you're talking about here?

Going by your criteria...

Podima posted:

Through each bloody conflict, Shine spread further across the nation - as did the secrets of its brewing. And now, Shine is easy enough to get for anyone who wants it - young or old, rich or poor. But crafty brewers keep experimenting with Shine recipes, and new batches pop up every day with stranger and stranger effects.

As the Sunset Limited rolled away from New Orleans, its passengers settled themselves into seats or knocked back a celebratory drink at the bar. None aboard had any clue what sort of chaos was about to unfold on this simple train journey, sparked by hatred, jealousy, greed, regret, and above all... the seductive power of Shine.

I can see it. Actually hats made this exact point and you haven't responded

Bifauxnen posted:

I noticed that later and thought that might have been what you meant, but it does still seem like a stretch to me, especially since you mentioned other scum factions:

like my first reaction was "if vengeance is a whole alignment and everyone has their own separate reason to want to kill off this drat family, well no wonder Ecco's multi-dead"

:bahgawd:"THEY'RE not thinkin' like AH'M thinkin, an' AH DON LAHKE IT"

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

uh what benefit?

I insinuated that Bif attempted to associate their possibly manufactured arguments alongside your accusations so as to acquire required credibility

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Also I tried to read Quid's posts but my brain wouldn't let me

sorry Quid

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I've cooled on Bif for now and might go to bed soon so ##unvote

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

gif Probst posted:

gimme 2 hrs and i will elaborate on errything

Based on post times It's been 2 hours

spill Probst

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Thank you Probst

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Brain needs a recharge, I'm going to bed. I'll run down the list tomorrow, give opinions. G'night all

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm awake

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Just checked Hats' posts and yeah, they've barely had any reads

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think that Quid going "Hey guys, let me tell you my meta" is bad, but not something I want to leap to a lynch over.

I don't like Jeabus dodging the question about the N0 thing, and then when someone asks about that dodge he complains about being singled out. After that we get radio silence before he decides to announce "Alright, going to sleep now". Which, I mean, that last bit isn't inherently scummy, it just kind of stood out to me given what I'm already seeing.

I'm vaguely suspicious of Somberbrero, but I'm pretty sure that I'm *always* vaguely suspicious of Somberbrero, regardless of what he's doing, so I'm not giving that a lot of credence right now.

The Lord of Hats posted:

This is maybe a little out of nowhere, but I took a look at gif Probst, remembering this post, referring to me:

There aren't a lot of posts, and most of them are pretty empty so this isn't a ton to analyze, but the next substantive thing posted is:

And I think there's a couple of things to unpack from it:

1) He disagrees with the Little Mac vote, but doesn't elaborate on it at all.

2) Given his reasoning against me is pretty much based on 'fake content', dismissing "is pretty much just asking questions" out of hand seems really weird.

3) That King Burgundy comes completely out of left field, and never gets elaborated on (until literally just now as I was writing this post). It's like pulling a name out of a hat.

I don't think you've elaborated enough on a single case for 'consistent' reasoning.

There, that's it

rest is n0 spec and defending himself.

Get some reads out dude

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

While I'm at it, let ME get some reads out. Was gonna last night but the noticing something distracted me

(though in response to your point Bif

Bifauxnen posted:

Why do you say this immediately before quoting my response
it's because your response didn't really rebut anything)

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

RIGHT. SO:

Asiina: reads scum to me. I think I've said this before, but: Jumped on Bird's case with a show of concern about whether or not I was a newb in a way I feel was an attempt to garner goodwill:

Asiina posted:

It is not Jebus' first game and so therefore gloves are off.

This is a good post.

##vote Jebus

also sucks up to Bird a bit:

Asiina posted:

Yeah, no, I'm totally on board for the same reason.

Then their last post seems to have some weird attempt to associate me with the Little Mac case even though at that point I'd said nothing on it:

Asiina posted:

I've caught up, but honestly my eyes glazed over during a lot of that back and forth. It's The International every afternoon and evening between now and Saturday and that has all of my focus. I thought I'd read more in the morning but I just spent about 6 hours doing revisions on my ethics.

So what I'm saying is that I'm not really paying attention for the rest of the day. Maybe I'll read more tomorrow morning unless more bullshit comes my way.

I still think the LM case was dumb, Jebus and Bif looking bad.

MMT and 8bux give me bad feelings, but it's gut rather than anything else.

There are far too many people in this game to have opinions on all of them on D1 so that's all I got.

I asked her to explain at the time, but this is the last post she's made so far, which means she currently hasn't assuaged my suspicions.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

It might be time

for Night Action MafiaTM

We have to reach Night first

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Bifauxnen: I go back and forth. I've made case posts on them previously, so I won't post quotes again.

Things I didn't like:

-associating the Hats case with my case in what felt like an attempt to get cred
-for a while the Hats case didn't really have that much to it

Things I did like:

-there is still decent logic in her cases?

Like, a lot of the things that twig me about Bif are like, little discrepancies and mischaracterisation that might just be misunderstandings that can be cleared up.

So for now, I think she's... probably... town??? But with a big "HA! I KNEW IT!" Kept in reserve for if she flips scum.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Sorry if this takes a while, it's hard to put my thoughts into words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Birdstrike:

He was the first to case me, and the case was not good, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time we've been in a game together, so I can let what he based the case off of slide.

Other cases are on Eight Dollars and sorta Bif, with an attempt to get a thunderdome going on Quid & MMT.

honestly nothing sticks out about his posting, but on review some of it feels a bit shallow. Still leaning town for now.

I might have to come back to this after I look at 8bux, see whether or not I agree

• Locked thread