Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think most of the dem candidates could have beaten trump the same as biden, provided they still had absolute media control and covid. being a black hole of charisma with a closet full of skeletons in a house made entirely of skeletons didn't stop biden, after all. there is no possible scenario where warren could have beaten trump. she would never stop walking into those rakes.

Warren couldn't have beaten Trump because she's a Republican and no Republican can beat Trump.

This will be true of Democrats post Biden also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

Look forward, not backward

We tortured some folks.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

So did Bolsonaro.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Trump got scared of a bald eagle.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Vim Fuego posted:

RBG held onto power 12 years too long, accomplished nothing but dissents, officiated a wedding during a deadly pandemic maskless, without an immune system and died just. in. time. to be replaced with a ruthless conservative psychopath before the democrats took the presidency and the senate. lol

Uhmm excuse me but she was right to do this because she was a woman.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

I meant from the mob

The police got him though?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Gitmo still not closed.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

Trump outright deleting one of Iran's generals off the map while he was on a diplomatic mission in Bagdad and nothing happened

Uhh well Iran did launch some missiles at a US army base in Iraq and some soldiers got injured or whatever.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I, too, am interested in the story of Trump personally failing to murk a something awful forums user. Looks like he lost to Hillary after all.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Hasn't it turned out that Ed's actually not completely horrible but made the huge mistake of listening to the lanyards when he was Labour leader?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Laura Ingraham Hitler salute.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

And it worked.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

lmao this is great

Imagine only caring about ending capitalism as long as you personally are poor, rather than because it is evil. gently caress Cramer.

Lol remember when Cramer got Jon Stewart to reason himself into saying Truman was a war criminal and then starting his show the next day with an apology for that? Peak liberalism.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

There exists a man who was shot in the face by Dick Cheney and then apologized to Cheney for it.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

bedpan posted:

Greta Thungberg publicly endorsed Joe Biden and encouraged people to vote for him.

She needs to read theory imo

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

John Charity Spring posted:

don't ever read the communism thread if you don't want to explode into flames

Wait which thread is this exactly?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wait which one was the drunk?

Orange Devil has issued a correction as of 09:13 on Apr 13, 2021

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Comrayn posted:

they said Barron saw the decapitated trump head picture and thought his dad had really been decapitated. how old was he at this time like 12?

And she loving apologised, even though lessons number 1 through 10 to be learned from Trump are: NEVER loving APOLOGIZE.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I thought it was one of his cronies?

Twas

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Madeleine Albright finding half a million dead Iraqi children due to sanctions worth it in a TV interview.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

French PM at the time - was it Chirac? - had to literally call up a fuckin priest to find out who/what they even were because he had never heard the names before lmao

I imagine this priest going " the gently caress is this poo poo?"

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

The ideology was thick in the air, but reality would not change.

A loving turtleman single handedly stifled the poo poo out of Obama's dumb administration lol

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

they like having One of the Good Ones to show they're Not Racist/Whatever because My Black/Gay/Whatever friend

and lots of people think they aren't The Bad Ones They Are ACTUALLY Talking About. there was even a jewish organization that came out in favor of the nazis (Association of German National Jews).

i think it was goebbels that said something about how if they listened to every german, they wouldn't kill any jews, because every german was like "okay we can kill all the jews except my friend here, he's cool and not like the other ones".

Yeah it's important to realize that fascists have a problem with the ideological construct of the Other, and this can be separated from any specific individual ostensibly belonging to that category whenever convenient (including for their own conscience).

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

evobatman posted:

Anwar Al-Awlakis father suing the government to not arbitrarily kill his son. The government proceding to arbitrarily kill his son, and his grandson.

They also ruled he didn’t have standing and Anwar Al-Awlaki himself should have been suing. And presumably appearing in person.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Inceltown posted:

Zucc doesn't have the appeal of Trump. No one is going to get fired up to come to his defence.

Trump's appeal being entirely "big bully energy", of course. Something which Zuckerberg sorely lacks. Although hilariously those cold dead eyes indicate to me he has no problem firing people to their face to get his hands on a couple more dollars he'll never need in his life. Whereas Trump likely has never dared to fire anyone to their face in his life but just pretended to do so in a TV show.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

mrmcd posted:

"STOP TURKS FROM EATING THE QUEEN'S SWANS" lmao.

I can only hear this in Brian Blessed's voice.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Imagine being the person whose boss ordered you to make that graphic though.

It's my second favorite graphic of its type, right after the one in Powell's UN powerpoint presentation showing mobile biological weapons labs.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Malleum posted:

the goon project to save democracy and get a bunch of goons in democrat delegate positions and rewrite party rules and platforms to be more progressive

the conclusion of this goon project where democratic delegates removed weed abolition and a minimum wage hike from the official democrat platform

Were any of these delegates goons? Cus loving lmao if so.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Boy that was a hype and a half.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

White House staffers having to rummage through the bins and tape together trump's memos for preservation because he kept ripping up all his paperwork after reading it despite repeatedly being told not to

As small and insignificant as this seemingly is it also shows the absolute bankruptcy of the system. Legally the president is not allowed to do X. President continues to do X all the time anyway, and there are no consequences. Insert liberal masturbatory bullshit about checks and balances here.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

pentyne posted:

God the 2009/10 elections hype was loving bonkers as for a good 12 months people treated Sarah Palin like she was some potential kingmaker or shaping up to become the party leader before it turned out she was literally too dumb and lazy to even do the simplest grift.

Palin could've been Trump but she was too dumb. Confirm/Deny?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Yes, use all that wealth to try to improve yourself (and inevitably fail because it will never be enough because that gnawing sense of inadequacy is a psychological issue rather than a physical one).

Or save all that effort and use it to demean others so you can feel superior instead, a lot less effort that way.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Neither was his name Joe.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Some dumb bullshit written down by long dead assholes governs the lives of hundreds of millions of people and will have a bigger impact on their lives than the sum of decisions made by most of those people in their entire lives.

lmao, writing was a mistake.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

My strategy to defeat ISIS begins with defeating ISIS, but it doesn't end there...

Sounds ominous as gently caress tbh.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Oliver seemed aware and appalled that Tmurp could have shot a man on 5th avenue and not lost any votes. His audience maybe not so much?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

christmas boots posted:

I can't prove it, but I'm certain one of the main reasons Bolton never got his wars was that he was really pushy about it and Trump didn't like being told what to do.

Trump didnt like Boltons moustache.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

The US decided to invade and occupy Afghanistan for 20 years for not a single coherent reason.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

The gently caress am I looking at here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Tory power stance