Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
"One two many women on the show" jfc Gene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

https://www.afp.com/en/news/206/vanished-china-star-fan-last-social-responsibility-ranking-doc-1904681

quote:

China's highest paid movie star Fan Bingbing, who has not been seen in public since July, was placed last in an academic report ranking A-list celebrities on their social responsibility.

quote:

In the report by Beijing Normal University published earlier this month, 100 Chinese stars including popular actor Jackie Chan and award-winning actress Zhang Ziyi were ranked according to their professional work, charity work and personal integrity.

But with a pass requiring a score of more than 60 percent, only nine celebrities made the cut, with Chinese actor Xu Zheng topping the list at 78 percent.

Fan had a score of zero.

Orville predicted the future, it would seem. And by future I mean the present... :tinfoil:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Comrade Xi should bring the hammer down on some of our actors too imo.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
I spent way too much time figuring out which character she plays in the Orville.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

adhuin posted:

I spent way too much time figuring out which character she plays in the Orville.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Season 2 trailer is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lavy7qZ1aoo

I'm stoked

edit: oops guess this is old now and I just missed it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

big black turnout posted:

Season 2 trailer is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lavy7qZ1aoo

I'm stoked

edit: oops guess this is old now and I just missed it

Yeah it's old, but on rewatch it looks like the ship flattens out at the 1:25 point and I didnt notice that the first time. Back to 2d universe!

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
They're reusing shots from Season 1 in that trailer. I doubt 2D land shows up again.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I've missed this show so much. There's just no other scifi show occupying that TNG feel.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I was coming here to post this, except I didn't have a gif. Well done, sir.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Is that from Disenchantment?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

This year's Treehouse of Horror.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

PureRok posted:

They're reusing shots from Season 1 in that trailer. I doubt 2D land shows up again.

Somehow, I must have missed this episode. What ep do they go to 2D land?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Spiteski posted:

Somehow, I must have missed this episode. What ep do they go to 2D land?

Episode 11 "New Dimensions"

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I mean, yeah; Orville made me finally stop desperately wanting more Futurama.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Whalley posted:

I mean, yeah; Orville made me finally stop desperately wanting more Futurama.

The futurama tv movies did that for me

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah, the quality really went downhill.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The comedy Central seasons had some good episodes, but it was clear that it needed to end.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tunicate posted:

The futurama tv movies did that for me

Eh, THe second one was the worst, 3 and 4 were alright, and that should have been the end

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Futurama was never as good as the people who grew up to have meltdowns about Rick and Morty nugget sauce swore it was. It was fine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd rather have more Mission Hill than Futurama.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

The man in the hot pants speaks the truth!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

twistedmentat posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only person who saw that and it wasn't just a fever dream.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I never liked Futurama either. It had its moments occasionally but was never consistently funny

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Futurama was definitely pointed at a more niche audience. I think non-scientists and engineers got less out of the show than I do because they go down a lot of obscure rabbit holes without explaining every reference.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Tighclops posted:

I never liked Futurama either. It had its moments occasionally but was never consistently funny

I liked the jokes about weird future things, and "ancient" modern things. But just sticking a present-day person's head in a jar got tiresome. Coming up with future-y analogues to tell jokes about present people is passable, but the loving heads were overused.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Blindeye posted:

Futurama was definitely pointed at a more niche audience. I think non-scientists and engineers got less out of the show than I do because they go down a lot of obscure rabbit holes without explaining every reference.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Futurama

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I'd rather have more Mission Hill than almost any show to be honest; it was far too good.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
More proof that engineers should be locked away in a room somewhere with some paper and a pen and not allowed real contact with or commentary on the outside world

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
My unimportant vote on which cartoon should get 6 movies and a follow up season or two on comedy Central goes to either the Critic or Duckman. Followed by Mission Hill or Stroker and Hoop with mild interest in seeing what the Oblongs reboot might look like in 2018.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Sazabi posted:

My unimportant vote on which cartoon should get 6 movies and a follow up season or two on comedy Central goes to either the Critic or Duckman. Followed by Mission Hill or Stroker and Hoop with mild interest in seeing what the Oblongs reboot might look like in 2018.

Voted Duckman, The Critic was just a bougie proto-Family Guy

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Whalley posted:

I'd rather have more Mission Hill than almost any show to be honest; it was far too good.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

TheScott2K posted:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Futurama

I wouldn't say IQ, they just had lots of trivia hidden in it, as opposed to how Family Guy would end up dropping stuff in where even if you don't get the reference you know something is being dropped in.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tighclops posted:

I don't like you anymore

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TheScott2K posted:

Futurama was never as good as the people who grew up to have meltdowns about Rick and Morty nugget sauce swore it was. It was fine.

It's ok to not like Futurama, but let's not say things we can't take back.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Futurama, The Critic, and Duckman were all great shows. The Orville is also great.
On that note, only a little over 2 months until The Orville returns and live television is briefly worth watching again!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Peachfart posted:

Futurama, The Critic, and Duckman were all great shows. The Orville is also great.
On that note, only a little over 2 months until The Orville returns and live television is briefly worth watching again!

Followed hopefully not too long after by season 4 of The Expanse

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Peachfart posted:

Are you not watching the good place? You should be watching the good place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sazabi posted:

I have a very soft spot for The Critic, but I honestly don't think it would work as movies, and I think it already said everything it needed to say.