Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
umop apisdn
May 22, 2003
upside down
Of course the Jags would sit Fournette this morning after saying all week that he would play... and of course I would be too busy at work to pull him out.

So much for the undefeated season...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I was surprised you hadn't picked up Ivory just in case, looks like Gurley's trying to make up for it though

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
That Russ to Graham TD at the end there made things interesting...

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Still pretty confident I played the right defense (Vikings over Ravens)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
You smell that?

That smells like a win baby...

Time to make my move now that everyone is sleeping on my team.

Or lose another 7 before I win again.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I’m straight up not going to break 50 points this week. Holy poo poo.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Avenged posted:

I’m straight up not going to break 50 points this week. Holy poo poo.

I appreciate you, Thielen, and Goff moving my winning streak to 2.

That comeback smell is getting stronger. lol

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

I appreciate you, Thielen, and Goff moving my winning streak to 2.

That comeback smell is getting stronger. lol

It was looking decent for like the first hour of football today. But no man should ever have to decide between Eli and Dalton for a QB. Unless it was like two years ago.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Avenged posted:

But no man should ever have to decide between Eli and Dalton for a QB. Unless it was like two years ago.

poo poo, I had to put a waiver claim in for Josh McCown when it turns out the smart move was actually grabbing Case Keenum.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
No way

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
Garbage time Landry TD sinks me...drat it Jay Cutler, throw it to literally anyone else you rear end.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Oh yah not in last place anymore overall. Now it's time to upset Baldrash, win the final week, and become the winningest loser, or the loserest winner? Either way I'm going for that consolation championship!!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Well my team decided to not suck too late in the season, but I enjoyed it and hoping I can get that consolation case of beer.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Alright ya'll, just a quick update.

:supaburn::siren:THE PLAYOFFS and consolation bracket HAVE BEGUN!:siren::supaburn:

The following gladiators have fought hard all season and been awarded for their troubles with the solemn right to enter the playoff arena, where they shall battle for many boxes of malted beverages:
#1 seed: The One Trubrewski née umop apisdn, 12-1 record and first round bye
#2 seed: Blasting Tapes née dphi, 8-5 record and first round bye
#3 seed: Eat, Drink, and D. Murray née Mikey Purp, 8-5 record
#4 seed: AlexSmith Checkdown Stout née spacejung, 7-6 record :siren:also front runner for Highest Single Game Score Award with 159.8 scored in week 7.:siren:
#5 seed: OAK-Style Skittles IPA née Zam, 7-6 record
#6 seed: Jay A-Jai Alai née Catfish Noodlin, 7-6 record

Just as a refresher, here's the prize distribution:
Winner: 5 Boxes of Beer

2nd Place: 3 Boxes of Beer

3rd Place: 2 Boxes of Beer

Highest Single Game Point Total: 1 Box of Beer

Winner of the Loser's Bracket: 1 Box of Beer

Good luck to everyone, and thanks for an awesome season up to this point! You should all start gathering your whales so that the prize exchange BIF pops off in an orderly fashion once all is said and done.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 5, 2017

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I've never been in a position where I'd have been at least tempted to tank until this weekend, as my team is clearly better built for the consolation bracket to say the least.

At least my team will die doing what I loved, trying to find implausible lottery tickets.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Thankful for the bye, my team feels like it's been on a downward trend

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Oh, sup Kareem Hunt on my bench

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I'm thankful to have dodged that bullet, but Rivers and Allen both making GBS threads the bed are not doing me any favors either.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
This week's lesson, do the opposite of what I think I should do

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Good game umop apisdn.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Zam posted:

Good game umop apisdn.

Better hope for no stat corrections!

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yikes what a game! I look forward to seeing you in the championship match, Zam.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

E: nm, next week's matchup will determine 3rd place.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 18, 2017

umop apisdn
May 22, 2003
upside down
Wow. After that season, to come short of the championship by .5 points. I’m not even mad... just defeated.

umop apisdn
May 22, 2003
upside down

Mikey Purp posted:

Also, style points to spacejung, who locked up third place even with an IR'ed Carson Wentz as his starting QB. That puts spacejung in the money for 2 boxes of beer, plus he still holds the highest single game point total prize which bumps him up to 3 boxes, assuming no one tops 159.8 points next week.

