Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
I'm here! Keep me signed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Ah heck kashbaby had input on the game. Idk anymore...

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

good morning friends it's been. long. how we are. ##vote somber

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

tpink posted:

There was that one neat post about trains.

Quote this post I don't believe you

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

gif Probst posted:

not interacting, not shitposting, doing setup spec feels like breadcrumbing to me for late game "hey i tried to figure things out early this is town"

Just confirming, if I shitpost I'm not scummy correct? I don't have any other skills

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

MODS

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

gif Probst posted:

you are pure and innocent and nobody should ever lay harm to you

Printing this post out and putting it on my fridge, making a bumper sticker out of it, getting it tattooed etc.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT. ROLLING_START.TIFF

https://youtu.be/Zrtl41oZxOA

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

tpink posted:

Especially on D1. I definitely like Pod's encouragement not to shitpost excessively, but some of this is just the unavoidable nature of the game starting up.

My last game I think I claimed I wouldn't read anything on day 1 and got lynched because of it. There's never any real content on day 1, that is actually useful on day 1. Not on this dead gay forum anyway

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

tpink posted:

lol I think I was one of the people getting mad at you about that actually.

Pretty sure I was drunk. I had a couple week bender.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Hey probst how do you feel about the concept of "trying too hard"

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

peramene posted:

this is the best post. bif wins joke phase

##vote bif

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Asiina posted:

u jelly?

yes ;-;

Also Railway post hell yeah

Outside of my joke votes I don't really have a good feel on who is being weird. so ##unvote for now

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

What about Jeabus and Hats!!

If I had to pick, hats.

Birdstrike posted:

glowku if you go to railway post I will make you an orphan

Say that to my face not online etc

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mithross posted:

I don't like glowku, he hasn't really played the game at all yet. Somber basically hasn't engaged either. We're far enough past the end of jokephase to have content to discuss. There isn't a ton, but it's enough to get started.

Alright friend, my stance on day 1 is to either go full joke phase or to stop muddying the waters as soon as joke phase ends. I'll be glad to shitpost but right now I don't think that's of any value. Nor am I until tomorrow because literally everything is pure conjecture. Without night results I think it's just yelling back and forth forever.

Mithross posted:

Without that the strongest case on him is "Your AV is bad", which, while I have heard worse D1 cases, still isn't worth a vote.

I'll go with your comment, it's not the worst case so HERE WE GO

##vote Jeabus

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

Mith is starting to ping me

The fact that he quantified his reads as "slightly intoxicated" pinged me as slightly scummily self-consciousness.

This is true. Who gets "slightly intoxicated"

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

##vote glowku

shows up fairly promptly after being called out for not being around, says it's because he doesn't want to 'muddy the waters" which...isn't town-aligned reasoning? in addition he votes jeabus who i read as not-scum, and glowku votes for jeabus with what amounts to a jokevote while saying he's not going to jokevote

it's the worst of all worlds, if you're gonna be the kind of scrub that refuses to play d1...don't play d1. also don't sign up for mafia.

Shut up nerd lol. QQ joke phase never ends

Captain Foo posted:

tbh i find 'oh look what i did in THIS game' to be insanely aggravating

This I can agree with.

I don't really like peramene 's case on Mac, and am not convinced he's actually scum. I don't think that makes pera scum so I think the counter vote that harshly is a bit hasty.

Still voting for jeabus

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

Why is everyone casing me so poorly, this is frustrating!!

Scum found. Case closed

On a different note, I feel like it might be worth looking at people who have relatively stayed silent. A lot of this to me feels like town yelling at town and really REALLY nitpicking into posts. No one seems overtly scummy, just lots of defensive posts from people that seem to not want to die day one

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

I like the case work Murmur Twin has done against Quid and in general haven't liked the reasoning behind Quid's opinions, would vote him.

Negative gut impression on Mayor Glowku who has mostly posted to defend himself and is currently voting Jeabus without ever providing a reason for why.

For now I'm keeping my vote on TMMadman for voting Murmur for an incredibly dodgy meta reason and then basically disappearing.

I'm unsure of any self defense in this thread on my part outside of me saying I always hate day 1. If I did defend myself I apologize, I never meant to.

I did provide reason for voting jeabus. Literally "there have been worse day 1 cases" I thought it was funny and true so I said gently caress it!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

IllegallySober posted:

Hi everybody, sorry I've been away. I'm still back catching up on page 13 and moving forward but skipped to the current page because I figured it would have been noticed by now that I wasn't around and surprise, it has been. My bad, everybody. Have had a terrible two days at work.

Going to work backwards from here for a bit and will review the pages I've missed later. If anyone wants/needs me to respond to something specific, let me know and I will.

Inexcusable, lack of posting is basically equal to being scum. Lynch all lurkers

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

IllegallySober posted:

:(

I haven't looked yet to see even who the other lurkers are yet but I imagine I have to be at the bottom of the list.

You are working your way back!:glomp:

Bifauxnen posted:

Ugh I will try and explain this one more time

Scum ARE quite likely to have an example town PM if not full fakeclaims. I would expect as much from Pod the flavour-heavy effort mod. So that's not the issue.

But while they might have access to that flavour, Max made the excellent point that they would be getting that flavour AS a fakeclaim, and not share the same initial confusion as town.

So it's just about classic scumhunting: trying to gauge who is reacting genuinely versus who is forcing content. It's about analysing people's behaviour. What they try and do with it and who's trying to figure things out.

