Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Lorini posted:

Gawd that game was boring. Even without a Dodger game I couldn't stand to watch it past the first half. And yeah I stupidly picked the Bengals as well, they go to the bottom of the heap for pick'em from here until they actually win a few games.

I was actually fairly entertained for like...12 minutes of game time somewhere between midway through the second quarter and after the half? That's much more than I expected.

The last play was fun too, but I have a soft spot for the wacky lateral play even though it works like .01% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I was actually fairly entertained for like...12 minutes of game time somewhere between midway through the second quarter and after the half? That's much more than I expected.

The last play was fun too, but I have a soft spot for the wacky lateral play even though it works like .01% of the time.

Once.

In the NFL, it has worked once, and then...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yru_1al8EY

e. OK sorry, once in the 21st century, maybe it happened before then.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 16, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah they play green bay next week and I don't think that's gonna be the one where they turn things around. Maybe the Browns week 4.

Yet Rodgers has never beaten the Bengals.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
e: shoulda watched more than 2 seconds of the video before posting.

ulmont fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 17, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

That's... What he just posted

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a neat cape posted:

lmao

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

a neat cape posted:

Well, poo poo. I saw that the video cover was the Music City Miracle and bailed out too soon.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
:smuggo: My 500 parlay came through for 3,100! Good for the season now :)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
The goddamn Seahawks are about to ruin mine :argh:

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Why oh why did I include the Rams in my parlay :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I took the Rams in spread eliminator, ignoring the rule of "never bet for or against the Rams"

This is my penance

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Betting it all on the Bengals every week is going to be painful this year.

e: Also, barring a miracle, I'm out in both spread eliminators, but I am so bad at that.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

wasianchickn posted:

Why oh why did I include the Rams in my parlay :smith:

:(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My parlay won despite having the Seahawks in it :toot:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
My own parley strategy of "Only bet on games with a 7+ point spread" paid off handsomely :toot:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

:toot:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i loving took the under 55.5 on patriots-saints

56 loving points i can't believe it

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Turdsdown Tom posted:

so many people picked the bengals in pick'em haha

Guilty. Hell, I picked them twice. I won't for week 3 because, well, look who they play next.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Home game, short week, against a garbage team. How could we know Cinncy would overcome all of that and bag the L.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
Apparently the Eliminator doesn't work on my phone because I thought I picked the Raiders, but now I'm stuck putting my trust in the Lions... uuuugh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hm, can't just go with the Jets opponent next week because who knows what Cutty will do

Steelers seems like the safest bet, or Packers (only because I refuse to ever pick against the Texans)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
For various reasons including gross incompetence I currently have 2,000 funbucks on the Lions tonight.

I am fully prepared and expect to be disappointed.

Edit:

Intruder posted:

Hm, can't just go with the Jets opponent next week because who knows what Cutty will do

Steelers seems like the safest bet, or Packers (only because I refuse to ever pick against the Texans)

Steelers looks like the safest bet to me, especially considering the awful performance the Bears put up against the Bucs. Broncos, Cowboys, Chiefs, and the Packers also look like as close to sure bets as one could find.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 18, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't know about the Cowboys anymore, their defense is just unbelievably bad. The Patriots are probably the safest of safe but like I said I won't pick against the Texans

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Cardinals are completely shot though.

Without David Johnson they desperately tried to lose to the Colts.

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing

Bjay9 posted:

Apparently the Eliminator doesn't work on my phone because I thought I picked the Raiders, but now I'm stuck putting my trust in the Lions... uuuugh

Not sure if this is an actual bug report or ironic blame redirection for terrible decision making, but if it IS a real bug report, what's the issue on your phone?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Who has two thumbs and hosed up what would have been a successful 7-way parlay by choosing Spread instead of Moneyline?

This Guy!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Bengals and Texans are both superb reverse options in week 3. Even if you think the Bengals are due for a better outing, merely "better" would still mean almost certain defeat. Meanwhile, the Texans are not the Chiefs in terms of pulling off an upset at the Pats. Also, both games are about as tough as it gets for the teams.

Packers are probably a better pick on paper for regular eliminator, because there are a ton of easy games remaining for the Pats. However, I'm saving the Pack for week 9, which lacks mismatches, so Pats it is.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

elfurbe posted:

Not sure if this is an actual bug report or ironic blame redirection for terrible decision making, but if it IS a real bug report, what's the issue on your phone?

When I try to click on the team I want to select, it highlights, but doesn't select the team as my bet. If I try a quick double press it just deselects it

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing

Bjay9 posted:

When I try to click on the team I want to select, it highlights, but doesn't select the team as my bet. If I try a quick double press it just deselects it

What's your phone, what OS version are you on and what browser are you using?

Anyone else see this issue? I don't see it on my iPhone.

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing
Spreads etc were not updating, but now they're updating again, sorry funbucks gambling addicts.

Pinnacle decided to helpfully let me know that the Jacksonville game was in London by appending some stuff to the end of the team name which made my hideous html scraper very angry. How dare they, right? So rude.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

elfurbe posted:

Pinnacle decided to helpfully let me know that the Jacksonville game was in London by appending some stuff to the end of the team name which made my hideous html scraper very angry. How dare they, right? So rude.

This might actually be a good thing though? If I remember right Rura would have had to manually set London games to start at the earlier start time because wherever he was pulling data from didn't tell him when the game actually started or something like that?

Whatever the problem was the effect was that the site didn't lock the game down until the usual early game start time. So everyone could just wait to make their eliminator picks and bets and whatever until the london game was over or very close to over.

e: unless you guys have already fixed that on your own. Then yeah this is just a big pain in your rear end.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
London starts should be right, I think, but the problem is flex games— we only pull the schedule once and never automatically update it so that's just a thing I'll have to touch for the last 6 weeks or whatever flex is now

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is there like a raw data football schedule source or do you pull data from a site with css and just hope they format their info the same each week? Just curious

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Madcosby posted:

Is there like a raw data football schedule source or do you pull data from a site with css and just hope they format their info the same each week? Just curious

The script just scrapes NFL.com, once at the beginning of the season which is why flex games create the aforementioned problem

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Everyone is picking either Browns or Colts in Eliminator, amirite?? :allbuttons:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Lorini posted:

Everyone is picking either Browns or Colts in Eliminator, amirite?? :allbuttons:

I picked both. Browns to win, Colts to cover. I have a very specific gambling fetish.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Browns are favored on the road for what must be the first time since Bush was president.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm taking green bay in eliminator (bengals are not turning their disastrous start around vs. green bay) and texans in reverse (rookie qb not beating the pats).

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Bucs/Vikings says "No Spread Available"?

Leperflesh posted:

I'm taking green bay in eliminator (bengals are not turning their disastrous start around vs. green bay) and texans in reverse (rookie qb not beating the pats).

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Leperflesh posted:

:same: except I picked the Giants to lose because I am actually scared jinxing the pats because I am the worst. Might change my mind before the end of tonight though.

e: I forgot I already picked the Texans to lose week 1. :downs:

Magnetic North fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 21, 2017

• Locked thread