Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
would be better to rename the forum since they changed it when roddy died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Timby posted:

I fully admit that sometimes I make jokes about Ric being out of control and refusing to give up his lifestyle and whatnot, and then I remember, "Oh, poo poo. Reid," and then I think, well, holy poo poo, how else does a raging addict know how to cope ... and then I think to myself, "God drat, someone surely said something, somewhere."

From basically every source that addressed the subject of his drinking over the last decade, the problem never seemed like "nobody saying anything" so much as "he didn't listen"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ric flair is out of surgery

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
everytime someone said 'i dont want to see ric flair on my tv anymore', this is on your hands fyi

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

DoctorGonzo posted:

ric flair is out of surgery

that was actually just him blading

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MotU posted:

would be better to rename the forum since they changed it when roddy died

This name is from when Ronda died.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bill goldberg still dead

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Hold the ric flair news, WWE has released the greatest shirt they've ever made.

https://twitter.com/WShopUpdates/status/897206569288560647

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
speaking of dead things

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TMZ is saying, with WWE corroboration, that Flair is out of emergency surgery, out of critical condition but still in serious condition.

As someone who has been there, if you get upgraded to serious, it's a good sign but you're going to have nurses on you 24 / 7 for a few days.

Timby fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 14, 2017

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Man if Ric goes this week that ESPN 30 for 30 doc about him is gonna be that much more brutal. Especially that bit that has Hunter saying some kinda harsh stuff. :smith:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Timby posted:

you're going to have nurses on you 24 / 7 for a few days.

Something tells me Ric will be okay with this situation.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Timby posted:

TMZ is saying, with WWE corroboration, that Flair is out of emergency surgery, out of critical condition but still in serious condition.

As someone who has been there, if you get upgraded to serious, it's a good sign but you're going to have nurses on you 24 / 7 for a few days.

Incorrect. He is dead. Please read the topic before posting.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Meltzer posted this a hour ago on THE BOARD.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/6tp5wl/meltzer_flair_is_out_of_surgery_condition_still/?sort=new

quote:

Posted on THE BOARD:

He's out of surgery.

It's good that he's out of surgery.

It's still real bad. I had it just told to me in some detail, not exactly identical, but very similar to what happened to my dad. However, his kidneys are functioning which is the main difference and no cancer issues.

What's wrong with Meltzer posting this on THE BOARD instead of twitter where he's currently talking about Omega/Okada and some match that happened in 1967?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jiro posted:

Man if Ric goes this week that ESPN 30 for 30 doc about him is gonna be that much more brutal. Especially that bit that has Hunter saying some kinda harsh stuff. :smith:

Yeah because HHH totally won the monday night wars, was a main eventer in the attitude era and NXT is a success

Also gently caress HBK and that other idiot Hunter badmouthing Flair. The guy did it all and he doesnt deserve two rate imitators judging him. They should have asked Arn, Steamboat, Luger, Sting and not those clowns

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 14, 2017

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007

Gonz posted:

Sid Eudy said to have shown up at Ric's hospital room to attack Arn Anderson with scissors.

Source: NewzUCanUze.uk.com

He said his scissors!

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Do people not like Dave Meltzer? I used to see him as sort of te unofficial voice of the IWC, hating all the "entertainers" and loving only the guys who could work the most technical of matches.

But after reading Alvarez's book, I found myself listening to a lot of stuff he and Meltzer said. I also listened to this great episode o Jericho's show where he and Meltzer talked about Benoit's life.

(Speaking of Benoit, I dunno if anyone else heard it, but Honky Tonk Man is apparently cool with Benoit murdering his wife, but the kid was too far. Shoots generally make me like the wrestler but not so here)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

some guy on the bus posted:

Meltzer posted this a hour ago on THE BOARD.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/6tp5wl/meltzer_flair_is_out_of_surgery_condition_still/?sort=new

What's wrong with Meltzer posting this on THE BOARD instead of twitter where he's currently talking about Omega/Okada and some match that happened in 1967?

i dunno. what's wrong with it. does he work for you

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
cant believe slick ric is dead, only yesterday i was droppin the big leg on you, only love brother HH

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

dromal phrenia posted:

if Ric Flair dies before reaching age 69, it will be the greatest tragedy of the modern era.

