Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

You're a very sweet person for bringing Chester in. He's a very pretty cat! let's see some more Chester pics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008

Thin Privilege posted:

He loves all people he’s been introduced to. He’s so sweet and loving. Though I’ve always told people to be gentle with him. As as I said before he didn’t like loud, active people on tv (loud, moving their arms a lot, etc—I watch exclusively trash tv) so I tell people who meet him to be gentle.

But he’s pretty decent with my trash tv now. He even fell asleep during a DNA Maury. I’m not gonna risk people IRL being non-chill and non-gentle around him though.

I'm a musician; any time that I've gotten a new car, it takes 1-3 months for them to get used to the sound of me practicing or composing. Eventually it goes from "nuclear attack, every cat for themself!" to vaguely turning the other way on whatever furniture that they are lounging on/covering with fur.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Chester the Bester: A Portrait

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Those things on my fridge say “live each day like you finally caught the red dot.” they’re from https://meowingtons.com , a good website for crazy cat people who want cat-themed clothes and items.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 21, 2018

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Thin Privilege posted:

I would pet this catte

:kimchi:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I don’t have any pics or videos but I just wanna say I love Chester so much.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Thin Privilege posted:

:swoon:

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Chester is a very lovely boy! We took a kitty in from a shelter who had been left wild til he was about 4 months old. When he was rescued he was riddled with ringworm and then was in isolation for a while until he was clear and the rescue got him in with the other cats to learn good manners. He did the whole being afraid of mirrors and not understanding basic house things too but aside from some very weird habits he’s the sweetest boy.

Sort of feral kitties rule, even if they’re a lot of hard work! So many kudos to you.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Thin Privilege posted:

Octolady posted:

Chester is a very lovely boy! We took a kitty in from a shelter who had been left wild til he was about 4 months old. When he was rescued he was riddled with ringworm and then was in isolation for a while until he was clear and the rescue got him in with the other cats to learn good manners. He did the whole being afraid of mirrors and not understanding basic house things too but aside from some very weird habits he’s the sweetest boy.

Sort of feral kitties rule, even if they’re a lot of hard work! So many kudos to you.

:words: incoming:

Thank you both. Chester was insanely feral. I think I might have toned it down in my old posts but I don’t remember. Anyways, In the very beginning, I’ll be honest and say I was massively attacked a few times if I walked near him or tried to touch him. I have some Chester scars. And I did have to towel burrito him 3 times. But it’s ok because I knew it was part of the process. When I was a kid we dealt with a lot of feral cats so I know how to deal with these guys. I said before too that a super calm and sweet voice is like magic. Remember how butters hated him? They did a nose kiss touch today.

It took waaaay more months to get him to house-cat level, way more than the Internet talks about the process.

Just an update for today, I just gave them ALL treats and they all came together and were cool. Chester did have to have me next to him cause he feels like I have to protect him. Also he is now ok with me hugging and kissing him (not on the mouth obviously, just on top of his head).

Chester is a very good cat.

Here are some pics from just now. Yes I know that frame needs something on it.

SNOUT

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I also love chesty, but I must say his paws look like normal sized cat paws to me and not the gargantuan abominations I was expecting from the hyperbole. Maybe I need to see them next to one of the other kittens' paws.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

ILL Machina posted:

I also love chesty, but I must say his paws look like normal sized cat paws to me and not the gargantuan abominations I was expecting from the hyperbole. Maybe I need to see them next to one of the other kittens' paws.

Same, but my former stray is polydactyl and has paws like boxing gloves, so I might be biased. (He's really good at opening doors.)

Chester is adorable.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Proof in Paws

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 29, 2018

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Thin Privilege posted:

Proof in Paws

Aww. Maybe he'll grow into them.

Seriously, though, you're a really good person, taking care of this little guy and giving him such a good home.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Aww. Maybe he'll grow into them.

Seriously, though, you're a really good person, taking care of this little guy and giving him such a good home.

