Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Confirming my presign if I'm not too late already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Asiina posted:

Confirming I'm going to bed. Please don't turbo me in my sleep thanks.

(haha my plan to get turbo'd and get my jester win is all coming together!)

((or is it???))

This is pretty much me. Hello and goodnight, all. Will be back in the morning.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

The Lord of Hats posted:

Is having the N0 flip be scum a thing that happens? I mean, I know I'm getting all setup-spec-y right out of the starting gates here, but having a Godfather as the first flip seems to imply another faction that has a kill, whether it's SK or another scum faction. Or a vigilante who's feeling especially murderous, I guess?

I feel like I've seen it both ways, although much more often it's a townie dying N0. I don't remember a specific game to reference to check your theory out but I can try to go back through my votefinder history later and see if I'm remembering correctly.

It is real early for setup spec, though.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hi everybody, sorry I've been away. I'm still back catching up on page 13 and moving forward but skipped to the current page because I figured it would have been noticed by now that I wasn't around and surprise, it has been. My bad, everybody. Have had a terrible two days at work.

Going to work backwards from here for a bit and will review the pages I've missed later. If anyone wants/needs me to respond to something specific, let me know and I will.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

The Lord of Hats posted:

For real I don't understand how you people are able to make so many posts (all of which generally have *some* kind of content).I felt pretty active and checked the post counts and I still had less than 20 while there were a bunch above 50.

Nah, I can understand where tpink's coming from. Coming back to a bunch of posts that you need to read to participate can feel like a big obligation, and it's not hard to let that build up. It's like not getting homework done, sort of. At least, that's how it's worked for me in the past.

For the record, this is pretty much me the last 24-36 hours. I remember from reading a previous Shine game that things moved pretty quick early and so I was expecting that to an extent but not to this degree. I've had like three chances to check my phone since the beginning of D1 and it's gone pretty much like "120 posts? poo poo, gotta find an hour to look over those." Next time- "Another 100? gently caress!" Etc.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mayor Glowku posted:

Inexcusable, lack of posting is basically equal to being scum. Lynch all lurkers

:(

I haven't looked yet to see even who the other lurkers are yet but I imagine I have to be at the bottom of the list.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Max posted:

The only two game posts by IS, beyond their confirmation post. I joke voted him way early in the game because that first quote there seemed too self conscious. They hadn't really posted anything important before hand and it seemed unnecessary to just drop that status update and leave, especially when "be back in the morning" amounts to one other post.

Don't really want to waste this day on a lurker but if we did IS would get my vote.

Totally get the suspicion there, I guess- I certainly wasn't intending for that second post to be my only contribution for the next 36 or whatever hours after I made that. I must have missed your joke-vote even because I sorta have a reputation for responding to pretty much anything someone mentions me for. Obviously you're long past that initial vote by now, but anyway.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Murmur Twin posted:

re-posting these for reference

My case on you is that:

(a) I have been doing the thing where I bunch similar quotes into one box to make my posts readable for years now.
(b) You and I have probably played... what, 20? 30? games together in that span.
(c) You've never acted like it was suspicious in any of those games. (in fact, no one has)
(d) I don't understand what was weird about quoting your opinion and then expressing mine - as far as I know, that is also just me playing Mafia the way I normally do.
(e) You brought these up specifically in response to me casing you.

And so I'm trying to ask what specifically stood out at you that prompted you to be suspicious of my posting style this game, because to me the most likely reason is that you're scum who was trying to discredit my case (moreso than town who was legitimately weirded out by my posting)

I don't think I have all the backstory on this yet from missing several pages and I haven't played a ton with her, but I even recall that MMT will bunch quotes like this. If this is the entirety of the case against MMT, I don't understand at all.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mayor Glowku posted:

You are working your way back!:glomp:

Certainly trying, before I have to go back to work for another five hours :bang:

Bifauxnen posted:

But when I posted "too late buddy", writing off the possibility that LMac's claimed confusion meant anything, (which in fact was the attitude LMac claims we wants us to have!) He went off sounding angry imo, about how he didn't care it was too late, and how we shouldn't be considering people cleared. And then he got mad about being called mad.

