Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

The reviews for this look poor, but I really like pretty much all the other Volition games. I preordered it, so I guess I can just wait until I'm off work this afternoon and see for myself.

It seems like assuming they patch some of the more game breaking sounding bugs it will at least be some good dumb fun. Open-world single player Overwatch sounds pretty great to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

I'm about a dozen hours in. I don't know that I like a ton about the game in the abstract, because the missions are definitely repetitive (particularly lairs), and the story is questionable at best.

It's pretty fun to actually play though. One of the main gameplay complaints I read in a bunch of reviews that I think is particularly valid is the fact that there isn't a lot of feedback when you are getting hit. It's really easy to get a guy killed / almost killed before you even notice that you are taking a bunch of damage.

The shooting is fun, and there is quite a bit of variety in how you construct your team. At the moment I'm running with Fortune, Scheherazade, and Kingpin, but there aren't a ton of agents I don't like. Joule kind of sucks, Hollywood is boring, and Yeti seems awfully week. The other 9 all seem viable (I don't have Gat).

Overall I'm having a ton of fun with it, but I think it's flawed. I'll definitely keep playing it.

• Locked thread