Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...m=.417d48e31608

Pro-darwinist babies having themselves a good cry about no one wanting their weak gen-- err, i mean "white genocide"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Whats happening

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

moose face posted:

Whats happening

flannel-clad, mustached men are marchingin Charlotte, Virginia. Their claim is that society is complicit in what they call "white genocide".

Their understanding of the ongoing "catastrophe" is that they aren't getting poon to make babies, while everyone else is. they think this is going to wipe out the white race.

It's a meaningless demonstration that's blocking traffic and generating good pictures like this one:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

unpleasantly turgid posted:

flannel-clad, mustached men are marchingin Charlotte, Virginia. Their claim is that society is complicit in what they call "white genocide".

Their understanding of the ongoing "catastrophe" is that they aren't getting poon to make babies, while everyone else is. they think this is going to wipe out the white race.

It's a meaningless demonstration that's blocking traffic and generating good pictures like this one:

A rational person might say that's insane

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Lol

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Not to rain on the ol parade but they're not as incel as you might expect. they have a sisterwife waiting for them back in the doublewide and a brood waiting to be hatched.

source: lived in their lands and observed their customs for a few years.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Would have been a real shame if someone dropped a can of gas in the middle of that crowd.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

tetsuo posted:

Not to rain on the ol parade but they're not as incel as you might expect. they have a sisterwife waiting for them back in the doublewide and a brood waiting to be hatched.

source: lived in their lands and observed their customs for a few years.

The current array of broodlings don't count, they've been stored away to protect them from the gubbament swiping them and sending them to Martian child-slave colonies.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
b-b-b-but im superior :qq:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well they're mostly not incel so they've got that going for them

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
lmao, everyone knows that *smacks camera* is a reputable source
https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/896216429065850880

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
Torches, pitchforks, and neatly trimmed mustaches?

???

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
*reads a pamphlet entitled why you cant get laid*

*nods*

*mustache rustles*

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

These guys look like every creepy pervert Wil Forte has ever played.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

alt right is not nazis

defenitely not nazis

still not nazis

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
say aloha to high prices and aloha to bulk discounts at Tiki Hut!

Wolfman Nards
Apr 5, 2011

Weird. The alt-right podcast I listen to said that the dress code was supposed to be white polos only. They must have been talking about the dress code for Saturday's rally, not whatever this shitshow was supposed to be. The point was to put on a non-confrontational peaceful protest so they'd look better in the eyes of the media. This was the opposite of that.

I sympathize with the poor bastards though. Sure, they're a bunch of care-mad racist assholes, but their ultimate goal is just to balkanize the U.S into several smaller countries. Maybe if we're more than just one hegemonic country we'll stop murdering people around the world.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

All the photos and I've only seen two women amongst all the men.

Also should be noted, school's currently out. They're doing this under cover of darkness on an empty campus.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

gary oldmans diary posted:

say aloha to high prices and aloha to bulk discounts at Tiki Hut!

lmao

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme

LabyaMynora posted:

All the photos and I've only seen two women amongst all the men.

Also should be noted, school's currently out. They're doing this under cover of darkness on an empty campus.

The 2 women who showed up were explicitly told they weren't allowed to hold their gay torches

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Even when the KKK ruled the South in the early 20th century, they drat well knew to hide their faces. Hope none of these dudes planned on being employed by anyone outside of their extended family!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

LabyaMynora posted:

Even when the KKK ruled the South in the early 20th century, they drat well knew to hide their faces. Hope none of these dudes planned on being employed by anyone outside of their extended family!

I'm sure they'll find a police force to work for.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

I'd make white babies with that guy

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
if you told me this was a take back the night rally for accountants i would’ve believed you. what a bunch of dweebs.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
race-mixing is good, the same way that mutts are healthier than pure-breds. every responsible person should seek a mate of a different race

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Old Story posted:

race-mixing is good, the same way that mutts are healthier than pure-breds. every responsible person should seek a mate of a different race

That and part of what a warmer future has in store is a thinner ozone layer. I deeply enjoy telling people that white skin is doomed due to crazy cancer rates and if they want successful descendants to get to miscegenating.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Black is beautiful

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Anchorman 3 lookin' good

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
These look like perfect subjects to perform my test cuts upon!

*draws hanzo steel*

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

*thinks my genes are the only ones worth passing on*

*also recognises that no one will sleep with me if even a single minority is around*

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
[quote="“The Groper”" post="“475290865”"]
That and part of what a warmer future has in store is a thinner ozone layer. I deeply enjoy telling people that white skin is doomed due to crazy cancer rates and if they want successful descendants to get to miscegenating.
[/quote]

despite superior numbers we gave up trying to outfight or outthink the white devil....

just few hundred years and the sun will win this war for us... UNTIL.... THEY JUST PUT ON MORE CLOTHES!!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

rezatahs posted:

despite superior numbers we gave up trying to outfight or outthink the white devil....

just few hundred years and the sun will win this war for us... UNTIL.... THEY JUST PUT ON MORE CLOTHES!!!

