Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Is the review embargo STILL up? The day before it comes out? That doesn't really inspire confidence :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Gamespot just gave it a 4/10. 7/10 is a bad game these days.

That review is pretty amazing. Aside from MAYBE Duke Nukem Forever I can't really imagine getting angry enough at a game's writing to rate it a 4/10 (on a critic's scale of 'anything below 70 is utter dogshit'). Did Saint's Row-style humor kill his parents or something? Because if you take out the three loving paragraphs about how much he hates the writing it's a pretty standard 70-point review.

Edit: Gamespot gave Halo 5 a loving 80 and ME:A a 70. But yeah, this game deserves an effective 1-star review for bad writing.

VV: I do think sub-70 is the standard code for 'avoid avoid avoid', but the professional review scene is so hosed up at this point I don't think it really matters at all. I'd LOVE IT if big reviewers would straight-up ditch the Gentleman's Cs/Legacy Admission grading and use a full 1-10 scale, but doing it selectively for some titles and not others is a pretty hilarious double-standard.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 16, 2017

• Locked thread