Thank you, I really take that to heart <3 :kimchi:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah I know it's not easy integrating feral kitties but he looks happy. Chester is A++

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Yeah I know it's not easy integrating feral kitties but he looks happy. Chester is A++

Grade: A++ :swoon:

My catte is a perfect student.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 4, 2018

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
He's got such an earnest facial expression :3:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Bester

:kimchi:

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

Grade: A++ :swoon:

My catte is a perfect student.

Chester I love your eyeliner :allears:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
If Chester ever grows into his neck, he'll be four feet long.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
I have to ask: how does sleeping work with all those cats? Like, you have to wake to covered by/surrounded by half a dozen of them every day.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
This is the first time he’s loafed. Was a shock when I looked over and saw it.

Chest loaf incoming:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bobbie Wickham posted:

I have to ask: how does sleeping work with all those cats? Like, you have to wake to covered by/surrounded by half a dozen of them every day.

I don’t wake up to cats, but when I’m falling asleep/in bed, they all sit around me. They enjoy being petted while I’m trying to sleep. It is very :3:

E: ok ignore first statement. I wake up to cats cause sometimes butters MOOOOOOS and sometimes they decide to walk all over me. Literally, physically.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jun 7, 2018

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Thin Privilege posted:

I don’t wake up to cats, but when I’m falling asleep/in bed, they all sit around me. They enjoy being petted while I’m trying to sleep. It is very :3:

E: ok ignore first statement. I wake up to cats cause sometimes butters MOOOOOOS and sometimes they decide to walk all over me. Literally, physically.

The most cats I've taken care of at once was three at a time, when I was fostering my friend's kittens, and I woke up everyday to one cat on top of me and one at each side. (They took turns for who was on top of My. St. Bobbie.) My apartment had a weird setup because of the size of the rooms, so my bedroom was what was supposed to be the living room, in the middle of the apartment/Kitty Cat Rodeo & Racetrack. The kittens would literally run on top of me, multiple times, while they raced around the apartment at 2 AM.

Moral of the story: cats are adorable and jerks.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bobbie Wickham posted:

The most cats I've taken care of at once was three at a time, when I was fostering my friend's kittens, and I woke up everyday to one cat on top of me and one at each side. (They took turns for who was on top of My. St. Bobbie.) My apartment had a weird setup because of the size of the rooms, so my bedroom was what was supposed to be the living room, in the middle of the apartment/Kitty Cat Rodeo & Racetrack. The kittens would literally run on top of me, multiple times, while they raced around the apartment at 2 AM.

Moral of the story: cats are adorable and jerks.

Omg kittens running all over you is :swoon:

Unrelated, here is a Chest face.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 7, 2018

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Look at dat face

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Chester HATES the smell of my new air conditioner so he’s been hissing at everyone, including me, so I’ve had to close him in his room a few times ( :( ) ((he’s fine going in there, it’s his chill spot so there’s no problem but I don’t like locking him up)), but he also loves the ac and sits in front of the thing the whole time. Doesn’t make any sense; actually, it does: cats.

Reintroductions are in order and considering a feliway in the outlet under the ac.

E: ordered feliway, what’s the harm. Gonna be here in 1-3 hours, yay for living here & amazon prime now. Will update.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 18, 2018

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Have you heard of "The Trainable Cat?" It's a book by a couple of experts on cat behavior that I heard about on NPR (where I always get ideas for books to give people). I bought a copy for a friend because he has two cats that are assholes who will stalk and attack people in a not-playful way. One of them also pees on things every now and then that she's not supposed to, and his girlfriend is ready to get rid of that cat. I'm curious if you've perused it at all, and what you think.

And if not, any advice for dealing with rear end in a top hat cats like that? (I feel like if anyone would know, it would be you, ya crazy cat lady. :j: (Which I mean in the best way possible.))

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

You changed his environment without consulting him first, you big meanie :laffo:

Chester Bester!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Have you heard of "The Trainable Cat?" It's a book by a couple of experts on cat behavior that I heard about on NPR (where I always get ideas for books to give people). I bought a copy for a friend because he has two cats that are assholes who will stalk and attack people in a not-playful way. One of them also pees on things every now and then that she's not supposed to, and his girlfriend is ready to get rid of that cat. I'm curious if you've perused it at all, and what you think.

