Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

As someone who played through this game on normal and never died in any combat sequence, here is what I noticed while playing:

- The parry window is massive and lets you get away with blocking even the biggest weapons. Hit block right before the attack lands.
- Melee knocks away shields. I realise that may sound obvious so apologies, but I see all this talk about remembering there's a melee button so yeah
- The running attacks DO NOT require you to actually run. Just hit sprint+button of choice to instantly do them
- Sprint+melee is a fantastic gap closer, interrupter, and guard breaker
- Apply your Focus whenever you can, it can reverse any situation
- If you get knocked on your rear end, button mash to recover almost instantly
- Shrouded opponents become visible through successful parries

Besides regular blocking and attacking, the things in this list will carry your rear end through.

e:

Chem posted:

I just finished an hour of this game, I bought it on a whim and I'm shocked at the realism.

Yeah this is one of those games that shows off what you can do with the engine when a developer is utilizing the tech rather than leaning on it.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Hellblade doesn't feel like the kind of title that needs a sequel. If they do it and pull it off then :tipshat: to them of course.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

From what I understand (endgame spoiler) without Druth everything would have been different for Senua. Her culture is quite different, if it werent for Druth she would not have that information on northern mythology. Not only did it provide a form and fuel for her psychosis, it also gave her the illusion of an objective to chase. She was glad she met Druth but in the long run it ended up being detrimental.

• Locked thread