I’m confused how you calculate 3rd place in this league? In other leagues I’ve been in it’s been typically the winner of the consolation game?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yeah, sorry I'm a moron. Editted my post above, but third place is still to be determined based on the outcome of your game with dphi.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Gimme a box anyway that was cool. I would have come close to my points record if I started Foles

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Hey dudes, just wanted to write a quick post to congratulate the winner of ISO:FT season 4...it's uh... oh poo poo it's me! gently caress yeah, it's me! I'd like to thank Le'veon Bell and Alvin Kamara for carrying me all season.

Congrats to our other winners, too:
Zam - second place
Umop - third place
Highest game score - spacejung
Winner loser's bracket - baldrash

Nice work to everyone and thanks for an awesome season. I will confirm everyone's email addresses and do an effort post after new years to work out the shipping assignments and timelines.

Lastly, it should go without saying but please don't be a shitlord and forget the solemn promise that you made at the beginning of the season to live up to your end of the bargain. Even if you didn't end the season in the money this year, it's still a good feeling to wow someone else with a dope box of beers. :cheers:

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Thanks for putting in the work as commish!

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Mikey Purp posted:

Hey dudes, just wanted to write a quick post to congratulate the winner of ISO:FT season 4...it's uh... oh poo poo it's me! gently caress yeah, it's me! I'd like to thank Le'veon Bell and Alvin Kamara for carrying me all season.

Congrats to our other winners, too:
Zam - second place
Umop - third place
Highest game score - spacejung
Winner loser's bracket - baldrash

Nice work to everyone and thanks for an awesome season. I will confirm everyone's email addresses and do an effort post after new years to work out the shipping assignments and timelines.

Lastly, it should go without saying but please don't be a shitlord and forget the solemn promise that you made at the beginning of the season to live up to your end of the bargain. Even if you didn't end the season in the money this year, it's still a good feeling to wow someone else with a dope box of beers. :cheers:

I knew I had an uphill battle against Bell and Kamara, and luckily nobody decided to show up to help (looking at you Crabtree and Theo).

Thanks for running everything this year, and cheers to everyone for playing! Look forward to shipping out and prepping for next year.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Should we be filling out the Google form even if we are pathetic losers?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Hey guys, I just sent out a form to confirm everyone's email address and shipping info. If you haven't received it, let me know.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Should we be filling out the Google form even if we are pathetic losers?

Good point. I would still like everyone to confirm their contact info and to let me know if weather will be a factor in sending/receiving beers, but that's about it. I've adjusted the required answers so you can skip putting in your address or whatever if you want.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
People receiving beers, please post your untappd profile if you have/use one, thanks!

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
Yay, I actually won beer this year!

Form submitted. I put my Untappd in the submission, but it's also here if anyone wants to friend me: https://untappd.com/user/Baldrash

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Just waiting on 4 more guys to fill out the survey. Assuming we get all of those in by tomorrow, I'll start arranging the BIF and send out shipping assignments over the weekend.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Ok finally got mine. Sorry long year so far

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

All shipping assignments have just gone out via email. Please let me know if you didn't receive one.

I randomized the list while doing my best to make sure that two people weren't shipping to each other and that each recipient was matched with as many people who were outside their region as possible. Hopefully this leads to each of the winners getting stuff that they can't find locally. Here's how it broke down:

pre:
Recipient                  Shipper(s)
Mikey Purp      <----      hatfulofhollow, Catfish Noodlin, Retemnav, umop apisdn, dphi
Zam             <----      Mikey Purp, Alfalfa, veritek83
umop apisdn     <----      Baldrash, spacejung
Baldrash        <----      Zam
spacejung       <----      Avenged
If anyone has any questions, please reply in thread or reply to my shipping assignment email. I think it's also a good idea to set a deadline for everyone to receive their boxes. Should we say by the Super Bowl (February 4th)? That gives everyone about a month, and we can make exceptions if there are any winners who don't want to receive beer right now due to weather.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 8, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zam - just sent you a PM, but hope to have the box completed and shipped out by 1/27 the latest.

If there is any type of beer you really don't want, let me know and I'll avoid it buy nothing but that since you beat me.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Just dropped Mikey Purp's box off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I've sent my box out to Mikey Purp as well.

• Locked thread