You know how scum get mad when you correctly call then scum but for bad reasons? His reactions sounded like he was scum all mad about townies calling each other cleared town for bad reasons. I'll ask again, why was he assuming our "feeling better about you" posts meant we were writing each other of as totally cleared?

I don't think I have time to catch up on the whole thing in the four minutes I have remaining on lunch but this will be the first thing I go back and look at when I do. I like the reasoning behind this case, but need the context.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

But when I posted "too late buddy", writing off the possibility that LMac's claimed confusion meant anything, (which in fact was the attitude LMac claims we wants us to have!) He went off sounding angry imo, about how he didn't care it was too late, and how we shouldn't be considering people cleared. And then he got mad about being called mad.

You know how scum get mad when you correctly call then scum but for bad reasons? His reactions sounded like he was scum all mad about townies calling each other cleared town for bad reasons. I'll ask again, why was he assuming our "feeling better about you" posts meant we were writing each other of as totally cleared?

Not quite off work yet but I said this would be the first thing I looked at when I could. These are the posts I could find of LM's that seem relevant to what your point was here:

Little Mac posted:

Like lol if you think any of you are confirmed town or some bullshit. I'm not jumping on some dumb train. I will say, however, being "Vengeance-aligned" should have (TOWN) right next to it.

Little Mac posted:

I think the fact that you're believing each other to be cleared could very easily bite us in the rear end late in the game. You're reading anger when there is none. I just think your "strategy" is pretty loving dumb. I'm vanilla so killing me won't hurt the town much, though.

Little Mac posted:

It felt to me like you were confirming a small group of people publicly on something specious. It still does. It's dumb. I don't really care if you vote me though.

...and, y'know, I get what you're saying. He does sound irritated about being called out as irritated. This is D1. Nobody should or can be cleared about anything this early. Claims vanilla to little pressure. And then with the last post he writes it off with "you're wrong but vote me, whatever." I don't like the tone and don't like the conclusion.

This is good enough until I get home and catch up on the last 100 posts you guys made since I was here before.

##vote Little Mac

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Great game played by town. Thank you for hosting, Pod. It was a lot of fun.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

The Ninth Layer posted:

If we had destroyed the vote car the voting method would have been RNG every day. An okay benefit but we only had one night to mine a cart.

Yeah, this. I was already out by the decisions portion but mining the Shine car had to be priority #1 and we couldn't have destroyed two cars without tpink surviving until D4 at a minimum and well, that didn't happen.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Amazing, Hats. Really well done.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

"TMMadman - 08/08/2017
just fyi, we are probably going to have to off a few of the better and more talkative players early in this game
might depend on where their suspicions lay"

"TMMadman - 08/11/2017
I would also think KB or Quid for the main kill"

Oh TMM, you make me so mad when you are scum. Vendetta! You yourself recognize how bad a problem lurking is, but deliberately take out the high volume posters!

"IllegallySober - 08/09/2017
I do think we have to try to kill one of KB/MMT/Bif tonight. We don't have to go for them all, but I think one of them should be killed and it should probably be my janitor."

Vendetta!

"Eightbux - 08/10/2017
who should we kill?
I'm leaning KB"

Vendetta!

"theninthlayer - 08/10/2017
idk i think quid is a good night kill choice, or maybe king burgundy or someone kinda midlist like that"

Vendetta!

"Somberbrero - 08/11/2017
Okay, we can take out KB instead.
I feel bad taking out good players
but this is a shine game, so no holds barred"

Vendetta!

---

For the record this just makes me want to vote and kill lurkers even harder. :)

Hey now! That was early discussion, not final. And you should be flattered, not upset!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

I'm obviously flattered, but it sucks to be denied playing my favorite games because I'm too good at them. :) In addition, I've just always thought scum that don't try to better the game by removing lurkers or the like where possible are weak. (Admittedly, it is against their wincon, so I can't fault them too hard)

The funny thing is, I was wrong a lot more than usual this game and I think scum would have been better served if I'd been here to fight for my positions.

I get that but like you said, it's kinda against scum wincon to weed out useless/absent town.

Max posted:

Holy poo poo it turned out I was right about this.

Stopped clock, right twice a day, etc :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

There was an Earthbound game? Anybody got a link to that?

• Locked thread