Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

sweetroy posted:

Not sure if it's just the people playing it but after seeing this I'm way less interested. How is this not a co-op game?

My guess is that it's due to the team up specials.

Volition hasn't ruled out adding co-op later but yeah the game feels like it would've worked well with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Skyscraper posted:

Other thread said this has Denuvo, is that true?

Yes. It's right on the Steam page.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Skyscraper posted:

Yeah, totally irrelevant, which is why I don't need it in my game. I didn't even know it killed hard disks too.

You must be trolling.

It does nothing to hard disks/hardware. There's so much fearmongering and lies around Denuvo by the piracy crowd.

Like the only valid annoyance with it is a second online check and you have that with Steam anyways.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Skyscraper posted:

Yeah, I must be trolling, repeating what the poster above me said that I hadn't heard outside this thread.

The poster above said that the stories were false. Like they actually did lab tests that showed Denuvo isn't capable of killing a hard drive in the way people claimed.

EDIT: More power to you if you want to make a stand and see if they remove it in the future.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
GotH was farmed out to another studio.

I'm still not completely sold on AoM but I'm willing to take the plunge.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Saint Freak posted:

That's just all games these days.

Yeah release date embargoes are the norm now. Partly because they update the review copies to the last minute.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Most characters don't seem to have a "travel" power and the only vehicles look to be land so far so I don't think that'll be an issue.

EDIT: Apparently according to idolninja on steam there's ways to (mechanic spoiler) manipulate gravity so you can run up the sides of skyscrapers and stuff. This is character independent.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 14, 2017

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lobok posted:

Driving in games like this would be way more fun if you could be in a car as fast and as easily as you could put up a shield or switch weapons. Like how in Tron the light cycles form around the rider, it would have been nice in Crackdown to have the Agency teleport a vehicle to appear so that you were instantly in the driver's seat. Because driving was supposed to be one of your 3 or 4 main abilities but it was disconnected and inconvenient while your other abilities were a part of you.

I played a game that did this and now I can't remember the name.

SRIV came close, but you still had to dig in a menu to select the vehicle.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

IdolNinja posted:

I don't remember ever saying that. Certain characters do have a wall climb ability that give you an extra boost up, but nothing like wall running or gravity manipulation.

Yeah sorry. It was a terrible misreading of something you said.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
The reviews aren't really poor. It's getting most average to good (but not great)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah it seems like a bad audio mixing error.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Deakul posted:

I don't think I've noticed if there's any aircraft in the game, haven't seen any in previews or anything.

Or even any real vehicle variety aside from variations on super cars.

Question is, how's traversing the city handle? I know you can triple jump but... are there any SR4 levels of absurd travel powers?

1. No aircraft the player can use at least (confirmed by IdolNinja on Steam forums)
2. There are a decent variety of civilian vehicles you can hijack. Agency vehicles are different supercars and SUVs
3. No SR4 level travel powers from what I've seen (I've got 7 of the 12 agents.) Everyone has triple jump + either a wall mantling or air dash.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Fart City posted:

Braddock, Daisy, and Joule have quickly risen to my primary team. Braddock for general purposes (the gadget that has health drop with crits is great for general mob management), Joule for locking down areas with her turret, and Daisy for straight wrecking bigger baddies.

I haven't got Joule yet, but I've been running Braddock, Fortune and Daisy which is pretty dangerous as well.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Two missions are completely broken for me and I can't continue in game.

Kingpin's recruitment I get to the rooftop party and nothing happens. From walkthroughs I know legion troops are supposed to show

The Planetarium Hammersmith gets stuck stunned when his shield goes up and I can't interact with the consoles

Restarting the missions or the game won't fix either. This is on PC.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Managed to fix my first bug with the Hammersmith mission by completely restarting the game and making sure I didn't touch any side objectives before doing it.

Kingpin remains unrecruitable for me.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
So I managed to get around my two bugs earlier. One solution was obvious in hindsight but the other not so much.

For the planetarium I just restarted and made absolute sure to not trigger any optional objectives before finishing it.

The Kingpin mission was weirder. I kept noticing people at the party section randomly turning angry so I went around and smashed all the hate machines in that quadrant. This somehow fixed the mission (the issues seem to have been related to that annoying tutorial/objective bug.)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
So the third Persephone history video gives a list of agents she recruited on top of the ones playable

Doomsday (Luther Shelby);
Crash Cart (Mason Cross);
Socket (Olav Kasperon);
Sable (Ilsa van Der Walt);
Houston (Holly Tanaka);
Coyote (Maddie Greyeyes); and
Safeword (Kinzie Kensington).

(Lazarus - the currently console exclusive preorder - was also there but her codename was Dynamo)

So, future add-on content or just easter eggs?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah on PC (and gamestop preorders for console) you get Gat. Everyone else on consoles get Lazarus who isn't even available until sometime next month.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
So looks like Kinzie is pretty much confirmed

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Anime_Otaku posted:

Hardtack is Bruce Lee, specifically Game of Death. Red Card is Barf from Spaceballs. I'm a little annoyed that only some of the cosplay skins are unlocked from the start, I love Scheherazade's Killer Kold skin.

She also has a very obvious ninja turtle outfit.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Just got a small console update, and I have no idea what it did.

There's supposed to be a hotfix coming up for the mission objectives bug.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

chiasaur11 posted:

(Seriously, though, the jokes in Agents of Mayhem are just disappointing. Saints Row 4 is hilarious, there's a lot of obvious but still amusing jokes built into the GI Joe premise, but most of the humor is kind of terrible. It's like watching late season Simpsons.)

One of their lead writers on Saints Row (and head designer) got poached by Valve.

They now have him working on that hearthstone Dota clone. What a waste of talent.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Apparently Idolninja was spared, but Chip Cheezum wasn't so lucky.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
It also removed Denuvo on the PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

dont be mean to me posted:

Does this mean they have access to Geo-Mod again?

I believe they never lost access to it. You just didn't see it in Saints Row because the building density and structure they had in Guerilla was the limit of the system as currently made.

• Locked thread