Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

This game? It is fun. And now I see what all the fuss is about Rama.

And it's hella neat using it with an XBox Elite pad and putting d-pad left and right on the triggers. It's *really* handy. Wasn't sure about the other two so I just put dodge and reload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

MadDogMike posted:

Really? How do people use her well? In my experience she keeps getting blown to bits the second something looks at her funny, what's the trick to using her well?

For me, mainly, lots of stealth and using the high ground. Also her range is *really* good so she can hit the enemy before they can hit her. Also important to use her AoE grenade arrow.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Mans posted:

If this had co-op a lot of people, myself included, would it buy it because it seems a blast to play with friends. Since this is just a lovely SP knock-off i'll wait until it's 5 bucks to play it.

I feel you on wanting to play multiplayer stuff. But I don't necessarily feel it was needed. And calling it lovely just kind of assholish.

Oh, btw, check out Persephone's office occasionally. There's neat background stuff you can check out.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Lasher posted:

Yeti is a beast once you level up his melee vs frozen enemies. He chews through grunts like body's business.

I'll second the lack of feedback. Just did a boss fight there that involved a lot of turrets and they just chewed me to bits without me realising because the actual boss was flying around everywhere and I was looking at him instead. Mostly my fault, I'll admit, but still...

I have a feeling the lack of feedback is because there's times when you can have so many enemies surrounding you they wanted to make sure you're not being completely stunlocked in place and then ded. At the very least melee attacks on you always seem to have some type of feedback.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Lasher posted:

Critical hits headshots? Or is it a luck based thing? Got to do 300 of them today according to this.

Anytime you see orange damage numbers instead of white that's a critical hit. There's a random chance if you're hitting anywhere but the head (and I've seen one agent have an upgrade that can boost this) but headshots will usually count as one.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Lasher posted:

That synergy just completely passed me by! That's great!

Who was it who said to keep checking on Persephone's office for easter eggs? Not seen anything up to now.

Unless they meant the "investigate" points or the story that unravels on the computer?

That was me and it was the computer I was talking about, yeah.

I got Joule and I actually like her a bunch. Her weapon will prioritize enemies over healing her turret and enemies will concentrate on it rather than her. So best thing I've found is basically to dance and jump around enemies while popping whichever ability she's got equipped. Faster firing rate is pretty dang good and the cooldown is fast.

Also holy poo poo Daisy is awesome.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Shooting a Swarmtrooper out of there flips and tumbles and watching them ragdoll a fair ways will never get old.

Also did you know that all the agents actually move and jump at the same rate? Some just *look* like they move slower.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Yeti has a Panthro skin.

TEN OUT OF THE TEN/REFERENCE OF THE YEAR

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

So when can I get the non autotune August Gaunt jam 'Can't Stop Won't Stop'? I wanna make it a ringtone.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

You get the scan range and crystal shower upgrades and start smashing that Y button.

Oh, wait, you said sane.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

I think I remember somebody asking how in the world do you use Joule and I think it just comes down to if her gameplay works with you. But I've been trying to play everybody evenly and I still like her.

I can't comment *too* much since I haven't gotten any legion tech for her but stock I'd say it's pretty important to get turret range up early. I've mainly been using the increased firing rate for her special weapon but you really want to dance around the turret while the enemies concentrate on it. Special restocks pretty fast so you definitely want to spam it.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Section Z posted:

Her slow as molasses deploy speed I could probably try to plan around. The bigger issue to me is an annoying tendency for "By buff your turret, you meant remove it from your carefully placed position on top of a narrow computer and throw it into that corner next to you, right?" being why I keep trying and failing to enjoy her.

gently caress me for taking cover so my shields recover while my turret shoots enemies from behind, I guess. "Okay turret, use your 'draw all aggro' power-fuuuuuck"

Oh, well, I always pre-emptively pick a spot that's open to toss. Much more important to do so after you get the toss range core upgrade. Also your turret buff shouldn't move it when it's already deployed. It'll just deploy it before applying your buff if it's not out. Also of the three buffs the increased firing rate one is the only one that doesn't make the enemy instantly aggro on it. But as long as they're getting shot they still go for it more than me so it's why I stick with it.

Also lots of jumping around. Joule's gun will go for enemies before it goes for the turrent so you can pester them while it does work.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Section Z posted:

I mean specifically, I've already deployed my turret preemptive. But using my ability button decides "Oh, I must be too far away, therefore, have her throw a brand new one THEN activate the ability! I'm so helpful!"

Maxed out turret range skill and preemptive placement don't really do much against that.

As I'm never too far away from my turret I can't say I've run into that. Sorry, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

So, looks like THQ Nordic has bought Koch Media and all its subsidiaries which includes Deep Silver.

https://www.dualshockers.com/thq-no...ia-deep-silver/

Though it says that THQ Nordic and Deep Silver will work individually and everything in the pipelines right now will continue like normal. A strange path the former THQ has taken I gotta say.

• Locked thread