Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

my god i completely forgot about carter capps's delivery

loving bonkers. i've watched it hundreds of times in my life and i still don't understand it

and now it's even weirder, i think? he's dragging his back foot and still jumping off it...somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

like look at this loving thing

https://twitter.com/AllaireMatt/status/894738788190224384

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

baez best

https://twitter.com/darenw/status/894748073955540993

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Intruder posted:

*checks gameday*

cubs fans are doom and gloom over a single runner reaching with a 3 run lead?! Granted it's now a 2 run lead, but jesus

it's embarrassing, really

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

astros have hit rock bottom

but they'll be riding high in about a month

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

darvish batting rules

gives zero fucks

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

jaime garcia is not good

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the astros' fall from grace is really something. this inning is just brutal. poor morton

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

hasn't thrown a pitch faster than 86mph from what i'm seeing

yikes

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i mean, yea, it looks bad in the moment. but it's only been like 2.5 weeks of noticeably worse play. they'll be more than fine. it's just rough to watch in the moment. the cubs went through this last year, and despite the bad cubs posters here who thought the sky was falling, it didn't. a good team is a good team is a good team and those first three months speak volumes more than the last 2.5 weeks. this week is the bottom. it'll be fine.

don't get all bad cubs poster-like, astros fans! your team is insanely good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The entire pitching staff is gassed or hurt and we're still plagued with injuries. It's not a surprising fall from grace but it's aggravating as all get out. There's also no end in sight for the pitching issues which is worrying and probably a huge vulnerability that teams will exploit come October. The front office bet the farm on Keuchel and co coming back strong and ooooh boy has that backfired.

well, they trusted others to follow through. those others didn't and the astros got burned. that was unfortunate, but not a dealbreaker by any means.

and i don't think you're fo is wrong at all in regards to keuchel and mccullers. yes, they've struggled recently. let them take their time, put them on the dl, do whatever you have to. you have a spot in the playoffs, no question. deal with the next 7 weeks until then and have them come on strong. your offense, despite a mini-slump, will come on.

and i haven't even mentioned correa coming back. he should take his time too. get all of them going in mid-september and watch it all fall into place. you'll head in with momentum.

better slumping now than in october.

• Locked thread