Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
You know what? Literally all of my picks are taken. I wanted Mickelson most of all.

I am SITTING THIS ONE OUT!

Edit: Screw it, give me Furyk. LET'S GO BABY

Kameh fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
If this schedule sticks, then I think you could see courses being built in the vast lands of Texas for the explicit purpose of hosting a major. That's what Erin Hills did. I know the architect of Chambers Bay had intentions of making a major championship course as well.

There are probably some courses in Texas that could host a PGA Tour event, as we already have three courses in the regular season lineup, but I don't think any of them are Major Championship quality.

I would like to see The Judge course at Capitol Hill in Alabama host a US Open for the men. IIRC it is hosting or has hosted a Women's US Open and a men's US Amateur. It's a fantastic course.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

Rory won all his majors on wet courses.

Quail Hollow is wetter than a duck's rear end.

Rory gonna win.

If he drives it like this, the rest of the field is battling for 2nd place.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Raffles posted:

Got my bets locked in lads

I like that Finau pick! Hope he comes up big for you.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

In the interest of only excluding people who are obvious/unfair picks, maybe we could change the list to anyone who's ranked in the top 5 or won a major in the last year.

That at least would allow Sergio back in at next year's US Open :laugh:

:argh:

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
I almost jokingly picked Chris Stroud because we're from the same town and he won last week.

I'm regretting that now.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

mattfl posted:

What in the world was Day thinking with that shot from behind the tree? Basically took him completely out of the tournament. Don't see a pro taking a snowman that often!

I agree with what Kostis said: he wasn't thinking clearly at all due to fatigue. He SHOULD have punched out and secured at least a bogey, but he thought he could hit a hero shot on the 54th hole in a major. That was not the time to do it, and now he's out of the tournament.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Josh Lyman posted:

Chris Stroud was talking so much poo poo last night EAT IT -1 finish

Source please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Keyser_Soze posted:

do you think JT keeps the left toe spike out on purpose?

I wonder if it just twisted out or he keeps it out to save his ankle. He's up on his toes on the downswing, so maybe he takes it out to allow his front foot to pivot.

• Locked thread