Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DancingShade posted:

I hope this show succeeds and completely displaces the rest of the ST franchise so the kind of nerds who get upset over the color of Kirk's shirt threads or the number of windows on the Enterprise can freak out and collapse on the ground, frothing at the mouth in fury.

They're going to argue the exact same things except about Orville

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Beachcomber posted:

I was all ready to tell you why Dukat is better than Trump when I remembered that he also has a daughter he wants to gently caress.

He's still way more eloquent though.

He has Bajoran fever, bad. And rang up Kira at 3 in the morning to say 'I hosed your mom'. And eventually became a near literal Satanist.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Yeah, won't argue that, they basically turned into flat out fantasy demons in Star Trek.

There is something to be said for the idea of crazy-rear end wormhole aliens who actually interact with the world for their own ineffable ends and don't even try to look good doing it like the Prophets, in a Lovecraftian way, but it ended up just being angels vs demons with Bajesus vs Anti-Christdassian.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Obviously he'll have to break out his skills to communicate with the Planet Of The Lounge Singers.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I think a lot of the hate is for later seasons of Family Guy, which I figured Seth had checked out of long ago aside from reading his lines.