And if not, any advice for dealing with rear end in a top hat cats like that? (I feel like if anyone would know, it would be you, ya crazy cat lady. :j: (Which I mean in the best way possible.))

I never heard of the book but I’m gonna pick it up.

I’d have to know the specifics of the rear end in a top hat-ness of the behavior to give specific advice because all cats are different with different personalities, and they have to be treated on an individual basis. For example, I am taking 2 days off work cause I’m sick and so I’m at home all day, the cats are super confused and also now have to be awake. The rest are OK mostly—I have to give Fluffy crazy attention though— but Chester got suuuuuper cranky cause he’s used to sleeping all day on tuesdays so I had to put him to sleep. Like tucking in a 2 year old. I don’t understand how they know my crazy work schedule but welp, cats. I’ve said before that I separate them; some of the cats don’t get along so while I’m out of the house I put them in different rooms. I have baby gates so they can still smell each other so they’re not like, “who the gently caress is this new guy :catstare:” when I come home. I learned this cause when I was young and dumb and got my first cats in ‘08 I had no clue what the gently caress I was doing and didn’t know how to introduce cats; so, I just left them all together immediately so Fluffy and Kitty hate each other. They’re chill now but sometimes Fluffy is an rear end in a top hat and chases after Kitty so I’d rather avoid the possibility of conflict when I’m not around; hence, separate rooms with baby gates. Giving Fluffy constant attention today prevents him from being an rear end in a top hat towards Kitty. All are different.

Update on feliway: these fuckers calmed the hell down as soon as I plugged it in. Mews just sits in front of it. Chesty and Butters haven’t been assholes towards each other. Chesty is being cranky today but as you know he’s moody and also very sleepy. Otherwise though he’s super chill. :catdrugs:

Also baby voice does magic. Wittle chesty besty you are the bestest cat ever, and such. I have no idea why it works but it does. Not just on Chesty, on all of them.

Sorry I don’t think my post is coherent enough, the summary is that each cat needs to be treated on an individual basis, and I love all my cats.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 20, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Chester apparently REALLY loves being brushed by the swifter 360 wand. I petted him as a joke and he went crazy. I tried to put it away and he was all, “mreowr? Where did my wand go?”

So then I petted him more with the wand and he flattened out like a pancake being petted. Who pets a pancake with a swifter 360? crazy people.

E: I felt like trying to give them ALL catnip TOGETHER. They are having a huge stoner party and Chester thinks one of my shoes belongs to him :catdrugs: (I didn’t touch it or try to take it away, he’s just holding it like a baby blanket :swoon: )

E2: this is chesters eyes. They are COMPLETELY DILATED :catdrugs: :catdrugs:

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 24, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
A guy I was working with got interested in a PS4 after he played a game I told him about.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Lol, awwwww. Chester has such a sweet and earnest lil face.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Just so drat placid.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Eifert Posting posted:

Just so drat placid.

Don't let that fool you--cats are not placid creatures. Except maybe for puppy-cats, but they can be deceptive.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I need a Chester, not a PS4

:ohdear:

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Goober Peas posted:

I need a Chester, not a PS4

:ohdear:

There are a lot of shelter cats that need a good home.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Don't let that fool you--cats are not placid creatures. Except maybe for puppy-cats, but they can be deceptive.

That’s like.. all my cats. The trick for this to happen is to become a crazy cat lady.

Emptyquoting this:

Bobbie Wickham posted:

There are a lot of shelter cats that need a good home.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 26, 2018

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The 70s thread got me to play some ABBA and Chester got so happy he was crazy laying and rolling on my lap. Second time ever he’s gone on my lap willingly done it. All the pics of me and him and him on the lap are blurry as crap cause he was going around being petted like crazy, but here’s him listening to some ABBA and smiling when he went on the couch; he’s looking at my computer where the sound is coming from.

*next day update: I am playing it on my phone and he’s chilling next to me—and rubbing on my phone. Wtf is with ABBA and Chesty.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

E:

E2:So he’s got huge paws and eyes that change color. Happy with big paws and now-blue eyes, happy with Chesty :glomp:

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 30, 2018

• Locked thread