Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

rovert posted:

Former Ring of Honor champion Adam Cole has signed with WWE for the NXT brand, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Real curious to see how he does. Not really a huge fan of his ring work but he'll get over and hopefully this means Britt Baker gets a deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Adam Cole is a really handsome man and I wish him the best in his handsome endeavours.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't know who Adam Cole is!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
In more positive news,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T3NM4_pKak

dromal phrenia posted:

if Ric Flair dies before reaching age 69, it will be the greatest tragedy of the modern era.

:agreed:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't know who Adam Cole is!

Michael's son.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I just hope that Flair is playing possum, and lowblows the cardiologist who goes to operate on him.

Truly elaborate heel work we could be witnessing, here.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

schweens posted:

Real curious to see how he does. Not really a huge fan of his ring work but he'll get over and hopefully this means Britt Baker gets a deal

Yes because if there is one thing that modern WWE is known for its for being supportive of wrestler relationships

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I mentioned I haven't followed wrestling for years and I'm mainly back for the women's division.

But I'm wondering something, are Raw audiences just generally dead nowadays or are they just silent for the women's matches I've seen? I know I shouldn't care but it's kinda depressing. When the babyface is struggling to make the tag, the crowd should be supporting them.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

So I mentioned I haven't followed wrestling for years and I'm mainly back for the women's division.

But I'm wondering something, are Raw audiences just generally dead nowadays or are they just silent for the women's matches I've seen? I know I shouldn't care but it's kinda depressing. When the babyface is struggling to make the tag, the crowd should be supporting them.

WWE is poo poo at writing babyfaces and the product as a whole has been a mess for the past few years.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Raw also has the problem of being 3 hours long, plus overrun, which is WAYYY too much for a weekly show (and even most PPVs don't go to 3+). Last Raw I watched, they were in Pittsburgh, crowd started reasonably hot but they were just dead by hour 3.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Wwe will give us a Ric Flair feel good moment in the form of Charlotte beating the piss out of Bayley and making her cry while in the figure four, then Miz will come out and put her in it again while the audience erupts in woos and she cries some more. A shot of the audience will reveal Arn Anderson giving a tearful standing ovation.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gonz posted:

I just hope that Flair is playing possum, and lowblows the cardiologist who goes to operate on him.

Truly elaborate heel work we could be witnessing, here.

Then he throws his hospital gown onto the floor and elbow drops it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

Both.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Scott Steiner has weighed in commenting that Ric has a 33 1/3rd per chance of making a 165% recovery cause Death knows it can't beat Ric and it's not even gonna try

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Get this -- you could say Ric Flair is "wrestling" with his own mortality

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Get this -- you could say Ric Flair is "wrestling" with his own mortality

Not Japan, not WCW, Big Dave gives it a 4.5*

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gonz posted:

Sid Eudy said to have shown up at Ric's hospital room to attack Arn Anderson with scissors.

Source: NewzUCanUze.uk.com

I didn't quite catch that, could you repeat it?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Do we really have to make Ric Flair possibly dying about Dave Meltzer?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That's the mentality.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

You're in an internet wrestling forum, everything ends up being about Meltzer eventually.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kill Adam Cole, HHH and NXT
Let Flair live

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

dickon flair: woo! ah, that's a SPICYMEATBALL!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Ric Flair is dead, and this is Bill Goldberg's beautiful widow typing this message. please do not ban this account, as he bequeathed it in his will to his beautiful daughter, who will now take on the mantle of Bill Goldberg. before my husband died, he told me his biggest regret was not buying everything on my daughter's amazon.com wishlist. in my husband's, and ric flair's memory, please buy everything on my daughter's amazon.com wishlist. pm her and she will send you links of things to buy for her, in this tragic time of mourning.

my husband Bill Goldberg would talk about the Rowdy Ringsports and all of his friends here all the time, he loved all of you, and I know you all loved him very much. you were the only friends he ever had, even i did not care for him very much. i only loved him for his money, and for the amazing sex. please be kind to my daughter as she begins her posting adventure here with all of you. thank you for loving Pupkin (my husband's real name).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Honestly whatvdvabenmeltzter said about Dean Amanda's do flux every telling. Also th where at r wee sees himself as a a superstars in the friend

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Bill Goldberg posted:

Ric Flair is dead, and this is Bill Goldberg's beautiful widow typing this message. please do not ban this account, as he bequeathed it in his will to his beautiful daughter, who will now take on the mantle of Bill Goldberg. before my husband died, he told me his biggest regret was not buying everything on my daughter's amazon.com wishlist. in my husband's, and ric flair's memory, please buy everything on my daughter's amazon.com wishlist. pm her and she will send you links of things to buy for her, in this tragic time of mourning.

my husband Bill Goldberg would talk about the Rowdy Ringsports and all of his friends here all the time, he loved all of you, and I know you all loved him very much. you were the only friends he ever had, even i did not care for him very much. i only loved him for his money, and for the amazing sex. please be kind to my daughter as she begins her posting adventure here with all of you. thank you for loving Pupkin (my husband's real name).

Way to "build mythology"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

RIP to ric and the Bills Goldberg

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bill goldberg wife, you have big boobs?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Woooooooo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mean Gene is the only person still alive in that gif.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bill Goldberg posted:

Welcome.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bill Goldberg posted:

aids

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

bill goldberg wife, you have big boobs?

The Widow Goldberg

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I fully admit that sometimes I make jokes about Ric being out of control and refusing to give up his lifestyle and whatnot, and then I remember, "Oh, poo poo. Reid," and then I think, well, holy poo poo, how else does a raging addict know how to cope ... and then I think to myself, "God drat, someone surely said something, somewhere."

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the dying, flat-lining, ambulance riding, daughter crying, not healing, unfeeling congealing son of a gun

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that wasnt funny or clever

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Imagine this being Ric Flair's last day on this world and being the OP of this topic.

Imagine then not changing it to something Ric Flair related. That, to me, is the shittiest poster of them all.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Guys, I'm starting to think forums poster Bill Goldberg is not professional wrestler Bill Goldberg.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

MotU posted:

the dying, flat-lining, ambulance riding, daughter crying, not healing, unfeeling congealing son of a gun

MotU, please. A man that has been near death for the last 20 years is near death.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kirios posted:

Imagine this being Ric Flair's last day on this world and being the OP of this topic.

Imagine then not changing it to something Ric Flair related. That, to me, is the shittiest poster of them all.

The new one gets posted tonight at 11.

Do you want a 6 hour Ric Flair tribute or a 7 day one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i don't think my liver can take a 7 day ric flair tribute

• Locked thread