Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

I think the 15 difficulty levels will help make the grinding feel rewarding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

Doorknob Slobber posted:

at e3 they made the game sound like a diablo 3 clone but worse, like difficulty modes you have to grind to get to and random loot and other poo poo

There are 15 difficulty levels. I'm not sure about loot, that is the first I've heard of it (granted, I haven't watched many of the streams or really dug into gameplay videos).

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

Viridiant posted:

No. So far the only things you gather materials for are, as a previous poster said, the consumables that seem more like an extra supplement in battles than anything else. I haven't played much of Borderlands, but from what I can tell the only similarity is that damage numbers pop up when you shoot enemies.

It's especially worth noting that, instead of showering you with lovely random drops, you get one new gadget for each character you bring on a mission at the end of the mission. Gadgets just tweak the character a little and are more horizontal progression (unlocking different options) than vertical progression (unlocking more powerful options). Many of the gadgets seem to have both a bonus and a penalty associated with using them.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

Section Z posted:

My enjoyment of this game seems to heavily depend on if I have to fight anywhere near literally any road.

"Yeti's got over 19 thousand health, this should be fine-" Civilian car + rooftop sniper, bye yeti. Okay, switch to Hollywood-*immediately slammed by the latest in a long line of bloodthirsty full speed cars*

Super murder cars also makes it rather difficult to ever get a bead on rooftop snipers at any angle you are allowed to shoot them from at the time

EDIT: okay, okay, I've bounced back and I think I can handle finishing off this max wanted level boss-Nope, Yet is dead again from civilian cars because I backstpped three feet back into the street.

I actually have found that being conscious of the road and avoiding cars has added an interesting dynamic to fights that break out near them. It is one of the things that keeps fights fun.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

RatHat posted:

It's weird when agents you haven't unlocked yet start talking to you...

The agents you haven't unlocked yet are still members of MAYHEM, so its not really out of place for them to talk to you.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Gat is a real punisher, but he feels a bit soft. I kind of wish he had a little bit larger shield. Like Daisy.

Between the damage he puts out himself and the absurd +20% Weapon Damage he gives to the entire team, having his weakness be defense makes sense.

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

If we do see DLC agents beyond Gat and Lazarus, I expect we'll get Kinzie. The AMA they did on Reddit showed that there was demand for her, and she was clearly already on their radar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I thought Braddock's skin was supposed to be a Winter Soldier thing?
Too many comic characters have the one metal arm thing going

Yes. Braddock also has a Winter Soldier skin.

• Locked thread