Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Lol just remembered about the time like 15 years ago where Steve Bannon grifted like 10 million off of chuds for the wall and then just spent it on a luxury yacht, but it all came crashing down the day he got captured by the postal navy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

When Trump announced Google had 1700 engineers working on a website to fix coronavirus and no one at Google knew wtf he was talking about.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

When the president of Poland gave Obama a copy of the Witcher as an example of his country's great contribution to world culture.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Tulip posted:

Liberal darling Andrew Cuomo dropping n-bombs during an attempt to complain about discrimination against Italian-Americans.

Boyfriend Cliff

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

The idea of being 1/3 or 1/4 or 1/1024 of any 'race' is just an absolute lunacy because there is no scientific concept of race and these ancestry dna things that tell you if you're 20% or 2% Jewish or Native or Black or whatever is pure snake oil.

Modern day phrenology but this time we measure arbitrary base pair sequences for smug costal liberals.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

When Erdogan tricked Trump into letting him do an ethnic cleansing and then when Trump realized he was tricked he wrote the "Don't be a tough guy! Don't be a fool! I will call you later." letter. Then Erdogan announced he threw the letter in the trash.

Ok the ethnic cleansing part wasn't funny but the rest of it was.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I probably shouldn't toss it around willy-nilly because some extremely online twitter types seem to be devising an extremely stupidpol ideology that mostly revolves around twitter blue checks being the ultimate cause of all agony and "pmc" is their little watchword and I wouldn't want to be lumped in with them

but otherwise it's nice shorthand for over-educated "woke" conservative democrats that launder their reactionary views in faux-academic idpol language

it's easier to type on a phone keyboard than petit bourgeois

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Cuomo has made, like, I think 3 insane posters including the covid one? Dude loves a good poster.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Here are the other two lol

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Tag urself. I'm "NY yogurt world's best".

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

Trump is gonna a get presidential library

All the books will have blank pages.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

vyelkin posted:

reminded me of that time meghan mccain was like "I live in New York and I'm terrified to go outside it's anarchy and chaos" and then somebody replied "lmao Meghan we live in the same building and it's fine you piece of poo poo"

It's even better, she wasn't even there. This was during the BLM riots over the summer and she was like "my city is an anarchist hellscape :qq:" and after her neighbor replied with that some people l looked into it and she had hosed off to a second home months ago. When outed about this she posted a bunch of "well this is what I SAW on social media..."

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Can't believe this thread brought up Warren and didn't post the Warren stan's "She's electable if you loving vote for her" bit. Just unbelievable amounts of self owns.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

sarah jeong show yourse--- oh, wait, right. :smith:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

This was less than a month ago but I just explained it to a coworker in a convo and laughed so...

https://twitter.com/AmazonHelp/status/1327654526963376128

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

DoubleDonut posted:

Palmer Luckey went from "the goofy VR guy" to "the guy that makes trump memes"

He's actually just a full on chud nazi now, still trying to do some 'virtual wall' grift last I heard.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

A finely aged tweet for the history books.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

getting this one marked down early:

https://twitter.com/Kevinliptakcnn/status/1341839451069267968

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the ron paul blimp

Ron Paul stroking out on some random podcast livestream.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1339720194718113794

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

El_Elegante posted:

said in 2006, hasn’t held office since

if he’d said it in 2016 he’d probably be a senator today

My mom was a facilities manager for a factory her company opened in Virginia when Allen was governor. They had him in for some PR tour and photo op, standard "look at the good jobs I made" for him, he says nice things about the company, no one mentions the tax incentives.

Anyway about halfway through the tour she gets a call from a security desk. They had called to complain that the governor had left a spit cup from his constant snuff dipping habit at the security station. Apparently it was disgusting and they really wanted to know if they had permission to throw it away and if not was someone going to come pick it up soon.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

The "anonymous Manhattan lesbian who is secretly voting for Trump" op-ed that was very obviously Bari Weiss.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Just remembered moot worked for Google for like 2 years on some vague job to make g+ a cool and succesful social media thing lol.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

update: apparently he still works there lmao.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

When John Roberts hosed up the words at Obama's first inauguration and the birthers thought he wasn't really president and they made him do it again later in the day.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ih1EuMLspY

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFYRkzznsc0

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

Just remembered that early covid announcement that said all the big corpos were gonna have testing sites and google would have an app and the app turned out to be like Do you have covid y/n

Trump went out on TV like "Google is gonna make an incredible website. It has 5000 engineers working on it. It's gonna be available very soon." and no one at Google had any idea what the gently caress he was talking about.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Hillary Clinton probably would have won and been president and the whole Trump era never would have happened if she didn't have terminal boomer tech brain and decide "two email addresses is so confusing! Just have everyone email work stuff to my personal account."

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Feldegast42 posted:

Didn't she also have that second email address so she could secretly whine about Obama to her lackies without it being foia'd

I mean she paid some lawyer god knows how much to go through all her emails one by one and classify them as relevant to SoS record keeping requirements or not, and send copies of the relevant ones to the State Department archivist or whatever.

If you wanted to keep stuff siloed from public records laws mixing work and personal email is the exact opposite of a good strategy and all her lackies were on the State Department system anyway. It was just total boomer brain "I have my blackberry setup the way I like it and it won't work with the state department, just email me at my normal address ugh."

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Which kind of Harry Potter hates trans people?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

David Cameron hosed a pig

I know emotions are high around Brexit but that's an impolite way to refer to the residents of the UK.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Feldegast42 posted:

In a nation that's chuddier than ever, Sarah Palin is still a pariah in it

She's a loser, and the Republican death cult hates nothing more than a loser.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

Neera tanden trying to become director of an obscure government office and eating poo poo

Not knowing who the gently caress Neera Tanden was before any of this but then spending two months watching everyone in the media breathlessly report on a bunch of extremely online people and their posting enemies.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Spazmo posted:

all the godawful gimmick twitter accounts like "ROGUE department of the interior" that sprang up back in 2016 and got tons of followers because people were desperate to believe that the gov't is full of noble dissidents who would stand up and say "NO" to the cheeto

I mean the fed govt has like a bajillion people that work for it. I just assumed all of those were run by the assistant undersecretary of paperclips for the Cincinnati regional district or something.

Interior seems like it's 50% cops and 50% nerds putting together forestry and trail management spreadsheets for a example.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

tinstaach posted:

lodestar

everyone thinking the guy that wrote that article was Mike Pence, and then he revealed himself and it was some loser nobody had ever heard of

The best part is when he got hired at Google as a bribe bagman government relations director a bunch of people internally tried to get him fired for working on the DHS "throw kids in prison camps" policy. HR had to create a new policy making it a fireable offence to call out another employee by name on the internal meme website, and memory hole a bunch of memes about him.

Just one of history's all time high score losers.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Mods??!?

It should be an automatic ban to post this image, because every time I see it I'm so incredibly owned.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI4ugfjcRvM

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Dick Cheney shot a guy in the face and the guy he shot apologized to him on national television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Charles Ingalls posted:

let he who wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this british (i.e pedo central) expat living in thailand was a pedo cast the first stone

I mean normally yeah but diving is a pretty big part of the non-sex tourism industry in Thailand.