LMac is dumping on everyone for trying to case based on flavour, but he himself indulged in saying how he had that initial confusion and thought he might be 3P. But only after a bunch of other people did, and we'd just got done saying that it probably couldn't mean anything anymore, now that enough people had been going on about it. That could've just not meant anything and been the end of it.

But when I posted "too late buddy", writing off the possibility that LMac's claimed confusion meant anything, (which in fact was the attitude LMac claims we wants us to have!) He went off sounding angry imo, about how he didn't care it was too late, and how we shouldn't be considering people cleared. And then he got mad about being called mad.

You know how scum get mad when you correctly call then scum but for bad reasons? His reactions sounded like he was scum all mad about townies calling each other cleared town for bad reasons. I'll ask again, why was he assuming our "feeling better about you" posts meant we were writing each other of as totally cleared?

Is there a heckin tldr

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

The kind of cop that polices flavortown

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

funny how Bif and pera switched from reduced Max to Hats

but more scummy

Rly mks you think.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

also also if this is Quid "playing" mafia please go back to whatever the alternative is

How do you feel about my play so far birb

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Having a meltdown, pretty much. Gonna step back for a reread.

Meltdown man hats muahahahah

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I've never sat on a fence.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

So I'm 200 posts behind overnight... trying to catch up but getting ready for work etc. I read something about a thunderdome and my stance is always 100% for them. 200% if I'm in it

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Now the first thing that springs to mind looking at that is that D1 is always a mess. I feel like there's a lot of churn on the votes, but I also know a lot of the early votes were joke votes. I also know that I contributed to all those votes.

The next thing that I notice is that there are an awful lot of votes out there and that makes me think that scum are throwing a lot of targets out there and waiting to see which one gets picked up.

So I've done a relatively quick first pass of the thread from around page 13 up until now and these are my current feelings on the current vote leaders. But I'm going to go through the thread again at a slower pace after I finish this post to get a more firm grasp on some things.

Hats - I can see this now more than I could before, but this is also one thing I need to look at more because I'm probably more suspicious of the people pushing Hats.

TMM - Obviously a bad vote because I know I'm town. Of the two votes, I feel like TNL is more likely to be scum. I felt like his vote was a little weak and opportunistic with a thin veil of legitimate reason. I think Max's vote was just to get me to engage in the game and that's fair. I will say that something he said caught my eye and I was thinking about using the post car to try and send him a message tonight.

Jeabus - This is another one I'm going to have to look at closer because I just don't see it. I'm not sure what to think of Asiina as she has been excusing herself the same as I have, but it does seem like she isn't catching as much heat for it. However, I do not feel good about Glowku at all.

gif Probst - This is the vote that I am most interested in looking into because I feel like KB is being genuine with his casing and opinions, so it gives it extra weight in my mind as well.

8bux - I could honestly see either 8bux or Birb as scum. Both of them have felt somewhat opportunistic to me.

Little Mac - I wasn't seeing this vote at all, so I'm not really sure what IS is thinking.

Glowku - This is another person I am interested in and will be reading again. I'm pretty neutral on Foo right now.

Quid - Man, my eyes just glazed over on all the Quid/MMT stuff during my first pass, so I'm really going to have force myself to dig into it. My initial thoughts keep bouncing back and forth between 'There's something here" and "No this is all just dumb", so I'll be honest and say I'm not really looking forward to it.

tpink - no opinion at the moment because I'd like to firm up my opinion of MMT first.

So that's a first pass through and before anyone goes 'Well, that's a whole lot of nothing', I'll urge to hold that comment and wait for me to do a second pass through as well as take some isolated looks at people. You are all so impatient and it can get kind of irritating sometimes. I understand that the game needs people to talk and explain themselves, but sometimes life is busy and it can get kind of annoying when someone gets busy and then dinged for not participating. I know it's also a scum tactic, so it's perfectly legitimate to use it as a reason, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Super long effort post. On day one don't make me read this poo poo or ima vote for you. I hope the next 170 posts aren't this kind of :downswords: garbage

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

hi have you played mafia?

The reason I would mention you over say, Hal is that it's v uncommon for me to see you without reams of posts I probably skim over anyway.

Don't fret, my shitlist is long and my vote movable.

Doubling down on my last post

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Mithross posted:

Two, I have results showing that guy is town.

I admit I have the attention span of a 5 year old on day 1, but this is seemingly important. Just quotin'

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

I'm vadina-ing it up

Read this as vagina-ing it up. Was both confused and amused

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Hey little Mac, you are claiming vanilla in that post... are you also claiming no shine power? I don't want specifics just want to know if you are claiming full vanilla.

Also I made it to page 26, and have to go to work now unfortunately. Will catch up through the day as I can

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Oh forgot to mention that he hasn't posted in a while, not sure what that means

I hadn't posted in like 12hr! Or something!

Also just noticed forgot to clear my joke vote rip ##unvote

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

WTF did you just call me:confuoot:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Little Mac posted:

I am not revealing whether or not I have a shine power.

Alrighty then I'm going to assume it's yes and also that you are scum. Those two thoughts are unrelated they just happen to be in the same sentence

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Every post should be a shitpost. It's my right as a goon.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Mayor Glowku:

:thunk:

This is possibly worth considering, but I feel that would just kinda devolve into lurkervotes.

Other than that it's mostly d1 shitposting and a dig at Little Mac.

Right now I'd say not enough to go on.

Day 1 it is absolutely okay to vote lurkers. Lynch all lurkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

If I went with my gut I'd vote TMM for turbo effort posting (and I mostly phone post so multi paragraph posts are Hella annoying).

Or little Mac.

• Locked thread