Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

IdealFlaws posted:

I also liked Dishonored 1 way more than 2. The story was more interesting
Same. I just don't care that much about Delilah, she was already the villain for the Daud DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
Demon's souls best souls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Major Isoor posted:

I know it's not quite what the OP is about, but I felt kinda like this about the jump from Age of Empires II to Age of Empires III. I don't know what, but it just wasn't the same. AoE2 was so good, and the third game just somehow lost that feeling.
(For the record, I quite liked Age of Mythology, but kinda treated/thought of it as being 'different' to AoE2. I guess that might be why I'm not so keen on AoE3, as it calls itself an AoE game, but is much more like AoM)

well check this out https://twitter.com/AgeOfEmpires/st...D127%23lastpost

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

By the people who brought us games such as Dawn of War 3 and Company of Heroes 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Plutonis posted:

By the people who brought us games such as Dawn of War 3 and Company of Heroes 2

:/

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Oh, yes!

Plutonis posted:

...oh, drat.

Yeah, hopefully they pull this off. Odd that it's being made by Relic, although they did make Impossible Creatures for Microsoft, so I guess they must still have some kind of agreement/deal in place. I hope it comes out on Steam too, since after seeing these posts, I checked and apparently they're (initially, at least) bringing it out on the Win10 store.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
im still mad about ragnarok online 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

to relic's credit, they managed to balance out the obvious pay2win commanders and broken units in coh2 only a few months after everyone stopped playing it

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Doom 1 had maps that flowed much better than Doom 2. I exclude Ultimate Doom's mostly fan-made 4th episode, because it has other problems regarding level design.

The super shotgun made up for many things, but I still think Doom 1 is better in regards to how the game plays and the levels unfold/flow.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Hotline Miami is one of my favorite games of all time but I couldn't even finish the sequel. The devs clearly had no idea what made the original great and made a complete mess with only superficial resemblance to HM.

This

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Civ IV to V was a dreadful leap and VI still looks terrible

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

Coffee Mugshot posted:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Defense grid 2 was worse than 1, the shield neutralizing add on took a lot of the strategy out of it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

I forgot VI existed until just now

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

roomforthetuna posted:

Ultima 4 and 5 were the best, 6 was okay, 7 would have been the best if it had been the old engine because the plot was brilliant but the semi-realtime engine was just loving awful, 8 was a different genre entirely, and 9 bluuuuugh.

goferchan posted:

oh poo poo speaking of PSP Patapon 3 was a tragedy . #2 got a little grinder than the first game but also made a lot of improvements, 3 just ruined everything with a focus on co-op and getting rid of most of the unit management to just focus on a player hero unit .

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

burnout 3 was distilled arcade racing awesomeness with fantastic local multiplayer
burnout paradise was a piece of garbage for friendless stay at home NEETs with online only

Plutonis posted:

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Quake

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It was briefly mentioned earlier but Company of Heroes should be brought up here.

The first game is all-around great and one of my favorite RTS games, and I was super stoked for 2, but it ended up being kind of a letdown. The campaign mostly sucked a bunch (with the exception of 3 or so missions) and was filled with enough inaccuracies that it made Enemy At The Gates look like a serious war documentary. The multiplayer, as was mentioned earlier, was completely broken from the ground up for a long time by faction imbalances and Pay2Win commander skill sets. The DLC campaign ended up being okay, but it wasn't even on the eastern front WTF.... the co op missions are pretty fun though, so at least there's that.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

theres still never been a better Street Fighter than II

street fighter 2 vanilla can go to hell! die!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

No bad sequel pains me more than FEAR 2

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

an actual dog posted:

No bad sequel pains me more than FEAR 2

Yeah. Fear 3 is better than 2 but still not nearly as good as fear 1

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It was briefly mentioned earlier but Company of Heroes should be brought up here.

The first game is all-around great and one of my favorite RTS games, and I was super stoked for 2, but it ended up being kind of a letdown. The campaign mostly sucked a bunch (with the exception of 3 or so missions) and was filled with enough inaccuracies that it made Enemy At The Gates look like a serious war documentary. The multiplayer, as was mentioned earlier, was completely broken from the ground up for a long time by faction imbalances and Pay2Win commander skill sets. The DLC campaign ended up being okay, but it wasn't even on the eastern front WTF.... the co op missions are pretty fun though, so at least there's that.

Was Oberkommando West actually broken as poo poo or was I just a baby? Cause I loving hated playing against any OKW people

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

klapman posted:

Was Oberkommando West actually broken as poo poo or was I just a baby? Cause I loving hated playing against any OKW people

they had several units that were absurd

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It was immensely, comically overpowered for months after its launch, yes

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Tried to come up with a funny overly exaggerated response to that but now I'm thinking back to all my matches against Oberkommando West and getting genuinely upset

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It was immensely, comically overpowered for months after its launch, yes

one of the first units, the kubelwagon scout car, was cheaper than an infantry squad and could easily engage other infantry squads 2v1 and win because it suppressed the poo poo out of soldiers, it was basically a flying heavy mg that was always deployed

once the obersoldaten came out if the enemy could even make it that far, it was over. almost completely invincible, fast infantry unit that shredded everything and i think even their grenades would take big chunks of health off heavy armor. they really thought this was fine for months and thought people would just learn how to play against it lol. instead, everyone quit

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Played some Nidhogg 2 during the weekend it was fun but boy does that game have issues, the first game is a lot better and I'll play that over N2 any day.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I liked the Fallout games so much more as SRPGs

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

I don't know what the developers were thinking with Gangsters 2 but it was a pile of tripe compared to the flawed but charming Gangsters: Organised Crime.

In fact reread that above statement again but switch in Constructor 2 and Constructor.

Don't get me started on Civ5...

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Fredrik1 posted:

Played some Nidhogg 2 during the weekend it was fun but boy does that game have issues, the first game is a lot better and I'll play that over N2 any day.

Ya Nidhogg one is a good example of just the right amount of restraint. Does what it needs to be and nothing more or less.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fredrik1 posted:

It looks so incredibly ugly

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I watched dunkey's Nidhogg 2 video yesterday and what the gently caress is up with that art style

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
what they did to nidhogg 2 is absolutely despicable.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Drawn to Death and Nidhogg 2 in the same year is more than I can bear

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

what the gently caress the niddhogg 2 art style is loving awesome

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Gigante posted:

I watched dunkey's Nidhogg 2 video yesterday and what the gently caress is up with that art style

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1532&bih=860&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=european+platform+game&oq=european+platform+game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

what the gently caress the niddhogg 2 art style is loving awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

I loved Viewtiful Joe but thought 2 was kind of lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU