Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

6:00pm

Its obvious that his workplace plans some sort of illegal trial on him, so its time to switch careers.

No skills are needed here, just some good old fashioned sucking up to the boss – something that Brusier is good at!

He then hangs around his new workplace for a while talking to his soon to be collegues.

12:00am

Its then home for some dreaming of his new job and all the money he's going to make.

10:20am

Brusier awakes fully rested, but a bit hungry.

A trip to the park and the grill there means he's now happy.

Its to early to party, so its time to go dumpster diving.

He soon has celebrity supervision. Why Tiara wants to watch a hobo scrounge through rubbish is beyond me.

She continues to hang around though.

They get talking, and Brusier blags about his status in the business career – Tiara seems to appreciate that the two get on well – they talk for hours in that alleyway – so long in fact that the paparazzi turn up!

Then it back into the dumpster!

10:00pm

Brusier returns home for a shower, only to learn that he is on several news sites, and is now a minor celebrity himself!

He tries to invite his new boss out, but she's having nothing to do with him yet. He sleeps and does the other boring sim stuff.

12:44pm

Its back to the sports bar for dinner.

He has a chat with the barmaid, Patty Needham, and of course the two see sparks fly. Okay, I'm sorry I called you fat earlier. I was just trying to make a joke.

It must be a slow news day when “Hobo goes to bar” is worth snapping. Unless they are digging dirt to destroy Tiara's career!

The bouncer is distracted and Brusier once more sneaks into the VIP area. Then leaves as no one is in there. The rest of the night is a bust, and he returns home for a good nights sleep.

9:00am

The postwoman arrives with the bills, and is shocked to see a man living in the park.

1:00pm

Time to go to work and suck up to the boss! He only brings home $148, but he's going much quicker up the ladder here!

6:00pm

Sucking up to the boss time – She agrees to join him at Welin's Haunt.

Brusier starts to dance with Matilda Smart-Striker (what a name!) when the local vampire turns up again – he gets angry that there is a policeman in the bar and walk out again – hit evil desires for the blood of a hobo once more thwarted!

His boss, Katrina Pala turns up and they get into a conversation – Brusier keeps it about her, and they are soon friends.

He mooches some cash off her, which she seems to like. She soon tells him that he is destined for big things at work!

Needing some entertainment, he gets into a two on one fooseball match with an old woman.

Unsurprisingly, Katrina is on his mind a fair bit. She leaves before he can do anything. She is married to someone called mick?

5:00am

At home, and the addition of a fridge means that Brusier can do everything he needs at the park – saving trips to places for basic human needs! Once I buy food of course!

I do my part to keep the Flamingo lobby happy!

[b]6:00pm

Another day finished. Tomorrow should bring promotion! I annoyingly missed screenshot of the vampire leaving the building carrying a baby! The thing is a monster!

[b]Choice time!

We have everything we need for the basics – I'll get some food in next.

Do we -

1 - Pick a romantic partner – who? The barmaid? The two female celebs we have met are already married.
2 – Keep making friends?
3 – We're getting a dog – continue dogchat!

What should our next big purchase be? Maybe some walls? Promotion should bring in a bonus as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Is it possible to have an affair with one of the married celebs and mooch expensive gifts off of them?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is it possible to have an affair with one of the married celebs and mooch expensive gifts off of them?

yes

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

You can also tell them to leave their partners if your relationship is strong enough - I say we wreck Mick's life.

And the one physical trait* I want in whatever type of dog we get is the permamud. Should puppies happen (and they can't be sold in TS3 so why would you) they'll inherit some of those splotches.

*Because pets also start out with three personality traits. I'm thinking Loyal, Aggressive, and Shy.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

We should marry our boss. What better way is there to shoot up the career ladder than to be bangin' the person in charge?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Become a homewrecker, it's the obvious path.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

HannibalBarca posted:

Become a homewrecker, it's the obvious path.

If we can't have a home, neither should they. Do it!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I've also realised the genius of this LP. While some things will directly influence our progeny, some ideas can ve shelved until financially or narratively more appropriate.

So I'm changing my vote from Sparkle Dog to Mutt or a poster's pet, either is good. Sparkle Dogs belong in bling-y houses or gamer basements. Wait until we get an artist in the family, methinks

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I don't think I've laughed so hard at an LP when I realized that not only does Grey Hunter call him Brusier in the thread, he actually named him that in the game. Never change, Grey Hunter.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

marry one of the flamingos

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Sir Potato posted:

I don't think I've laughed so hard at an LP when I realized that not only does Grey Hunter call him Brusier in the thread, he actually named him that in the game. Never change, Grey Hunter.

It's french or something.

I defiantly run with my spelling mistakes.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
You're going to be the start of a dynasty. Own the company. Romantically pursuing your married boss can in no way go wrong.

You need a bigger house. By bigger I mean one barely big enough to fit around the bed.

CantDecideOnAName
Jan 1, 2012

And I understand if you ask
Was this life,
was this all?
I think a huge muddy shaggy dog is the best choice for a hobo. Preferably white so the mud shows better.

Give your boss that kiss and if she's receptive then wreck that home.

And I'm reiterating my vote to get the Charisma skill up. That skill levels from talking to people but it doesn't start until we unlock it.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Sleeping with the boss sounds like the thing Brusier would do. It's not even all about the money since it looks like he actually has feelings for her.

