Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Tricky Ed posted:

I'm really surprised no one's mentioned the vast number of livestreams Volition has made relating to the game. They've been going through one Agent a week, talking with the voice actors, explaining a bit of their backstory, explaining how they play and how they interact with the others, and talking about the journey they went through in development.

They have an archive of all of their streams on YouTube. I highly recommend it if you're curious about any of the agents and what went in to their design. It's spoiler-light; you find out a little about the agents, but they haven't discussed a lot of the main plot or much of the agents' "personal missions."

Maybe I just love the streams because I love design and voice actors? At any rate more people need to see them.

This is great, thank you. It feels like the gaming press hasn't even really been talking about it

I'm seeing a lot of 7's, 8's, and 4/5's. The majority anyway.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Aug 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
E:quote is not edit

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Wow a lot of babies can't stand not having co op

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Schubalts posted:

They talk to each other during main missions, but just wandering around is more personal quips.

I know in one if the streams G.I Jane and Daisy had a great little back and forth

E:Braddock, that's her name.

Game is fun, characters are cool, not sure what people expected :shrug:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I was looking through the mixed reviews on metacritic and the majority of them are basically 'well it's not saints row'.

I mean believe me I want a SR5 but the game deserves a fair shake and again, it's fun.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Mans posted:

This game not having multiplayer is ridiculous.

I disagree. I'd rather they not tack on something they don't want to.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Johnny Gat as a meter maid :allears:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
This is the dev team that gave us the dildo bat after all. He should count himself lucky.

E: Mostly Positive reviews on steam and the metacritic score has gone from 68 to 72. At what arbitrary metacritic review score can this be considered 'not a trainwreck'?

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 16, 2017

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Pirate Jet posted:

Yeah, I'm not surprised the game's unfunny then.

The dildo bat was the best, sorry you're dead inside.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of, thanks again IdolNinja for having made it possible to play the Saints Row 2 pc port. It needs to be said every time Volition releases a game I think.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Mans posted:

If this had co-op a lot of people, myself included, would it buy it because it seems a blast to play with friends. Since this is just a lovely SP knock-off i'll wait until it's 5 bucks to play it.

Way to encourage tacked on multiplayer. One of the shittiest things about games is if you don't have multiplayer your immediately getting flak, even if your vision of the game doesn't call for it.

This game is worth far more than $5, but go ahead and be petulant.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Stanko-Prussian posted:

well, i just beat it, that was a goddamn blast and i hope it does well enough to warrant expanding on because i absolutely enjoy the "if g.i. joe was on adult swim" world. i guess from various text in the game and a few bits in videos that the next agent is probably gonna be kinzie, codename "safeword", either that or they got cut after the cinematics were done.

also, volition, thankyou for providing the internet with voiceclips of d.va swearing.

gently caress me I knew I recognized that voice

I hope not, but after the scathing reviews criticising AoM for not being a Saints Row game I don't know if they'll be able to continue with it :(

I just hope Daisy shows up in whatever they do next.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 18, 2017

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Magil of Shadow posted:

So, the Gamestop closest to me is awesome, as they managed to hook me up with a Gat code after I asked, for buying my other half, of all things, some Twin Peaks merch.

And holy poo poo is Gat a BEAST. I'm not sure what's more broken, his shotgun range, or his Mayhem skill, because good lord, that thing just murders anything even remotely 'in range'.

I was admittedly hoping that his standard outfit would be a bonus costume, and his standard would be the police 'armor' he has in the marketing, but no big. Also, why no banter between him and Pierce?

I'm still nowhere near done, but I'll be sad as hell if this tanks. I'm absolutely loving the Venture Bros/GI JOE meets Adult Swim aesthetic, and I'm rooting for Volition to give us more Agents and missions and the like.

Gats Mayhem ability is just as loving badass as the man himself.

Unrelated, but I really like Persephone as a Boss of not gi joe.. It's a cool angle.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Viridiant posted:

This reminds me of how races in MMOs move. The big ones always look like they move slower than the small ones because they have to adjust their animation so all of them move at the same speed even though they're built very differently. So like in WoW a gnome will look like a tiny speedster and a tauren will look like the slowest lumbering ox.

In guild wars 2 I couldn't play a Norn, even with how badass they are.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Mokinokaro posted:

So the third Persephone history video gives a list of agents she recruited on top of the ones playable

Doomsday (Luther Shelby);
Crash Cart (Mason Cross);
Socket (Olav Kasperon);
Sable (Ilsa van Der Walt);
Houston (Holly Tanaka);
Coyote (Maddie Greyeyes); and
Safeword (Kinzie Kensington).

(Lazarus - the currently console exclusive preorder - was also there but her codename was Dynamo)

So, future add-on content or just easter eggs?

With the reception the game got, id say only easter eggs now.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Braddock's Cable outfit was was unexpected, but really cool. I have to assume Rauma has a Storm reference.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Section Z posted:

Surprise. It's BISHOP, with Cables gun. So you get two X-men References at once.

gently caress I'm a terrible x-fan, I forgot about Bishop.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Interesting how there's no trace of the issue in the dev builds. I wonder how bugs like that occur, it seems really fascinating.

*Same Issue here, PC laptop, default audio settings, in car music and peds are super low volume.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
We have not, in fact, gone long enough for a portal meme to be funny. Wonder how long that poo poo will take

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Whiny babies who can't play games alone. "But my co-op abloooooo"

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Deakul posted:

You absolutely can't deny that this would probably have been an amazing co-op game.

With more varied lairs, sure. I dunno, it's just shoeing in multiplayer even if it's something the devs aren't interested in has just been a problem I've had with the industry for forever. I respect that they wanted to try to make a cool single player game without having to put something in because it's expected.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Mokinokaro posted:

Apparently Idolninja was spared, but Chip Cheezum wasn't so lucky.

Aww :( Glad IdolNinja is ok at least. I read an article that put units sold around 30k...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Volition hasn't been completely scrapped though. I'm thinking that means they're gonna see if Saints Row has any steam left first.

• Locked thread