In an ultimate twist of irony, future purebred whites will be forced to wear burqas by Solaria Law

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Some background on the statue these Nazis are protesting the removal of

Slate - How Charlottesville, Virginia’s Confederate statues helped decimate the city’s historically successful black communities. posted:

In June a resolution to rename Charlottesville’s two Confederate parks was passed by the Charlottesville City Council unanimously. Lee Park, the home of a controversial Robert E. Lee statue that the council previously voted to remove, will become Emancipation Park, and Jackson Park, the home of a statue of Stonewall Jackson, will become Justice Park. Meanwhile, locals are working on ways to counteract a Ku Klux Klan rally, proposed for July 8, and an alt-right March on Charlottesville headed by Richard Spencer, proposed for Aug. 12, at the site of the Lee statue’s eventual removal.

On May 13, University of Virginia alum and alt-right activist Spencer led a nighttime rally in Lee Park in protest of the council’s plan to remove the statue. This protest brought national attention to the battle between local activists and the outside alt-right and white nationalist forces whose actions drew comparisons to the Klan.

What has been missing from this fight, though, is the specific history of Charlottesville’s Confederate statues is intimately tied to Charlottesville’s city planning projects and its persistent displacement of black residents, The statues of Jackson and Lee not only symbolize the violence of the ongoing displacements of gentrification; they also initiated and facilitated these changes when they were first put up. Strategically erecting these symbols of the Confederacy at the edges of or atop black and nonwhite immigrant communities provided Charlottesville’s white elite with a means of physically buttressing their ever-fragile hold of white supremacy.

Lee’s statue was unveiled before thousands of attendees on May 21, 1924, during a two-day gathering of the Sons of the Confederacy at which the city also saw KKK agitation. With the University of Virginia President Edwin Alderman giving the statue’s dedication before several Confederate memorial groups, the ceremony represented a partnership between the state university and national organizations of the Confederacy in the monumentalization of the Lost Cause.

While mob violence occurred relatively infrequently in the Shenandoah Valley, lynchings elsewhere in Virginia and the rest of the country were often a reaction to black economic success that counteracted white supremacist theories. Charlottesville’s thriving black neighborhood, Vinegar Hill, was a prime example of one of these successful communities. The Lee statue, which was erected just a few blocks from Vinegar Hill, sent an obvious message to residents: Public space, public institutions, and public success are not for you.

The Jackson statue, meanwhile, was dedicated in Charlottesville’s Court Square in 1921 during the year’s reunion of the Confederate Veterans and the Daughters of the Confederacy. Depicting Jackson riding his horse into battle, the monument was unveiled from underneath a massive Confederate flag with 5,000 Confederate-nostalgic revelers looking on.

This monument to Jackson lies atop what was once a majority-black area known as McKee Row. In 1914, the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors confiscated the land from its black residents and granted it to the city. The city justified its action by noting its concern about the “rowdy” activity from McKee Row interfering with the Levy Opera showgoers. It also cited concern regarding the presence of young, presumably white, men “slumming” through the McKee Row neighborhood.

To emphasize its punitive role vis-à-vis the black community, the statue itself was built over the former location of the Charlottesville jail. Panoptic and stern, the statue’s function was made clear in its position proximal to the former location of a whipping post.

Throughout the 20th century, the city of Charlottesville has precipitated multiple waves of urban renewal or gentrification. As James Baldwin put it, these sorts of efforts were actually more like “Negro removal.” The planning projects displaced black residents not only from their homes and communities, but from their businesses, their sources of wealth, and their proximity to institutions of socio-political power.

Installing Confederate monuments helped to facilitate and buttress these displacements both physically—by razing and demarcating the borders of black neighborhoods—and ideologically—by marking areas of political and financial power as part of the ideology of the Lost Cause. In the decades after the erection of the Lee statue, the best-known casualty in Charlottesville was Vinegar Hill.

A vibrant black neighborhood and business district effectively connecting the downtown mall to the University of Virginia, it was marked as “blighted” and completely razed in an urban renewal project in the mid-1960s. Its sole civic memorial is a small plaque at knee-height, obscured by potted vegetation, at the west end of the downtown mall shopping district. Its message, “Today Vinegar Hill is just a memory,” is a mere salve, while the Lee and Jackson statues are perpetual wounds.

The ongoing whitelash against removal of the Confederate statues doesn’t necessarily reflect the strength of white supremacy today. It is rather a sign of its enormous fragility. It is a sign that those who seek justice can win. Perhaps not all at once and almost certainly not once and for all. Recognizing not just the historic symbolism of these statues, but also their practical effects is a good first step.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

We need to assemble a black bloc and starting punching them down. It's the right thing to do.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

That's their outfit? Are they trying to make people think they work in a bath supply store or something??

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i love all teh guys taking selfies during their white power march

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
what an incredibly boring looking bunch of people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

nomadologique posted:

what an incredibly boring looking bunch of people
I mean, heck, somehow they're managing to offend people, which I guess is maybe their goal? I don't think I could walk by those guys without yawning.

• Locked thread