Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

For some reason the thing that came up in my head when the screenshots showed Ragnar Homsar forgetting her Ariadne Thread was that meme from Xenoblade 2 where that soldier guy kept on going, "THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME? DON'T FORGET ME!"

I'd like to imagine now that that's what an Ariadne Thread at home is saying to itself when it's forgotten. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Making sure this doesn't fall into Archives.

Storm Emperor update's coming soon, don't worry!

Oublietteer
Jul 30, 2018

Is that you, Edea Lee?
I was debating bumping it, glad I didn’t have to.

Might as well ask, I started playing the story mode, how do they do in The postgame?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Oublietteer posted:

I was debating bumping it, glad I didn’t have to.

Might as well ask, I started playing the story mode, how do they do in The postgame?

It has a Protector, and honestly that's the only real necessity for the postgame. Doesn't hurt to have Highlander and Gunner, too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
You can also load Arthur up with some really good grimoire abilities in the postgame that are better than his formulas. They're TP intensive, though.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Story mode has huge issues with random encounters (though that's true of the entire game), but they can shred bosses with the right setups.

Oublietteer
Jul 30, 2018

Is that you, Edea Lee?
Good to know it’s feasible, if/when I get there.

I took a break from it for a while, so no idea when I’ll reach the postgame. I’m still getting an EO-esque fix from PQ, and soon PQ2. I think EO4 is my favorite, so it’s nice to have a game that is similar yet different to it.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Update 42.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
That Ecstasy miss is the essence of Dark Hunter in EOU - they have high damage potential but its so drat hard to ever actually land it.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I always liked the idea that the Barbel is what makes a whip. I'm just kind of imagining using part of the Storm Emperor's mustache as the whip :v:

Anyways, I completely forgot we were fighting the Storm Emperor here and sort of realized that the Storm Emperor is a Lightning dragon, we're in Lost Shinjuku where everything is working somehow. I'm choosing to believe they captured the Storm Emperor and was using it as a living battery for everything in the 5th Stratum, like the Elevators and I believe there was one instance of a refrigerator still working.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
These post game bosses are totally obnoxious. I know any kind of post game is supposed to be challenging, but this is almost unfun!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I remember turning on Picnic for the entirety of Claret Hollows and its quests. I regret nothing.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 12:44 on May 23, 2019

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Glad I found this thread after dipping back into the LP forum, I loved the last EO lp thread and this one is just as good. Been catching up and hit update 25 only to find a bunch of broken images of screenshots! Figured I'd let Ragnar know in case they wanted to take a look. I look forward to seeing how bullshit the postgame is.

edit: I am a doofus and it was just my phone not fully loading things. No broken images huzzah!

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 31, 2019

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Update 43.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh boy, Depth Dancers. Everyone's favorite FOE. :shepicide:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Terror Sting's Grimoire data image doesn't show. Trying to follow the link just gives an error message.

Malah
May 18, 2015

I just found this. Very cool thread and LP!

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Hi! It's been almost four months without an update here, and that bugs the poo poo out of me!

I do have all of the footage up to the end of the LP recorded, I just need to write updates. I'll be doing that concurrently with getting my new LP of Fire Emblem: Three Houses going.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Story Update 12.

Wow! It's been almost a year since I updated this! That is loving atrocious! Time to publish the rest of the story part of the LP, which Araxxor and Crosspeice have very graciously done.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh hey, I didn't expect this RP to suddenly come back. Yay, more EO!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, I finished the rest of the story LP under the course of a month 3 months ago. (Would not recommend doing so for any LP. Still recovering from LP burnout to this very day.) So all that's left now is for her to post the rest of the parts.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ah dammit the random comments I spewed out rapid fire that I don't even really remember are gonna become public. Neat!

