Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Ralph Nader put seatbelts in every car and there's still a subspecies of chud that's mad about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
GM tried to honeypot nader with hot babes and he was instantly like what the gently caress ya right

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

If it wasn't for Gore, Nader would have been President :(

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

paul_soccer12 posted:

GM tried to honeypot nader with hot babes and he was instantly like what the gently caress ya right

lmfao

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Liz Warren sold her self to biden and got nothing out of it

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Warren's entire career is really funny. pure ambition and arrogance. from faking her heritage for advancement, to being a republican until Clinton, to entering politics to oppose biden, the bernie backstab, and the biden realignment. and all the little things in between. just lol

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

paul_soccer12 posted:

lmao i desperately need more info on this

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

remember biden destroying his ankle while nakedly chasing his dog

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

Tricky D posted:

Dr. Blair : You see, what we're talkin' about here is an organism that imitates other life-forms, and it imitates 'em perfectly. When this thing attacked our house it tried to digest them... absorb them, and in the process shape its own cells to imitate them. This for instance. That's not house. It's imitation. We got to it before it had time to finish.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

lmao i desperately need more info on this

It's almost all there. GM tried to send prostitutes to be caught with Nader in order to discredit him during the Unsafe at Any Speed controversy and he had absolutely no interest, either because he knew it was a set up or because he just isn't into orgies.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Warren's master plan to get us MFA was to wait until the third year of her administration before trying to do it through Congress.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

LastInLine posted:

It's almost all there. GM tried to send prostitutes to be caught with Nader in order to discredit him during the Unsafe at Any Speed controversy and he had absolutely no interest, either because he knew it was a set up or because he just isn't into orgies.

ralph is a powerful warrior monk who is not tempted by the flesh

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Animal-Mother posted:

Ralph Nader put seatbelts in every car and there's still a subspecies of chud that's mad about it.

the state of nh does not have any seatbelt laws for adults and that is funny to me

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

LastInLine posted:

Seems like trying to blackmail a sitting politician should probably be a big crime and lol that they found the only one that isn't a hosed up hedonist.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

VileLL posted:

remember biden destroying his ankle while nakedly chasing his dog

biden hurt his foot, his press people came up with a story that it was while playing with his dog (he's very spry for his age!) and within 2 days biden himself accidentally (senile) admitted he actually just fell in the shower.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

paul_soccer12 posted:

biden hurt his foot, his press people came up with a story that it was while playing with his dog (he's very spry for his age!) and within 2 days biden himself accidentally (senile) admitted he actually just fell in the shower.

is there a clip of this? all I can find is him saying he fell while playing with his dog after taking a shower.

I guess the subtext is that he was buck rear end naked when it happened and completely wet from head to toe? this story keeps getting sexier.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
But why was he chasing his dog in the shower?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Antonymous posted:

Warren's entire career is really funny. pure ambition and arrogance. from faking her heritage for advancement, to being a republican until Clinton, to entering politics to oppose biden, the bernie backstab, and the biden realignment. and all the little things in between. just lol

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
the hardcore warren followers getting nazi tats

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

your typical warren supporter is some PMC dipshit who thinks they're far smarter than they are, so it's especially funny that the argument for warren devolved into tautologies

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Eat This Glob posted:

the state of nh does not have any seatbelt laws for adults and that is funny to me

The Live Free And/Or Die State

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Seems like trying to blackmail a sitting politician should probably be a big crime and lol that they found the only one that isn't a hosed up hedonist.

what office was Nader holding at the time

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

is there a clip of this? all I can find is him saying he fell while playing with his dog after taking a shower.

I guess the subtext is that he was buck rear end naked when it happened and completely wet from head to toe? this story keeps getting sexier.

its my headcanon

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/awzurcher/status/1224533900946485250

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

lol I think about this a LOT

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

like it's literally the ending to an It's Always Sunny episode (an episode which owns)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

As far as I know he wasn't a politician of any kind, just a "consumer advocate" (his words) which is a lawyer by trade but running a group specializing in lawsuits by consumers against companies. So an ambulance-chaser by any other name.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Animal-Mother posted:

libs also hate Ralph Nader

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

But why was he chasing his dog in the shower?

It's his shower, he should be there!

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

LastInLine posted:

As far as I know he wasn't a politician of any kind, just a "consumer advocate" (his words) which is a lawyer by trade but running a group specializing in lawsuits by consumers against companies. So an ambulance-chaser by any other name.

you should have let him answer my question

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

spacemang_spliff posted:

libs also hate Ralph Nader

yeah lol they hate him more than dubya now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

LastInLine posted:

So an ambulance-chaser by any other name.

this isn't the hot takes thread

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Laterite posted:

It's his shower, he should be there!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Wondering what life was like at the very start of covid kicking off for people living in my home town? This tweet from a year ago captures the zeitgeist perfectly.

https://twitter.com/MehreenFaruqi/status/1232486638330077184

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
so we’ve gone from a president who wants to shower with his daughter to one who wants to shower with his dog.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

indigi posted:

making mad bank by asking the government to stop companies from killing people :twisted:

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

KS posted:

Gonzales hearing:

Seems quaint now.

This loving guy pops into my head like once every two weeks

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Fluoride Jones posted:

is he single

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

El_Elegante posted:

you should have let him answer my question

Yeah I should've but I made the reply then went back and read the rest of the thread :(

indigi posted:

exmarx posted:

making mad bank by asking the government to stop companies from killing people :twisted:

I didn't say ambulance chasing was necessarily bad. In a world literally no automotive passenger safety standards or regulations it was obviously necessary. It's difficult imagine stuff like reverse lights, seat belts, and passenger side door mirrors being optional with a near-zero take rate (especially on cheaper cars like the Corvair).

On the other hand, Unsafe at Any Speed was definitely a hit piece that cherry-picked evidence in its favor while ignoring the rest. The Corvair wasn't appreciably more deadly than any other car of the era assuming the driver could drive and knew what oversteer was. The only reason to pick it over any other car at the time was because it was highly visible and GM had the most money to go after. The book was sensationalist and factually shaky to promote his career, GM just guessed wrongly when they supposed that he wasn't in it for altruistic reasons which, in retrospect, seems to have been the case.

Also LOL didn't Bernie say he "didn't want to be the next Nader" as his reason for backstabbing the left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Fluoride Jones posted:

this one is mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOEgAoxiOQ0