Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

precision posted:

I think it'll probably be insanely fun but the character models look weirdly PS2-era and it's putting me off

Maybe you should go look at some actual PS2 games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Any idea what Gat's skills are?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Shooting, stabbing, and his special is Flanderization.

Ok but what does that special actually do?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

This game looks cool and good, though it's a little weird there's no co-op.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Doom '16 had a similar embargo and that ended up being awesome, but you're not wrong to be worried.

My hot take is, it can't be any worse than Gat out of Hell. And I didn't regret Gat out of Hell at all. If it ends up sucking at that level, I'm getting a physical copy, so I'll just play it through and sell it back.

From what I've read from a guy who has it, even if the story is poo poo the gameplay sounds really fun.

EDIT:

quote:

I'm currently at 94% completion with 75 hours in the game. Combat is the primary focus of this game and it's really addicting, the characters are all fantastic, and the map is just flat out beautiful. It gets my approval anyway. If there's anything specific you want to know about, feel free to ask. I plan on making in-depth reviews for different aspects of this game. So far I've only got one out about driving if you want to give that watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLQ8MSWXjUc

From https://www.reddit.com/r/aomthegame...wk/any_reviews/

RatHat fucked around with this message at Aug 14, 2017 around 20:51

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

This game has such awful trailers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

The animated cutscenes are really well done.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Gamespot just gave it a 4/10. 7/10 is a bad game these days.

Gamespot is not the only site that reviews games.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

As far I can tell the synergy is just having diverse characters, so having a character good against shields, one good against armor, maybe one good at hacking, ect.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

It's weird when agents you haven't unlocked yet start talking to you...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Lasher posted:

I preordered via digital download on Xbox. I take it you had to physically pre-order to get Gat?

From Gamestop, yeah.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Man Hardtack is a beast once you level him up a bit.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Is there any gadget that makes Red Card's special ability not garbage?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Carnage a Trios (Braddock, Yeti, Daisy) is a really solid team.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

It's so frustrating that the Relic trading stations reset whenever their corresponding outpost is taken by Legion. It just incentivizes you to get all 4 trading stations in one session, teleport back to the ark, and idle there for hours to farm money.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Got a fun bug where enemies aren't spawning in the Rama investigation mission, therefore rendering me unable to finish it.
And now also my HUD just decided to gently caress off for the day.

Yeah I've had missions bug out like that quite often, I had to restart from checkpoint to fix it.

Also I had a bug today where my UI completely disappeared and I had to close and relaunch the game to fix it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Ohhhhh you can manually edit your character loadout at the bottom of the ship, next to the dark matter crystal. This whole time I've just been queuing into a mission and then backing out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Zaa Boogie posted:

Yeti has a Panthro skin.

TEN OUT OF THE TEN/REFERENCE OF THE YEAR

Oh I was wondering who that was referencing. Speaking of which, who is Fortune's cosplay outfit supposed to be?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Wait, really? The red eyes look weird when they're not on a helmet

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah Rama is Storm.

IIRC here are all of them

Hollywood = Iron Man
Fortune = Star Lord apparently
Hardtack = Luke Cage?
Braddock = Cable
Yeti = Panthro and Hulk and maybe Colossus
Daisy = Wonder Woman and maybe Red She-Hulk
Rama = Storm and Hawkeye
Joule = Harley Quinn
Red Card = ???
Oni = Joker
Scheherazade = Sub-Zero

I don't know if Kingpin and Gat even have cosplay skins.

RatHat fucked around with this message at Aug 21, 2017 around 07:27

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Each agent only has one Elite Legion Tech right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Oni is really ridiculous with the Legion tech that gives his Intimidating Stare ability Disrupt. He's basically invincible against bosses/lone enemies.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I super enjoy how the game will just switch the difficulty level whenever the gently caress it feels like it.

Yeah I have that happen usually when I buy Super Agent levels.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

With no way to show shards on the map I don't know how any sane person would manage to find them all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Nah, there are 350ish shards in the game. There's a counter on the Agency Progress screen.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

I can't find a setup for Joule that makes her not a chore to play. She just always seems to do such crap damage.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Oni only really starts to shine once you get some good Legion tech for him.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Hey Volition if you want people to sit through the credits of your game don't put August Gaunt music over it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

drat that's unfortunate.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

The lack of co-op probably did hurt sales numbers a bit but I doubt that was the sole reason.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

Volition is kinda known for making good Co-op games, it wasn't really an unrealistic expectation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

So how's Lazarus?

• Locked thread