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
Millenium Girl is a remake of the very first EO - so when the mission to map B11F and B12F was first devised there weren't any precedents it could break. But in hindsight this mission is a nice bit of incidential story telling because other games in the franchise don't give you a mission to map floors in the middle of the labyrinth.
The tutorials want you to map part of the first floor as a test and in EOV and EON your maps get archived - but no other government goes out of their way to issue such a mission. The other governments treat their labyrinth as a tourist attraction or want to find something very specific inside the labyrinth - so compared to what came after the first game the Radha seems to be uncharacteristically interested in the labyrinth itself.
And from the classic run we know why that is.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Story Update 13.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
What a beautiful fight. It's great seeing Queen Ant get squashed like this.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Story Update 14.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Story Update 15.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

This is the point where monster skills start to get super good as you can see from Queen's Verdict and Flood. A shame monster skills are locked behind the utter mess that is EOU's grimoire system, as they're actually really interesting in Untold compared to Untold 2! There are a lot more skills that are significantly worthwhile to pick up (and not just from bosses either, enemies can have some really good ones.) Not only do some of them have their own unique effects or can patch up holes in certain parties, but remember that because they're Grimoire exclusive, they don't require you to spend precious SP! Because of that, that boon can easily make up for monster skills not being as good as player skills in terms of raw statstical power.

Unfortunately there's still the massive downside of them being locked behind massive amounts of RNG. At best you have a 30%+ chance of snatching their skills onto a grimoire stone if you time it so a Hunting Horn is used on the skill you want to snag. Still, I try to make sure to show off the potential this system could really have in this LP if you could actually have control over it. A shame it was implemented horribly, as it really could have been an interesting system to interact with.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Grimoire System is really fun once you get it working. Unfortunately, in order to get it working, you have to actually work at it and :shepicide:

I spent far too many hours trying to get the perfect Grimoire builds on my characters because there's no way to tell when you get a Level 10 ability or not, let alone the ability you want.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I shake my fist at you and your Grimoire luck :argh:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Keep shaking that fist, as an EU player without item duping, I get mad!

werbear
Jan 14, 2017

quote:

Dude, look! That fish is walking around on the ground!

This one got me. That main character name is still great even in fish dialogue.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The Grimoire System is really fun once you get it working. Unfortunately, in order to get it working, you have to actually work at it and :shepicide:

I spent far too many hours trying to get the perfect Grimoire builds on my characters because there's no way to tell when you get a Level 10 ability or not, let alone the ability you want.

I tried looking into that mess of formulae that was discovered about the generation system a while back to get a better understanding of it and uhhhh. I could only understand part of it.

After a Grimoire Stone is generated, first it rolls for the number of skills, up to 7. Then it randomly picks the skills to go on the stone, with higher weight being given to ones used on the same turn as a Grimoire Chance. Oh what's that, you wanted a passive? Yeah screw you, they don't get the additional rigging in their favor.

Then it generates the level of each skill, and it's really kinda lopsided. Basically the way the formula works is that it rolls for each skill up to 9 times. Every successful roll adds on +1 to the level, up to a maximum of 10. The game cannot generate a grimoire with skills that flat out do not exist in the battle. So you can't get a level 10 Double Shot if it's only at level 5. It'll be capped to that. However, with each successful roll, the chances of the next one succeeding goes down. Oh and your best chances of getting a level 10 are affected by the number of slots you rolled. More skills being generated on the grimoire tanks the chances of said skills being high leveled.

Every 25 SP you invest into a character increases the chances of the grimoire being higher quality. At least level wise. I haven't looked at slots in detail..

