Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
My older brother once trapped me in a toy chest for 7 hours while I screamed and panicked.

Huh, thinking back on it, that's probably why I'm somewhat claustrophobic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Once I got so mad at my brother for being a jerk that I put my foot through his bedroom door. Like, I kicked it hat hard. It ended up injuring me more, but he didn't have privacy for weeks.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I just watched the latest episode drunk off my rear end with my father. As awkward as you would expect. But, he is interested in watching more episodes.

Orville is a good show.

Covok
May 27, 2013

It's also worth noting Yaphit mentioned that it's rude to turn down sex in his culture so things are different.

Covok
May 27, 2013

A clown?

Covok
May 27, 2013

A loving clown?

Covok
May 27, 2013

gently caress fear monster morphing into fears.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Gordon ded

Covok
May 27, 2013

It was all a dream

Technically

Covok
May 27, 2013

Accretionist posted:

This means her parents calling her slow was real :smith:

Apparently they don't respect soldiers on their planet.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Davros1 posted:

People hate on Star Trek V, but the interactions of the characters with each other really make that movie to me.

What would fans need with character development?

Covok
May 27, 2013

I forget when it happened in the episode, but my mind flashback to the end of the Family Guy episode where Stewie kills Lois. At the end of that episode, it was revealed to all be a simulation. Stewie and Brian got into an argument over whether or not the audience would feel that it was a cop out. Considering he makes that show as well and considering he very strongly argued that an interesting story is all that matters, I figured out where this was heading.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

I just want to comment that whoever is inside the Isaac suit does a great job of emoting without any real facial features whatsoever.

Thank ancient Greece and the decision to you use mask acting. Our reverence for their culture has led to us adopting that and making a lot of techniques and even making it a required part of learning in many schools. Thus, acting in a full body suit with none of your features showing is just an extension of that acting exercise.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Did they announce the release date for season 2?

Covok
May 27, 2013

R-Type posted:

I try to separate actors's craftwork and performance from their views on politics, but when they chose to run their asinine tantrums in public, it makes it difficult to isolate the former mentioned qualities. Please shut up Seth and do the show you've worked so hard to get on screen. Don't ruin this.

You realize that Seth is saying it's wrong to tell people not to critically think, to a official statement from Fox News that was basically telling people not to look into what other stations were reporting on because they were all reporting on the fact that the Trump Administration was separating undocumented workers from their children and putting the children in camps where they were forced to live in tents by themselves without heating or Cooling and on bare minimum of food and water. I mean, when the government is literally doing concentration camps and you're telling people not to listen to the news reporting on that, I think it's a good thing to call bullshit and tell people they should look into the matter because the fact we have literal concentration camps for children is hosed up.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Boinks posted:

Whatever man, it's a free country.

Which country? Because America ain't free, mate. Don't know where you got that absurd notion. It's a nation where gerrymandering and "first past the post" and a house of representatives that hasn't been expanded in a century and an electoral college and intentional purging of voter rolls in counties with large minority population and the loss of voting rights when your arrested mixed with discriminatory policing of minority communities ensure that your say in governance is as limited as possible. And I didn't even get into things like how absurd medical pricing with no public options make you dependent on employers to live if you have any health condition and thus making you their slave.

Like, if you're straight, white, male, cis, have no disabilities or pre-existing conditions, and have an AGI of 200,000/year+ single or 400,000/year+ married then, yeah, it's pretty free, but it ain't even close for anyone else, mate.

Covok fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 23, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

PT6A posted:

Oh you did? Is it because you're congenitally insane, or just an awful loving sociopathic shitsack?

Seriously, I'm curious what sort of structural brain defects or deep, unfixable personality flaws would cause someone to vote for someone as stupid, venal, racist, sexist, and altogether miserable as Donald J. Trump.

It makes more sense when you consider that most people treat politics like a sport. As long as their team is winning their fine. It's a very strange thing, but it is how politics are done in America.

Actually, you can make a really good episode of the Orville about that. They treaded similar water with the episode about social media politics. They could do a great episode about a society where politics was literally a team sport and use it as a commentary on the United States politics system and two party system. That actually could be pretty loving good. I might actually write that because that can make a nice short story

Covok
May 27, 2013

I like the Orville more because I kind of miss when shows were more serialized. Or is it less serialized? Whichever means when each episode was standalone and would tell you a complete story in a single go. I don't like leaving things unfinished and its distracting. This is why I prefer to binge shows. The Orville is easier to keep up on because each episode is "complete" on its own.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

I hope we get more Krill this season, I'm pretty interested in where they're going with that. As far as I can tell, they desperately want to make peace with the Krill but it's embedded in their religion that Krill are meant to kill and enslave other alien races, so I wonder how they plan to solve that problem.