I have no strong opinions on what kind of dog to get, but I support the "one flamingo per update" idea.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Formalize it as an extra point for every 10 flamingos? One flamingo can be purchased per Sim per update.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
If my dad had a collection of flamingos and he kept buying another every month, the second he moved into a home or died I'd sell that off.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Crazycryodude posted:

Formalize it as an extra point for every 10 flamingos? One flamingo can be purchased per Sim per update.

That would work!

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

The flamingos are going to be the equivalent of a prisoner's ticks for each day he's trapped there. An excellent way to keep track of how many in game days it's been since the start of the legacy.

I agree that he should get to the library to get that very first Charisma skill point, so all his mooching can passively rank up Charisma afterwards.

Alternately, try to hit on boss lady first, and if she rejects Brusier, that could be the motivation he needs to study some people skills.

(If she accepts his advances, wreck that home to build your own!)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
I say go for the barmaid.

I really don't like NTR/cheating type stuff, even if it's all virtual.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

sincx posted:

I say go for the barmaid.

I really don't like NTR/cheating type stuff, even if it's all virtual.

Seducing a married lady is not NTR.
Neither, in fact, is swinging. NTR is a way different thing.

...But yes, go for the barmaid. Girl thicc.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Go for everyone. Simultaneously.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Go for the barmaid. She seems fun, and getting romantically involved with your boss is a terrible idea.

Please put a roof over your bed.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
you hosed up some bold tags in your post

get a roof over your bed

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

John Lee posted:

Seducing a married lady is not NTR.
Neither, in fact, is swinging. NTR is a way different thing.

...But yes, go for the barmaid. Girl thicc.

What is NTR?

Non-traditional relationship?

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

simplefish posted:

What is NTR?

Non-traditional relationship?

It's a fetish for being on the receiving end of being cuckolded physically and emotionally.

Marry Boss
1 Flamingo per update
and Walls
, it really bothers me that our furniture isn't wrecked by rain, wind and vandals or stolen by thieves.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Aug 20, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RA Rx posted:

It's a fetish for being on the receiving end of being cuckolded physically and emotionally.

Marry Boss
1 Flamingo per update
and Walls
, it really bothers me that our furniture isn't wrecked by rain, wind and vandals or stolen by thieves.

Out of curiosity, do we need a floor on the surface before we can build a basement beneath it?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Grey Hunter posted:

That would work!
Let's do it then!

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Out of curiosity, do we need a floor on the surface before we can build a basement beneath it?

Nope.

One of the things I liked to do in TS3 was build a vast underground bunker with an unassuming shack sitting in the middle of an 'abandoned' lot. I don't know whose idea it was at EAxis to give us five basement floors but I hope they went on to do more great things.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
Knowingly sleeping with a married person is an evil thing to do. If Bruiser had the Evil trait it might make sense, but I don't think he does. (Does he?) Accordingly, I vote to marry the barmaid since that's the non-evil choice here.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Deviations posted:

Nope.

One of the things I liked to do in TS3 was build a vast underground bunker with an unassuming shack sitting in the middle of an 'abandoned' lot. I don't know whose idea it was at EAxis to give us five basement floors but I hope they went on to do more great things.

Huh, I wasn't expecting multiple basement floors :eyepop:.

In that case I'm going to properly suggest that I think Brusier's long-term goal for his house should be one that's completely underground. He's already an ex-military survivalist, living off the land and local townsfolk fauna :pseudo:.

SchrodingersFish
Mar 9, 2012
marry the barmaid we are building this empire from the ground up, future generations will look back fondly on the humble beginnings of their founding mother and father- hobo and barmaid. Plus there is obvious chemistry between the two! It's fate! Love at first sight!

Epsilon Moonshade
Nov 22, 2016

Not an excellent host.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Huh, I wasn't expecting multiple basement floors :eyepop:.

In that case I'm going to properly suggest that I think Brusier's long-term goal for his house should be one that's completely underground. He's already an ex-military survivalist, living off the land and local townsfolk fauna :pseudo:.

+1 for ending with an underground bunker-mansion.

This has nothing to do with me playing Dwarf Fortress lately. Not at all. :v:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

SchrodingersFish posted:

marry the barmaid we are building this empire from the ground up, future generations will look back fondly on the humble beginnings of their founding mother and father- hobo and barmaid. Plus there is obvious chemistry between the two! It's fate! Love at first sight!

I like the sound of that. I change my vote to the fat barmaid.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Boss: 7
Barmaid: 5
Everyone: 1
Flamingo: 1
Perhaps sufficient Flamingo worship will one day turn one of the statues into Brusier's perfect wife (who never leaves the couch, as static in life as she was a lawn ornament).

PS. It's easier if you bold your votes.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Marry the barmaid. It was meant to be.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

The barmaid!

Also Bunker under the park!

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bunker under the park!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Go for the barmaid and definitely do the bunker. The only external part should be whatever enclosure is necessary for the stairway, and an entire flock of pink flamingos.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
The barmaid makes more sense but Bruiser is laser focused in his lack of effort and so boss is the true mooch path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
Mr. Enterprise, build that bunker!

• Locked thread