Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Your next post will be "im gay"

Illegal Hen

omg chael crash posted:

This looks neat but how close is the humor to SR? I might get flack for this but I never found SR to be funny -- it just seemed like it tried way too hard.

If you didn't like SR humor you definitely will not like AoM humor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

DLC Inc posted:

devs need to take a page out of Yakuza's book and exchange huge open worlds full of gently caress-all with smaller, tighter hubworlds with a lot of passages to actually fun activities. Yakuza 0 absolutely understood that they didn't want to waste your loving time with long treks towards nothingness, and packed full-featured activities all across the tiny hubworld.

Yeah I would have taken the dive full-price on this if they brought back SR2 style hubs with hidden secrets everywhere, but it looks like we're back in Steelport again

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Stanko-Prussian posted:

hoestly i'm amused as hell by kingpin, in a reality where apparently the 3rd street saints never existed (thereby meaning the boss died in the intro of sr1) the person who unified the gangs of stilwater is pierce? pierce loving washington?

turns out the only thing holding Pierce back was you

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Way to encourage tacked on multiplayer. One of the shittiest things about games is if you don't have multiplayer your immediately getting flak, even if your vision of the game doesn't call for it.

This game is worth far more than $5, but go ahead and be petulant.

perfect av/post combo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dang, so if you want to play every character you have to either pre-order multiple times from multiple different places or wait for a GOTY edition?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

The Deadly Hume posted:

Of all the dumb jokes like Yeti extolling the virtues of rap-rock and that's the one that broke you.

It's enough to break any man

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

oh dear. I figured AoM wouldn't sell that well but I wasn't expecting it to be that bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

A. Beaverhausen posted:

With more varied lairs, sure. I dunno, it's just shoeing in multiplayer even if it's something the devs aren't interested in has just been a problem I've had with the industry for forever. I respect that they wanted to try to make a cool single player game without having to put something in because it's expected.

how is adding co-op to a game about a team of superheroes that have to work together to fight "shoeing in"? that's like the perfect premise for a co-op game

• Locked thread