Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Part of me wants this to be good the other part knows there's going to be a cheap racial joke in the first 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I know not a ton of people watched Dark Matter but Wheaton sucked all the entertainment out of the room every second he was on screen.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Problem with all the new movies is that nearly all the plots hinge on person-scale physical violence. All 3 movies end with a brutal fistfight which is idiotic for the scale and scope of a Trek plot. Kirk even kicks the reactor back into place in Into Darkness instead of fixing it like someone who isn't the lead in a 21st century action movie.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

whoops, wrong thread

qirex fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 23, 2018

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The CIA on American Dad is, if anything, more competent and less evil than the actual CIA.

Anyway, glad this is coming back and I'm hoping this season goes well, despite the "after football" timeslot that has killed so very many shows.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Bloop posted:

Its easier with an egg.

I enjoyed that moment a lot. That was definitely an uneven episode, my main complaint is it seems like they’re trying to set the new security chief apart from Alara by making her super aggro.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

This episode is amazing because Wesley manages to cockblock the whole 1000 people on the Enterprise from the planet of the white aerobics instructors with bad perms.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

If they wanted to get all cute with the scheduling wouldn’t the last episode have been ideal for Valentine’s Day? If they stay together onscreen for the rest of the season I could see them not being able to do that I guess.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Nothing will ever beat Community's "the human avatar of Subway gets fired for a finger up the butt."

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Pakled posted:

"What's your favorite Old Earth movie, Lieutenant?"

"Oh definitely Pokemon: Detective Pikachu, which came out worldwide on May 10, 2019!"

They'll record an alternate take with "now available on blu ray and digital" to drop in over the release date for syndication runs.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

CPColin posted:

Not-Alara wound the simulator back to time index 1701 :techno:

Was that the same New York backlot set they used in 90s Star Trek [frequently as San Francisco]? It’s definitely the same one as how I met your mother.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Bad pilot syndrome has killed many shows.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I enjoyed Gordon’s terrible catchphrases way too much, “time to wash your mouth out with Malloy” was genius.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I don't know the production order or how much warning they had that Alara's actress was leaving but they might have already had the whole season mapped out and didn't really have room to explore Talla's character much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Hot take: Moclans are a more interesting alien race than Klingons
The Klingons eventually got interesting on Deep Space 9 but the good stuff started 3 episodes from the series finale and ends with the worst succession ceremony in history. Then Discovery happened. I'd like Avenue 5 to be good but I don't think it's going to work.