Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

We need no longer fear the banana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I thought this was good, even as a pilot. Given some time for the cast to gel this could be really good. McFarlanes love for Star Trek really shows.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

When Gordon chopped the Ogres head off was that Patrick Stewart doing the "you win"

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC-Toz6zw48

Holy gently caress Jeffery Tambor is playing Mercer's dad

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Every concern I had about this show has been addressed and I’m totally on board

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Snak posted:

Sisko once used biological weapons just to prove a point...

Between this and assasinating a Romulan senator, Sisko is objectively the best captain. With the best starship.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Shbobdb posted:

I really like how they made Skyler have the big rear end zit on her forehead throughout the episode.

Not only is she an Ex, she also has poor hygiene!

McFarlane is a class act all the way.

This is a remarkably stupid post, Jesus.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

That planet sure has embraced denim.

They’re going to planet Canada.

Unrelated but The Last Ship owns. It’s the standard TNG formula just on a naval ship and they’ve had as many as 4 captains onboard at one time.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Jazerus posted:

yes, i found the uselessness of upvotes to be odd; would you be arrested at 1 million downvotes if you had 50 million upvotes? how does a famous musician survive a bad album, or an actor a bad movie? an upvote-downvote balance system could have been a lot more interesting, maybe

on a somewhat related note, i wonder how close alara was to being arrested

Like she couldn’t just rip off handcuffs and punch a hole in anyone trying to arrest her.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

The Bloop posted:

I AM BORTUS

this is already great even if it's only an excuse for Seth to sing later on

YOU WILL BE SILENT :laffo:

I'm pretty sure people 3 apartments down heard me laughing at this

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Bortus is the motherfucking best

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Jazerus posted:

you sound like a fun person

He’s a neat guy

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

The only good thing about Generations is it led to that book where Kirk beats up every TNG character (including Worf in a Bat'leth fight) and then takes an all black Defiant class ship, renames it Enterprise, to then press the "All Borg Die" button on the Borg homeworld.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Can we make LaMarr's girlfriend a main character?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Kurieg posted:

I still say they need to have Bortus' parents show up played by Michael Dorn and Christopher Judge.

I would loving die holy poo poo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

"Can we have soda on the bridge?" is the line that cracks me up the most.

Favorite gag? Fire suppression panel.

Overall Bortus is the funniest though.

Fire suppression panel was good, but soy sauce damage report just slayed me

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Koalas March posted:

Craig T Nelson

Krang T Nelson

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I can't wait for this show to come back. I got an Alexa but changed the keyword to "Computer" so I want to see how often The Orville sets off the Alexa.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Davros1 posted:

More like Isaac and Claire!

I'm shipping the gently caress out of this now

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Hipster_Doofus posted:

I thought it was refreshingly subversive to start out an episode as basically Amok Time and then nope, actually they're barely even going to explore Bortus's biological need, and instead show us some very relatable, true-to-life things that happen to be going on during the trip to Moclus.

I had forgotten about John being a closet genius. Have they really done anything with that yet other than make him the engineer?

I think they can take some time before the episode about LaMarr being a creepy weirdo who makes holodeck doubles of real people so that he can pretend to experience the sexual event.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

You guys are assholes, Dann is just a chill guy who wants some elevator music.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Was that still Jason Alexander wandering around the bridge at the end or they just got a stocky double under the makeup?

He's showed up 3 times now as the bartender alien.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Can't argue this, the guy is literally satan

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

double nine posted:

no that's the other one.

I hope we get Sean as a Union Admiral

edit: And Janet

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Who do I talk to about having that framed?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

That battle was worthy of Goonfleet.

That entire scene gave me the same OH FUUUUUCCCCKKK intensity feeling EVE space fights did, good grief.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

evilmiera posted:

Moclans seem to have a real easy time getting addicted to things. And spreading that addiction around now, apparently.

I wonder what it'll be next?

Crystal meth

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Chubby Henparty posted:

When the door to the Orville bridge opened I was really hoping it would be Dann swinging around in the captain's chair all 'hi ya'll'. Maybe Bortus could have come in swinging from the side.

I wonder if they thought about swapping Talla and Alara's roles for the episode, but it wouldn't have been fair on the former as new core cast.

e: was the system they were originally going to hide in the hi tech zookeepers?

I was hoping it was going to be a re-creation of the original Bortus smoking in the Captain's chair.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Walter Bishop is my spirit animal

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Plus, you have to find all the cigarettes hidden throughout

Leave no pillowcase unturned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

sure okay posted:

I remember exactly 2 things about this show: The captain and XO being completely hungover after a night of binge drinking while the rest of the crew admires a giant sunrise in all their faces. Classic.

And second, the Jaloja (sp?) where Bortus yell-chants into the air while he pisses, much to the satisfaction of everyone watching.

Show owns I can't wait.

YOU WILL BE SILENT