Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Naerasa posted:

I'm gonna bet you actually do.

what if he's a scientologist who only associates with other scientologists? don't assume :rolleye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
OP lives in Omaha which is a place of no consequence

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Laughing at this thread as I take a drag off of my camel

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I p much immediately dismiss anyone who uses the phrase "flyover states" :airquote:

I call them "fly out of" states, cuz Ive only ever been to them to make connections on overseas flights.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Naerasa posted:

I'm gonna bet you actually do.

they don't talk about it, I guess

Percelus posted:

what if he's a scientologist who only associates with other scientologists? don't assume :rolleye:

ugh no, I'm not a scientologist

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
i love when californians talk about in-n-out like its some fast food burger staple

seriously its a fast food burger, it is not even worth talking about

naem
May 29, 2011

med school head posted:

i love when californians talk about in-n-out like its some fast food burger staple

seriously its a fast food burger, it is not even worth talking about

It's a quality burger made with fresh meat, I think they even squash the patty up by hand. It's what all burgers should be

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Former DILF posted:

sorry its already moved into Utah and they go crazy for that poo poo, why else do you think Mitt Romney gave Burger King to the mormon church?

edit: soon it'll reach southern idaho and then it will be picked up by the "food belt" that stretches from seattle to jacksonville, as soon as it hits it big in the food belt it'll go to NY and int'l

if you can get an authentic in-n-out in your state, then congrats to you. it's one of the only things I truly crave when I travel, even though I hardly get it when I'm home

I hear that idaho and colorado are full of people who hate Californians that move there

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

naem posted:

It's a quality burger made with fresh meat, I think they even squash the patty up by hand. It's what all burgers should be

People compare it with shake shack all the time. Sure, shake shack is good. But it's more expensive, and in-n-out tastes like home

also, the fries are great... whether or not you like them burnt or limp (as if you have a choice)

If you're a tourist, however, see if you can get an Umami Burger

but get in-n-out first

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
If you're eating IN-N-OUT instead of carne asada fries at the taco shop you are brain damaged.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

new phone who dis posted:

If you're eating IN-N-OUT instead of carne asada fries at the taco shop you are brain damaged.

WHAT KIND OF TACO SHOP HAS "CARNE ASADA FRIES"????

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

el dorito posted:

The loving fantastic kind. If you want your nopales or menudo go sit in a restaurant like a human and your tia will bring it to you.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
I'm literally eating a 3x3 animal style right now AMA

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

aqu posted:

did you also get the fries animal style?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

el dorito posted:

I hear that idaho and colorado are full of people who hate Californians that move there

Can confirm. Idaho's singular selling point to your typical HENRY Californian is its overwhelming majority white demographics and then they move into the mexican cities and complain about them anyway

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

aqu posted:

Pitdragon posted:

did you also get the fries animal style?

A top tier video about "animal style" and other hidden menu items

https://youtu.be/PEOca0Dcpvk

SuperSlacker
Mar 11, 2007

I too hate states that try to protect their citizens. California even had the gall to try and pass universal health care! not in murica

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

Californians continue to be the most depraved of all U.S. citizens.

They don't even know what good beef is

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oscar Wild posted:

California essentially has no culture of their own. The Mexican food is good but that's imported. All other food is better done elsewhere. There is also no history around the cities.

California is hotel art. Perfectly acceptable, inoffensive, forgettable, and not breaking any new ground.

Except for like the film industry and vibrant music scene but sure.

el dorito posted:

What kind doesn't?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

8-Bit Scholar posted:

They don't even know what good beef is
the gently caress are you on? california is the 4th biggest beef producer which are loving delicious, and with some of the top steakhouses in the country

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

COMRADES posted:

What kind doesn't?

Plenty don't, your proximity to San Diego helps but otherwise I've found anything open 24 hours is a safe bet.

Del Taco has it now as well, but it's not the same.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
California fries get all soggy. Animal fries from In-N-Out get soggy with thousand island dressing and onions cooked in burger grease.

Idea: mix california fries carne asada with a slightly more greasy meat and onions. I mean think about it

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Garcin posted:

California fries get all soggy. Animal fries from In-N-Out get soggy with thousand island dressing and onions cooked in burger grease.

Idea: mix california fries carne asada with a slightly more greasy meat and onions. I mean think about it

Pro tip, most places that do carne asada fries will also do it with carnitas, adobada, or chicken if you ask.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Duckbag posted:

Pro tip, most places that do carne asada fries will also do it with carnitas, adobada, or chicken if you ask.
holy crap a whole new world has opened to me.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Duckbag posted:

in California you have these incredible holes-in-the-wall that are held up by families who will do anything to keep them going. loving donuts and coffee, the coffee at one of those places is the absolute best. its sad that we are losing all of that to our corporate overlords but someday i'll get a loving amazing bearclaw and a cup of coffee that was just made and is so hot that it nearly melts the styrofoam of the 24 ounce cup they put it in and jesus i miss la.

other than the extreme taxes, the sense of entitlement, and .... uh never mind it's a treasure.

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really

naem posted:

Pity about the lovely fries.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

el dorito posted:

Carne asada fries are what elevates the street taco stand to the next level. It is the bridge between the division of borders, of cultures and of time. It is the hollowpoint of love piercing my heart and also small intestine.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
The fun part is seeing those signs in places like hospitals. The list is so long now that it is virtually impossible to avoid everything on it. I have a couple of acquaintances who will try, though. And remember, the place that posted the sign doesn't necessarily have to tell you what they have that causes cancer or other reproductive harm. You have to guess that part.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
im gonna miss cali when san andres fault cant take the pressure and breaks off into the ocean.

but most of all, ill miss the mexican food

not hollywood though, gently caress hollywood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

yo CA is cool and good

• Locked thread