Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

They'll never see it coming...

What governs how long an Outpost remains under Mayhem control before it gets recaptured by Legion? I keep trying to take them so that Relic can build up some money to buy more upgrades, and it's like I'm on a treadmill where I'll get two taken over, go to take over a third and by the time I've finished that, one of the other two is already back under Legion control.

At this point, I'm about ready to just say "gently caress it" and finish up my current crop of recruitment missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Timotheous Venture posted:

I don't have the game so I can't test it, but I saw a things-I-wish-I'd-known article about AoM stating that Legion reclaims an outpost whenever you go back to your base/hub. Apparently the developers wanted to encourage you to stay out in the world or something.

Yeah, that's not happening here. I claimed the southwest Outpost (the one that requires a Master Programmer to take over), did the Relic mission for that outpost, ran out to the central outpost to deal with a golem near there, and by the time I'd finished killing the golem, the southwest Outpost was back under Legion control. Never went to the Ark at any point between capturing it and losing it.

Also, this is on the PS4 version for what little it matters.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Here's all the skin references I've noticed so far:

Braddock - Going Dutch (Arnold's character from Predator), Mutant Enforcer (various X-Men)
Daisy - Pink and Proud (Zarya from Overwatch), Wonder Daisy (Wonder Woman)
Fortune - Galaxy Guardian (Star Lord from GotG)
Gat - Gat P.I. (Magnum P.I.), Johnny Crockett (Miami Vice)
Hardtack - Game of Mayhem (Game of Death)
Hollywood - Commander Hollywood (Captain America), Man of Iron (Iron Man), Stilwater Original (Saints Row )
Joule - Fungal Fiefdom (Mario), Malibu Joule (Barbie)
Kingpin - Funky Fresh (Fresh Prince of Bel Air, maybe?)
Oni - Ringbearer (The Ring), The Joking Killer (The Joker)
Rama - Eagle-Eye (Hawkeye), Living Legend (Rama from Hindu mythology), Verdant Vigilante (Green Arrow)
Red Card - Red Bazooka (Bazooka from G.I. Joe)
Scheherazade - Killer Kold (Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat), Crimson Clan (I feel like it's a reference to Jinx from G.I. Joe, but I could be wrong)
Yeti - The Incredible Yeti (the Hulk), Thunderbeast (Panthro from Thundercats)

I also feel like Oni's Rising Dragon is a reference to something, but I have no idea what.

Also, no idea which skin of Rama's people keep thinking is supposed to be Storm.

Edit: Oh yeah, and out of all four of the 3-person teams, Firing Squad had the best team mission. I'm a huge sucker for Rashomon stories.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at Aug 21, 2017 around 18:01

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Storm's a preorder one

Huh. Didn't get that one for some reason. The only ones I got were the Franchise Force and Carnage A Trois ones. And I guess technically those six weren't actually preorder skins, they were just included with the Day One edition of the game.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at Aug 21, 2017 around 18:05

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Fart City posted:

Scheherazade has a pretty obvious Storm Shadow skin, too.

I thought Oni's Ringbearer skin was a reference to the Ring Wraiths from LOTR?

Nah, it's The Ring; the matching skin for his gun is called "Seven Days".

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Did the Gaunt missions last night.
Holy poo poo that car alarm was annoying

I think that was the whole point, from a game design perspective. Getting that line stuck in the player's head on a loop, just to help make you hate Gaunt that much more.

It's insidiously diabolical.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Megazver posted:

Just give me Kinzie and all is forgiven.

I, too, wish to unleash Agent Safeword's twerk against the LEGION forces in Seoul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Zaa Boogie posted:

Though it says that THQ Nordic and Deep Silver will work individually and everything in the pipelines right now will continue like normal. A strange path the former THQ has taken I gotta say.

Well, I mean it's working out okay for Sega and Atlus, so why buck the trend?

• Locked thread