Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Duckbag posted:

In my experience, it's the people fleeing red states who use it the most. Native Californians are more likely to be curious about the strange ways of the snow people than outright contemptuous. For all our "Cali pride," there's a lot of insecurity here about not living in "real America."

late to the chat but a lot of this is true.

we don't get why west virginia is different from virginia

we don't get why people bother driving in the snow if everyone dents everyone else 24/7

but please, we (well, most of us) love transplants. stay awhile, as long as you can afford it though. Good luck finding a job that pays the rent, though!

there's plenty of people who don't care about cars or money or status. it's expensive enough to live here, good luck affording something nice to drive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I grew up in California and I couldn't tell you where virginia, maryland, and conneticut were on a map until well after college and had to travel for business (because, wow, it was humid in the South!)

but everyone from k-12 knew drat well sure how to spell mississippi

(wow, it's a state? I thought it was just the name of a river!)

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

you can have the california pizza kitchen, by the way

californians eat the same national chain poo poo as well as our own non-franchise mom and pop shops and the slop you get at 7-11 (and costco)

cpk is for bougie tourists and people who get gift cards for cpk from well wishers out of state

no, you can't take in-n-out with you. that stays here.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

a hole-y ghost posted:

Or, depending on what part, dry and dry on fire.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Oscar Wild posted:

True or false: California parents have ignored and pumped their children so full of uppers and downers that all children in California are named Elvis.

I grew up in California and I know no one named Elvis

I don't know anyone who takes prescription antidepressants but we sure do have a lot of breweries around here, and alcohol is a legal downer, so...

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Naerasa posted:

I'm gonna bet you actually do.

they don't talk about it, I guess

Percelus posted:

what if he's a scientologist who only associates with other scientologists? don't assume :rolleye:

ugh no, I'm not a scientologist

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Former DILF posted:

sorry its already moved into Utah and they go crazy for that poo poo, why else do you think Mitt Romney gave Burger King to the mormon church?

edit: soon it'll reach southern idaho and then it will be picked up by the "food belt" that stretches from seattle to jacksonville, as soon as it hits it big in the food belt it'll go to NY and int'l

if you can get an authentic in-n-out in your state, then congrats to you. it's one of the only things I truly crave when I travel, even though I hardly get it when I'm home

I hear that idaho and colorado are full of people who hate Californians that move there

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

naem posted:

It's a quality burger made with fresh meat, I think they even squash the patty up by hand. It's what all burgers should be

People compare it with shake shack all the time. Sure, shake shack is good. But it's more expensive, and in-n-out tastes like home

also, the fries are great... whether or not you like them burnt or limp (as if you have a choice)

If you're a tourist, however, see if you can get an Umami Burger

but get in-n-out first

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

new phone who dis posted:

If you're eating IN-N-OUT instead of carne asada fries at the taco shop you are brain damaged.

WHAT KIND OF TACO SHOP HAS "CARNE ASADA FRIES"????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

aqu posted:

I'm literally eating a 3x3 animal style right now AMA

Pitdragon posted:

did you also get the fries animal style?

A top tier video about "animal style" and other hidden menu items

https://youtu.be/PEOca0Dcpvk

• Locked thread