Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
I like how I ended up running around the dog level obsessively lighting every torch I could find so the invisible dog wouldn't get me. I am fairly sure you don't need to do that. :tinfoil: :golfclap:

I think the Rune finding game would have been improved if you could find anything closely resembling the rune in the environment to count. Although that would probably be a god tier level of programming.

Torpor fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

haveblue posted:

After an hour of running around the maze slowly convincing myself that the monster didn't actually exist and that Senua was "dying" by succumbing to fear of darkness and myths amplified by her issues, the moment where you suddenly see that it *is* real and coming after her was legit terrifying.

I don't think we are disagreeing or anything, but for clarity's sake, you need the light and the hand held torch, but there are stationary torches that you can choose to light up. I think the vast majority of them are red herrings and only a few times does lighting braziers/torches factor into the puzzle solving. The torch you have is plenty of light to keep the dog away, but for some reason I felt the need/requirement to light the braziers just because. I am fairly sure that is the psychological pressure the designers were hoping for. I think a few parts of the depictions of mental illness only seem to be obvious upon later reflection or if you think about how you would describe the scene to someone else. Partly I think this is because the mechanics are not so far off of other video game mechanics.

I think the game designers screwed up by including the description of the rot mechanic using authoritative letters on the screen rather than your inner voices describing that the rot is spreading and if it gets to your head you will die, although that is a hard idea to communicate without breaking the 4th wall in the way they did. The fact that the thing doesn't apparently actually delete your save game is not entirely internally inconsistent with Senua's other mental issues. I wouldn't be surprised if there were people out there with a delusion where they think there is a type of corruption spreading in their bodies that will kill them. Itll be interesting to see if the apparent brokenness of that is a bug or not

Choosing to not have a HUD but then have your loving achievements pop up on screen with stupid names attached to them is goofy as gently caress.

• Locked thread