Now the data I'm showing is only for if the stone generated only 1 skill. 2 or more skills basically ruins your chances of seeing a high level skill. So the chances of succeeding a number of rolls are as follows:

quote:

SP threshold 1 (0-24):

Level 1: Guaranteed
Level 2: 83.3%
Level 3: 62.475%
Level 4: 41.65%
Level 5: 24.21%
Level 6: 12.1%
Level 7: 5.04%
Level 8: 1.68%
Level 9: 0.42%
Level 10: 0.07%

SP threshold 2 (25-49):

Level 2: Guaranteed
Level 3: Guaranteed
Level 4: Guaranteed
Level 5: Guaranteed
Level 6: Guaranteed
Level 7: 83.2%
Level 8: 55.4%
Level 9: 27.7%
Level 10: 9.2%

SP threshold 3 (50-74):

Level 7: Guaranteed
Level 8: 99.7%
Level 9: 49.85%
Level 10: 24.8253%

SP threshold 4 (75-99):

Level 8: Guaranteed
Level 9: Guaranteed
Level 10: 66.4%

SP threshold 5 (100-112):

Level 9: Guaranteed
Level 10: 83.08%

Yeah the chances of getting high leveled skills on a grimoire early on are not happening. However, sometimes you can get lucky, and get a bigger boost to your chances. And Extreme Grimoire Quality can help you get lucky more often (at the cost of sacrificing average rolls for very bad rolls.)

For the good chances:

quote:

SP threshold 2 (25-49):

Level 7: 95%
Level 8: 76%
Level 9: 49.4%
Level 10: 24.7%

SP threshold 3 (50-74):

Level 9: 97.6%
Level 10: 72.07%

SP thresholds 4 to 5 (75-112):

You are guaranteed to get a level 10 skill.

And for the very good chances:

quote:

SP threshold 2 (25-49):

Level 9: 95%
Level 10: 79.4%

SP thresholds 3 to 5 (50-112):

You are guaranteed to get a level 10 skill.

That's a huge world of difference, and really makes that "bad" attribute (It's honestly more neutral if anything, but the game doesn't really have a category for that) really appealing for skill hunting.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

A few of the menus in the last update weren't working well for me, and a couple of things were incomplete or missing.

Aquatic Butcher:
-No skills list
-Grimoire skills list doesn't close
-Conditional Drop doesn't list condition

Creeping Death:
-Skills disappears upon trying to open
-AI doesn't open

Corotrangul: none of the menus work (Skills and Grimoire Skills only show short descriptions, AI shows both short and long)

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Blaze Dragon posted:

A few of the menus in the last update weren't working well for me, and a couple of things were incomplete or missing.

Aquatic Butcher:
-No skills list
-Grimoire skills list doesn't close

Creeping Death:
-Skills disappears upon trying to open
-AI doesn't open

Corotrangul: none of the menus work (Skills and Grimoire Skills only show short descriptions, AI shows both short and long)

I so badly hate my past self for making the EOU JavaScript really janky and needing of manual attention. I'll fix that when I'm off work.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Aquatic Butcher:

This one is an error on my end as I forgot to put it in the writeup when I was adjusting these as I put them in the updates, but as the name of the item indicates, it's kill with volt.

Also screw sub-100% drop rates on mini-boss type FOEs.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 11, 2020

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Story Update 16.

Rea fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 13, 2020

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Purge them all, my children.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
I once tried to get an EOU classic run with 100% codex completion without importing the entire 100% from a story playthrough. So my in hindsight pretty optimistic plan was to just beat the 5th stratum with the story party, get all the Gladsheim enemies and drops, NG+ into classic and then complete the game and the codex.
Sadly I managed to miss the Voracious Kings we see in this update, leaving me with a 99% codex that could not be completed because Gladsheim can only be seen by Highlander eyes.

There are two broken image links below the line "You follow Ricky's advice and approach the terminal before you." although I don't think there are actually any images missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

werbear posted:

There are two broken image links below the line "You follow Ricky's advice and approach the terminal before you." although I don't think there are actually any images missing.

That's a clyp.it link, clicking it sends you to a 404 page, https://rhematic.net/%22https://clyp.it/fatg0lzz?token=b0db81410b4c8940e093a23eeae09698%5C%22

Also the skills/AI expansion buttons for both Voracious King and Gudanna don't work.