Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

DancingShade posted:

Just sticking my head in. Game is fun. Better than I was expecting. Gat lives in my squad permanently.

In fact I see Gat and Daisy as mandatory and only the 3rd slot as optional.

Don't think the game will have long legs but it's fun enough for a while. No regrets buying it but it makes me appreciate Saints Row 2 and 3 more.

I really just want a Saints Row 2 remaster using modern graphics & interface :smith:

Saints Row 2 is fine as it is, clunky, glitchy and janky but it's all part of the charm. There's really no reason to go back to it since while the gameplay could use a fair amount of improvement mechanically, everything else is still perfectly fine. Now, a complete retelling of the original Saints Row in a new setting with new characters on the other hand...

(considering everything I think this is actually the likely option, due to Kingpin's backstory they can't really set it in Stilwater with the same old gangs unless they create another timeline, or continue from SR4 for a different story but that has the serial escalation problem)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

This whole audio stuff sounds like an advanced version of the weird sound bug Saints Row 3 & 4 (at least on PC) have. I think that was pinned down to being an issue with the audio solution (Wwise, I think, it's got the same issue in various other games as well) and the symptoms here sound similar to how the SR games are. Some sounds play back loud, but then a select few are incredibly quiet in comparison, while others are seemingly "normal". Dialogue in-game is basically so loud that everything else disappeares while someone is talking, but cars and various other effects sounds are close to inaudible, it's really weird.

• Locked thread