Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

I died on fleek, and so am cursed to roam the Earth forever, eternally on fleek...

Buglord

So last time Kinzie Kensington (or maybe Johnny Gat) beat up Satan and as a favor God let us recreate the world after a space alien named Zinyak had destroyed it, which left us with Johnny Gat as a cop about to interrogate a woman named Brimstone.
Oh, spoilers by the way.

Agents of Mayhem (Multinational AgencY Hunting Evil Masterminds (acronyms are hard)) is the continuation of this story. Founded by Persephone Brimstone and funded by Ultor the Agents fight against the super-villain organization L.E.G.I.O.N. (League of Evil Gentlemen Intent on Obliterating Nations) to stop them from... obliterating nations I suppose. It's an open-world third-person action-adventure game set in futuristic Seoul, South Korea and heavily inspired by 80's action like G.I. Joe.

http://i.imgur.com/6zEwila.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/P9Pykbj.gifv

Five Things I Already Love About Agents of Mayhem (Kotaku)
Agents of Mayhem is a Brilliantly Bonkers Follow-up to Saints Row Series (PlayStation Universe)
Agents of Mayhem A.M.A. (reddit)

http://i.imgur.com/1a633zI.gifv

Agents of Mayhem comes out on Tuesday for Playstation 4, Personal Computer, and the other one. Pre-loading is available now.
Some guy that is a preorder bonus
It is rated M for Mature and contains Blood, Drug Reference, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, and Violence

Look at this loving Goonies poster I'm dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

I died on fleek, and so am cursed to roam the Earth forever, eternally on fleek...

Buglord

John Murdoch posted:

is this game secretly darkspore 2

It's Frog Fractions 3.

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

I had to look up what that is and apparently I own ~a dozen games with it and never knew so I'm okay with this.

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

That's just all games these days.

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

devs need to take a page out of Yakuza's book and exchange huge open worlds full of gently caress-all with smaller, tighter hubworlds with a lot of passages to actually fun activities. Yakuza 0 absolutely understood that they didn't want to waste your loving time with long treks towards nothingness, and packed full-featured activities all across the tiny hubworld.

Making stuff is hard though

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

Hollywood trying to speak cop to Gat was great. I laughed. Also I really like that teammates call out if to switch to them if they're strong against armor/shields/whatever because I'm not memorizing that.

It's weird that pedestrian dialogue is so quiet, because your guys in the Ark and henchmen in bases and stuff sound just fine?

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at Aug 16, 2017 around 00:56

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

I'm pretty sure I just cleared one of the dungeon things with a single Rama mayhem. People just kept filing into a corridor of poison gas and exploding leaving more poison gas to explode more people.

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

Friendship ended with D-Horse. Not-K.I.T.T. is new best friend.

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

On Devil's Night LEGION took over the world! Except for a lovely impoverished 5 block radius protected by Mila Kunis, Michael Clarke Duncan (rip), and David Carradine (also rip)

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

Just an FYI if you're sending your operatives out on the world missions the clock does not tick down when you're out of game.

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

Gamespots the Kane and Lynch guys right? They must have the best publicists in the world.

Does only the first car have a voice? I have the Enforcer but it doesn't seem to talk

edit: oh nope, it started talking after I hit post

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

I'm hemorrhaging Intel because I keep doing the world map stuff, but in the main game I'm not really doing anything that gets me drops like mostly I'm just trying to fill out my car roster and opening up more warp point and stuff. It seems like the lairs might be the go to for a bunch of Intel drops unless someone has a better idea?

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

Hardtack is probably my team's anchor (ha ha) person. He's big. He heals really fast. I have a mod that gives him fortify stacks on dashing and you can spam dash up to like 5 stacks or something. His hits are slow, but tend to stagger enemies so it doesn't matter you can take out any one enemy with impunity, and his harpoon teleport them to you so it's really easy to toss it and then go sprint behind a wall or something so that it singles just that dude out.

Qmass posted:

The funniest part of this is fighting the mini-boss guys on the road. Civilian cars will smash into them disorientating and damaging them. Long as you keep triple jumping to minimise your time on the ground you wont get hit much either.
I noticed that the enemy AI has a very hard time hitting you in the air. Long as you keep triple jumping and charging/releasing arrows in between jumps you can do a lot of dmg while almost never being hit. There is either a gadget or legion tech which make air shots charge your mayhem faster too.

In Persephone's office there's a computer with all kinds of stats like 'airtime'. I've spent like 1.5 out of 8 hours played in the air apparently.

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

Mokinokaro posted:

So, future add-on content or just easter eggs?

Gat has dialogue where he tries to call Kinzie and he gets uh...Braddock I think instead?

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

spit on my clit posted:

wait who the gently caress is lazarus? i only got Gat, the best character in the game.

A console pre-order character.

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

spit on my clit posted:

thats weird, i preordered it for the ps4. i guess gamestop must have specifically given Gat

Yeah, it's the console store digital editions.

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

Storm's a preorder one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 15, 2007

Buglord

Yeah, I'm on PC with the problem as well. I'm at work so I can't say what my sliders are but I"ll try and look tonight/tomorrow night and maybe upload a video of it to The Youtubes.

It's pretty exclusively the pedestrian/world stuff in Seoul though being a faint murmur/inaudible. Enemies and my characters are fine. Audio transmissions are fine. Even NPCs walking around in the Ark and the non-combative scientist dudes in lairs are fine.

edit: August Gaunt's car alarm...may not be fine? I could hear it, but it wasn't nearly as loud as my character's dialogue seemed to imply it was.

• Locked thread