Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHt2GA12qU4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
let them eat ultranationalist idpol cake

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

just lol that the usa is still on a vision quest to kill all iranians because they deposed the shah

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/nate-silver-huffington-post-polls-twitter-230815

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

There was a brief moment post-election before the electoral college did their thing when liberals thought the Hamilton Electors would throw the whole thing and make Hillary president anyway and they were constantly quoting the musical at each other to show just how owned Trump was going to be.

and then Hillary got more faithless electors than trump

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

babypolis posted:

kerry was too chickenshit to even point any of this out so in a way it was right

he had some really lovely hired guns run his campaign

none of these hired guns lost any credibility over this

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the time obama had to evolve his position on homosexuality after the polls said it was safe to do so

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
turns out the game changing strategy of the late 2010's is learning you can just never admit defeat and nobody will actually do anything to you

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
kerry catching a football

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

didn't that idiot turn up again just recently to try to talk about which dem is most electable

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
https://youtu.be/QBLNohqquRk

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the punchline is that he got bigger flack for saying America's actions had some causative factor in 9/11

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the fact people were and still are confused that chuds felt bush was a war hero and kerry was some loser crybaby

maybe if we wave the flag more we'll win over these patriots

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Meghan McCain calling a jewish cartoonist an antisemite, for saying she is not jewish

(she isnt jewish)

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

AgentF posted:

I don't know maybe I'm just dumb but I never understood why this photo looks so bad, except for the name tag on the helmet. I feel GW Bush could have gotten away with an identical photo shoot no problems.

democrats look pathetic trying to coopt the aesthetics of rabid jingoistic nationalism because they imagine it involves honor or respect but republicans understand its all about being a goosestepping bully

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
that one time business leaders tried to stop the great depression via huge buys and it lasted a day-ish

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Mekchu posted:

When a bunch of Liberal Democrats posted a video of them begging electors not to actually cast their votes for Trump.

and then the only defectors were hillary ones lmao

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
cheney shot a dude in the face and the dude apologized publicly to cheney

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

Clinton's main argument was "It's her turn"

her million dollar campaign staff could not find any reason behind why she was running beyond personal ambition

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the clintons abandoned their famous cat after getting a dog they liked better. a random staffer ended up adopting socks after the clintons left the white house.

Romney sharing an anecdote about hosing off his piss and poo poo covered dog he strapped in a crate on his car during a family trip

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i had an edible, thought "this ain't doing poo poo", then didn't do any more due to the stories i heard.

it didn't do poo poo.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
yeah but no cool anecdotes about my ghost face screaming at me. moderation loses again

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
you cannot comprehend the form of rubins tweet

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

The brief period where it looked like even remotely social democratic policies might be viable in this hell country

https://www.youtube.com/embed/OeQ6MAa8RI0?start=6&version=3&autoplay=1

Tiler Kiwi has issued a correction as of 05:48 on Aug 21, 2020

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
yeah then if biden wins he gets a seat in a new administration and if biden loses he becomes the most influential person in the dnc who will vet all policies. and the most popular candidate and second place dude will get told to crawl off and die.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
swift boat veterans for truth and the dems inability to either anticipate nor defend against it

also the media blasting out their stuff and doing the boths sides bit and then after the election doing a sober reflect about how obviously wrong it was and how counter productive their role was and vowing not to fall for such a trick again

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
consolidate data centers

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
sarah palin seeming like the biggest idiot to be nominated to higher office.

John Edwards telling a sob story, and claiming it was the only time he told to someone, to Kerry, two different times. Also his weird lady friend psychic he cheated with.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
dow jones recovering after investors realized that lawmakers were okay with letting a bunch of people die rather than hurt their portfolios

harris nomination causing a spike in private prison investment

bernie losing causing a surge in healthcare investment

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
gorilla mindset

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
bob dole

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
who the gently caress waws that guy???????

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
there used to be an era where failed presidential bids resulted in your instant fall from grace instead of you lurking around to haunt the halls of your respective party offices

or if youre the democrats i guess now they let the republican losers hang out with them. mccain and romney, your Respectable Republican Best Friends

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

NightGyr posted:

John Kerry

i cant recommend the book Politics Lost quite enough. its a short read, simple enough that i got thru it as a wee nerdling, but it resulted in me leaping from garfield and dilbert comics into politics as the Most Hilarious poo poo Ever and john kerry's complete loving indecisive neurosis and the pernicious influence of bob shrum in destroying democrat candidate after democrat candidate still is incredible. a fatuous candidate, a fatuous candidate!

also has the phrase Turnip Day for when a politician unintentionally reveals their humanity and accidentally forms a connection to the voters, which was in defiance of the mass marketing style of candidacy that is still the mainstream ideal. it was presented in a nostalgic, remember-bob-kennedy light, but now you gotta look at it at like, poo poo we made our politicians into chatbox idiots to the point donald trump looks authentic lmao

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i actually forgot, i think it was just the part where truman said he liked turnips inexplicably and changed the fate of a nation

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

LastInLine posted:

Donald Trump is a lot of things but he's not inauthentic. He's exactly the guy he seems to be which is both why people like and hate him.

I'd almost be willing to argue that any authentic candidate would win against any "mass marketing style of candidacy that is still the mainstream ideal" regardless of ideology in a fair election but I'm not quite sure I could defend it. It's got a ring of truth to it.

i doubt when he humps the flag he actually loves america. maybe in that moment he does. but he's a shameless performer and con man who cheats every person he comes in contact with while somehow imagining himself the victim. I don't really know what a Hypothetical Authentic Trump would be like, I don't think there really is one. but just being a narcissist shell is still better than the plastic beltway freak show peformances where you have multi millionares and lawyers spewing garbage sophistry while cringing at iowa corndogs, lying awake at night in fear of the specter of populism. just being told "you suck, gently caress off, *poo poo eating grin*" is less insulting than a suit going on about means tested lunch programs for poor kids or how much we need to protect american business by refusing to define water as a human right.

it does make me wonder if Authentic Hillary could have won. If she just came out with a glass of rum and coke and starting just loving denigrating the entire nation as idiots and proles, talked about how she's a fuckin ex secretary of state and senator and that trump is a shitmouth inbred freak who will never be accepted with the beltway crowd like the Clintons are. and that she's the ruling class you're going to get, so get out and vote you fish mouthed mongrels. i'd probably have appreciated it more.

funny moment i recall now: jeb bush trying to pull the qualified washington outsider poo poo and getting shut down by trump just calling him a pussy to his face over and over. 130 million dollar campaign.

Tiler Kiwi has issued a correction as of 08:49 on Aug 29, 2020

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
The Kruschev in a grocer moment is probably just a misremembering of another incident where Yeltsin went to a grocery store in 89

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/6kh3dw/ive_heard_that_yeltsin_was_famously_shocked_by/

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
put it in H

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Antonymous posted:

IIRC Nixon (as VP) did show Kruschev some stuff but Kruschev played it cool, even saying 'you think color TV impresses me well, I'm sorry to tell you we have color TV in the soviet union.' even though I think he didn't get how ubiquitous color TV was rather than simply having it

except about corn, corn blew his mind and he went back and had the planners draw up a huge corn strategy to get lots of corn into every home

something like that

edit: oh that reddit link talks about it, the kitchen debate

Ive got a matryoshka doll of all the soviet leaders + nicholas and yeltsin, and the kruschrev doll is depicted holding a big husk of corn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
yes