I mean this in all seriousness, I cannot fathom Ric Flair dying at 68. He'd just be too irate about the missed opportunity.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

Do people not like Dave Meltzer? I used to see him as sort of te unofficial voice of the IWC, hating all the "entertainers" and loving only the guys who could work the most technical of matches.

But after reading Alvarez's book, I found myself listening to a lot of stuff he and Meltzer said. I also listened to this great episode o Jericho's show where he and Meltzer talked about Benoit's life.

(Speaking of Benoit, I dunno if anyone else heard it, but Honky Tonk Man is apparently cool with Benoit murdering his wife, but the kid was too far. Shoots generally make me like the wrestler but not so here)

People are jealous of Dave's muscles.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i don't have a problem with dave meltzer but i did get a kick out of an ornery ole anderson berating the poo poo out of him while he stammered on and on while trying to argue with him

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

That DICK! posted:

i dunno. what's wrong with it. does he work for you

Meltzer: "Lmao you don't get to find out if Ric is dying or not unless you pay to read my thoughts suckers."

Yeah, nothing wrong with that, that's cool. Not a shithead thing to do at all.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Is a man entitled to the sweat of his brow? No, it belongs to Twitter

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Meltzer: "Lmao you don't get to find out if Ric is dying or not unless you pay to read my thoughts suckers."

Why are you posting this update on a pay website instead of on your twitter, shithead?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

how long did it take for someone to find that post on the BOARD and relay it to where you found it like 5 minutes? the internet's one big...t hing my dude

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yet if Rovert or someone else posted Rovert's tweet of a screencap of Dave's post shortly after Dave made it, you'd be right here complaining about Rovert instead

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

Yet if Rovert or someone else posted Rovert's tweet of a screencap of Dave's post shortly after Dave made it, you'd be right here complaining about Rovert instead

tbf this was annoying af until he said he only did it because it was easier for him to post images then i learned to not care

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Bill Goldberg posted:

Ric Flair is dead, and this is Bill Goldberg's beautiful widow typing this message. please do not ban this account, as he bequeathed it in his will to his beautiful daughter, who will now take on the mantle of Bill Goldberg. before my husband died, he told me his biggest regret was not buying everything on my daughter's amazon.com wishlist. in my husband's, and ric flair's memory, please buy everything on my daughter's amazon.com wishlist. pm her and she will send you links of things to buy for her, in this tragic time of mourning.

my husband Bill Goldberg would talk about the Rowdy Ringsports and all of his friends here all the time, he loved all of you, and I know you all loved him very much. you were the only friends he ever had, even i did not care for him very much. i only loved him for his money, and for the amazing sex. please be kind to my daughter as she begins her posting adventure here with all of you. thank you for loving Pupkin (my husband's real name).

how old is the daughter?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

That DICK! posted:

how long did it take for someone to find that post on the BOARD and relay it to where you found it like 5 minutes? the internet's one big...t hing my dude

Consider that I had to go to Reddit to find it, a place where people use phrases like "my dude"

And I would never badmouth Rovert.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

you know what, you're not my dude. you're a freaking douchebag.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

everybody get a load of this guy!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

If only there was some way you could find out independent of Dave Meltzer, who is Ric Flair's doctor. Like googling "ric flair" or something. I don't know, that probably can't be done. It's a shame you couldn't find out and still don't know Ric Flair's condition. Hope you make it through these trying times.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's extremely hosed up thar dogshit seltzer is purposely hiding his scoops from me

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

cronox2 posted:

Hold the ric flair news, WWE has released the greatest shirt they've ever made.

https://twitter.com/WShopUpdates/status/897206569288560647

I wish instead of cities the shirt was covered in smug remarks.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

that guy's such a freaking jerk - gah~!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

How is dave meltzer supposed to feed his family if he has tweet everything for free

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i remember watching ol' Linda Ellerbee back in '96 to stay current on the news, and she had a segment where Kids Said What They'd Do If They Were President. There was one kid, this fat buck-toothed stupid fucker, who said "if I was president I'd make everything free." I'm sittin there all 7 years old and poo poo saying how's that going to work dumbass? who's goign to make poo poo if everything's free? society would collapse. That fat kid is that guy who posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
That should satisfy the guy I walked past on the way to my train at the Garden in the "Give Elias March" shirt

• Locked thread