Depends. Seth MacFarlane is no fan of organized religion. And he's already done a "species evolves past religion to reach enlightenment" plotpoint in the season one finale. So, I'm thinking something like that.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I say give Alara's replacement five or so episodes. It's always awkward when a character is changed out so it takes longer to acclimate.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Beachcomber posted:

Doritos brand "nacho cheese" flavoured corn chips.

Krusty partially gelatinated non-dairy gum-based beverage

Covok
May 27, 2013

That was loving phenomenal.

Covok
May 27, 2013

They should have sent a poet

Covok
May 27, 2013

Accretionist posted:

They should go all outer limits/cosmic horror and have a species give humans transporter tech without telling them it's a combination fax machine-paper shredder.

DINOSAUR ALIENS, thank you :colbert:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Azhais posted:

That's a pretty mediocre smash up combo tbh

Dinosaurs are a very underwhelming deck. They are just big numbers. And that it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I'm staring out of respect.

Covok
May 27, 2013

That was a good episode. A bit of a downer. But a good episode.

Clyden it's such a piece of poo poo. Bortus should divorce him. I know what I said.

Covok fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 15, 2019

Covok
May 27, 2013

If the Union splits from the Moculans, then you know that Klyden is going to join the Moculans and Bortus will stay with the Orvile with their divorce being symbolic with the split.

Covok
May 27, 2013

To the people complaining about personal drama episodes, it's all but confirmed next week is part 1 of a big sci-fi adventure two parter.

Maybe they downplayed sci-fi adventure to build up to the two parter.

Also, did everyone forget All That Left In The World Is The Fishes? Essentially Enemy Mine meets The Orville?

Covok
May 27, 2013

swickles posted:

A first season episode of Family Guy has a toy called Baby Smokes-A-Lot.

There is a big difference from a joke toy in a cartoon where the episode is about how smoking companies manipulate people and are pure evil -- remember, the smoking company CEO literally shoots and kills a dog for fun in that episode -- and selling an actual, real toy that smokes.

Edit: Not that I think smoking companies are that comically evil -- though they are really bad--, but you get my point.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Somehow, the second they walked out the door I knew who it was going to be.

Covok
May 27, 2013

It reminded me of firefly for some reason.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Uh, is the Orville canceled? 'Cause it still hasn't been renewed yet.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I just heard the news! gently caress yea!

Covok
May 27, 2013

I enjoy this show of utopian sci-fi that doesn't have racist actors...as far as we know.

Covok
May 27, 2013

EKDS5k posted:

There was a lot of lovely drama behind the scenes, too. Like the actress who played Wade was apparently jealous that the new, more attractive member was getting paid more. When she asked for a raise the producers said "lol no actually you're fired." Then to write her character out they sent her off to a Cromag breeding camp to be raped and impregnated for the rest of her life.

They might have walked it back later I dunno the show had gone so far downhill by that point that I stopped watching.

Apparently, her brain was used as a supercomputer for an Earth invasion and they later confirmed she died, according to wikia. Not seeing anything about rape. Might have missed it.

Fake edit: Nevermind, that was her return after being sent to a breeder camp. You were right.

That's hosed up.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Also, they apparently found an Earth that killed Kromaggs with a genetically engineered super virus and then genocided the kromaggs on every Earth.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

They would screw it up and the pilot would be them sliding to another world, and then they have a season long arc in that world. Then in the season finale, they slide to a new world with a new problem and a cliffhanger and then it gets canceled because the people who liked sliders hated it, and the people who had never heard of sliders don't get why it's called sliders if they only stay in one world the whole season.

Holy s***, you're probably absolutely right.

Also, if you were going to play a Orville role-playing, would you use a game based on Star Trek or would you use a game based on Red Dwarf? Because both of them have games but they both suffer from being too far to one of the genres and Orville's kind of in the middle.

I'm leaving Star Trek since most of the comedy in Orville is character interactions and not some inherent silliness.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Season 3 plot twist incomming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

How do I go about sleeping until it's time for season 3?

A lot of alcohol and a lot of Next Generation reruns.