Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ExHumus posted:

There are 15 difficulty levels. I'm not sure about loot, that is the first I've heard of it (granted, I haven't watched many of the streams or really dug into gameplay videos).

From one stream I saw there are 'gadgets' that modify your skill tree. +20% Damage when using this skill or some such. Looked like there were different loot tiers or some such. A few previews seem to mention the game playing like a 3rd person Borderlands and Overwatch mash up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

thebardyspoon posted:

If anything, if this bombs then I'd expect them to go right back to the Saints Row well very quickly.

Still not sure if I want to get this (I can't afford it and War of the Chosen anyway, so I won't be getting it for awhile regardless), the people giving it bad reviews are reviewers whose opinions I usually completely disagree with but something about the gameplay just looks so rote, I watched a video of the characters ultimate abilities and so many of them were just "characters go into a frenzy and gets more powerful, allowing them to kill lots of enemies". Feels like they could have done a bit more with those, made them more weird.

I read the Polygon review, one of Justin's bigger complaints was some really nasty bugs, like tutorial windows or losing the use of some abilities until you reboot the game and waypoints randomly dropping mid-mission.

Also can't really understand all of the banter being generic. Interparty banter based on who you've taken isn't exactly a novel concept.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 15, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Though if any is interested in the game Bestbuy is offering a $10 gift card if you buy the game this week. Between that and GCU it's already at a decent sale price.

• Locked thread