Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Apt thread title since I legitimately forgot to watch Raw last night. My interest has been waning for weeks and I hardly even pay attention to it when it's on, but last night around midnight I thought "Oh yeah, Raw was on tonight." This is by far the most dire the product has been since I started watching again (late 2012).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm telling you guys once our top champs aren't Jinder and Part-Time Brock it'll go a long way.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok but have you ever thought that maybe Nakamura has real good entrance music?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm telling you guys once our top champs aren't Jinder and Part-Time Brock it'll go a long way.

why

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I just bought a ticket to Smackdown so I can bask in Jinder's glorious striations. I don't know if he'll get a hometown pop tonight but he'll get one from me.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the dumbass booking isn't going to be better once Jinder and Brock aren't on top, it's fundamentally dumbassed

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I didn't know that Jinder and Brock were holding the belts hostage, and demanding that Vince book his shows like a loving dumpster fire. I can't wait for them to lose their titles now.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
WWE main roster booking will assuredly be mediocre with the occasional flash of brilliance and bright spots due to the talent they have assembled and bought for the foreseeable future, it's not going to change

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My favorite part about the 5 hour 10 match card that Foochs says people only don't like because of the two world champs

Half the card is rematches, 2 of which have stipulations nobody wants (Shane ref leading to feud nobody wants, and guy nobody wants in company stuck in shark cage nobody pops for that's now been used 3 times this year), and it'll be over half when Corbin cashes in on Nakamura

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vaguido posted:

I didn't know that Jinder and Brock were holding the belts hostage, and demanding that Vince book his shows like a loving dumpster fire. I can't wait for them to lose their titles now.

Counterpoint: main events being good or poo poo can go a long way in changing your perception of a show. Right now especially on SD we KNOW the main event is going to be poo poo. And yes, it'd be better with Baron Corbin.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Corbin will cash in on Jinder

and lose

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And yes, it'd be better with Baron Corbin.
lol

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Counterpoint: main events being good or poo poo can go a long way in changing your perception of a show. Right now especially on SD we KNOW the main event is going to be poo poo. And yes, it'd be better with Baron Corbin.

wrong

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Corbin has gotten good. Not necessarily world champion good, but good.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

SamuraiFoochs posted:

then he shouldn't be fuckin world champion

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Baron Corbin is the world's tallest vanilla midget

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

flashy_mcflash posted:

I just bought a ticket to Smackdown so I can bask in Jinder's glorious striations. I don't know if he'll get a hometown pop tonight but he'll get one from me.
hope you have a good time in punjab

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Bill Goldberg posted:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bill Goldberg posted:

Still better than Jinder. By miles. But anyway I'm out. Have a great one everybody.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Brock holding the title hasn't done much to affect the main event scene on Raw. The 5 way for #1 contendership was a good main event and it didn't need the title to elevate it. And the matches/segments Brock has been in have been big fights, and while not being techinical masterpieces, popped the crowd and did what they were meant to do. I agree with your thought that Brock in general isn't the best thing in WWE, but his position on the card has very little to do with Raw having bad shows.

Corbin is a lateral movement at best from Jinder, and if you disagree, feel free to watch Battleground again. Jinder/Orton was hindered by a terrible stipulation everyone knew was going to be bad to begin with. Corbin had a PPV match with one of the best workers on the roster and had one of the worst, if not the worst, Nakamura match of all time.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Still better than Jinder. By miles. But anyway I'm out. Have a great one everybody.

wrong, coward

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Remember when people kept claiming Nakamura would be squashed on the main roster and never amount to anything?

Oh give it time. There is still plenty of opportunities for Nakamura to be injured and then they lose faith in him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

- The storyline is that Brock and Heyman will leave WWE if he loses.
- Brock is definitely staying until Mania.
- Brock is already booked for the PPV in September.

Sorry, dude, he's retaining.

Bill Goldberg posted:

The champion is Jinder loving Mahal, we're already really goddamn past that. Corbin isn't a lateral move from Jinder, he's a huge improvement.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
To those who stuck through the Guest Host era, are we in better or worse times

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sometimes i think about how indians are allowed to be successful now and i scream and cry and beat my fists against the wall.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

Genuine tossup

Far more/longer stupid segments then, but far more/better talent to book stupidly now

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

VJeff posted:

The champion is Jinder loving Mahal, we're already really goddamn past that. Corbin isn't a lateral move from Jinder, he's a huge improvement.

yeah Jinder Mahal is herpes and Baron Corbin is just gonorrhea

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Genuine tossup

Far more/longer stupid segments then, but far more/better talent to book stupidly now

Yeah I think it seems worse now because you have Sami and KO and AJ and Rollins and Finn and so forth largely doing nothing and or feuding for midcard belts forever when they could all be world champ instead.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

VJeff posted:

Seriously, Corbin has improved a lot and is at least average now. Jinder might actually be worse than Great "literally can't bend his knees" Khali

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Tomahawk posted:

Philosophically worse, pragmatically better.

Pragmatically, the product then was even more dumb and pointless because it still had the same problems it does now but 25-50% of each show also had to be booked as a non-sequitur that was virtually always guaranteed to be one of the worst segments you've ever seen, the talent level was still in the "why the gently caress are we employing Manu" stage, and your primary title feud was the one that made John Cena vs Randy Orton a terrible joke.

Philosophically, they have so, so much more now, and they're still doing a poor job with most of it, and that is terrible.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Tomahawk posted:

Better. Most of the Raws recently have been good.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

But tonight's Smackdown isn't in Calgary, Alberta, Canada?

Anyhow, be a good brother and give Jinder a double hometown pop just for me, your best friend Sandman McMahon. Please and thank you.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Give Brock new merch that says ADIDAS on the front but on the back it says all day I dream about suplexes and loving watch that cash roll in vinny Mac

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

that Cena/Umaga match capped the first PPV and indeed the first prograps show my wife ever watched and she was way in to it

nowadays, not so much

also lol@ Jimmy John's getting sponsorship space on official WWE merch

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

To match last year, Brock "less moves than Ezekiel Jackson" Lesnar is going to hardway all three of his opponents for no reason at Summerslam and then do steroids in the middle of the ring.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

projecthalaxy posted:

To match last year, Brock "less moves than Ezekiel Jackson" Lesnar is going to hardway all three of his opponents for no reason at Summerslam and then do steroids in the middle of the ring.

He and Jinder will win their matches, throw Baron Corbin and Bayley into crates addressed to Orlando, and spend the last three hours of Summerslam having a steroid eating contest while Heyman compliments them on their back muscles

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I hope braun brutally defeats lesnar with powerslams and a large scimitar

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
baron corbin is pretty good, i enjoy seeing him on tv

also have jason jordan lean into the nepotism and turn heel. he's nowhere near charismatic enough to be a face on his own. and his dad is kurt "you suck" angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/KristenHiebertJ...match-on-raw%2F

• Locked thread